Del to drive AJ Funny Car (1 Viewer)

Looks like what Shannon reported was indeed true!! Good luck Del and AJ!

I think AJ made a fine choice in Del. I just wonder where Chuck and the CSK crew end up? Does Chuck seek a new sponsor and new driver? Or does the CSK crew go work for AJ as well under Aaron's leadership???

Last edited:
I'm happy for Del..but kind of miffed. I'm sure it was all discussed with Dad. How do you NOT take this opportunity.

Is AJ hiring a crew chief for the T/F? I would think he'd be hands on with one of them. Can't imagine him just standing in the background.

Seemed pretty inevitable what with essentially the whole Worsham F/C operation for sale in the latest National Dragster.

I'm happy that a great driver like Del is going to have a chance to be in a truly competitive car next year, but at the same time, it's kind of sad to see the end of a era for Worsham racing. :(

Seemed pretty inevitable what with essentially the whole Worsham F/C operation for sale in the latest National Dragster.

I'm happy that a great driver like Del is going to have a chance to be in a truly competitive car next year, but at the same time, it's kind of sad to see the end of a era for Worsham racing. :(

I'm pretty sure It was not Del's complete operation, just the 2nd team car stuff.

AJ has a good shoe, and Del will be racing, it's just hard to see Del and Chuck not together anymore.

Last edited:
I'm happy for Del..but kind of miffed. I'm sure it was all discussed with Dad. How do you NOT take this opportunity.

Is AJ hiring a crew chief for the T/F? I would think he'd be hands on with one of them. Can't imagine him just standing in the background.

I thought I had read previously that he was going to handle the funny car and hire someone else for the TF but I guess plans changed....

Jason McCulloch, currently the assistant crew chief on the army dragster, is going to be tuning the T/F. I'm sure AJ will be checking things here and there, but McCulloch has already spent a whole year with him. Only thing left is who will be driving the T/F...:confused:

From a Previous Thread here on the Mater....
"I think the chances of Del Worsham driving for AJ is about 5%... I mean come on Shannon, because crew members have been to "FIND JOBS" for next season because CSK is pulling their sponsorship does not mean that Del is lined up to drive AJ's "DREAM" funny car team. Honestly, I could think of three other guys who are a better fit than Del:

1) Scelzi....
2) Phil Burkhart Jr... (yes, in my opinion a better driver than Del...)
3) Dean Skuza....

Plus, if you think Del is gonna drive an Alan Johnson Funny car and not have "DAD" involved, your nuts! As much as I like Chuck Worsham and Del, I just don't see them "WORKING" with AJ.

So, for the Dirt on the Dragstrip score card.... I'd say we are 0-2 so far. No Hill Will for AJ, and No Worsham for AJ...

I WAS WRONG!!!

Congrats to Del, Aaron Brooks, and AJ...this will be a good fit for next year!

Jeff Arend actually brought up a very good point during the monday chat this past week. Of all the drivers currently in funny car, Del is one of the best pedeling the car. He was born to drive a funny car...(even though he did drive Primm's Top Fuel Dragster for a while)....and he will be a great addition to the Al-Anabi racing team.

Congrats to all parties involved.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back