Crazy Rumor - I Hope It's True (2 Viewers)

Let's say you are going on elimination day (finals) and your ticket will cost 65 small and parking will be 15 small, and you will spend 8 hrs @ the track
That assumes you want to spend 8 hours at the track. A lot of people - particularly those with kids - want a 3-4 hour night out.

i disagree, an extreme activity does not have an age prerequisite to be defined and yes a Nitro pass, only last for a few secs but standing on 10k HP throttle, going from 0 to 330 would have to be considered extreme, in my book. I consider skydiving an extreme activity however, the mental aspect aside and assuming you can stick the landing, its a piece of cake! (didn't Bush Sr, sky dive when he was in his 80's) In other words, i believe extreme is defined, not necessarily by the physical demand but the 'Risk that is involved'

Age no, but perception to new potential viewers is immeasurable.

And I’d look at it more like ability, talent, odds of doing it etc. if the NY giant qb was 4th generation, meaning his great grandad was once qb, then grandad, then dad, then him, well you’d say those odds are impossible, and there’s some political factor going on. When I see :

John force
Ashley force
Courtney force
Brittany force

Jimmy prock
Austin prock

Gary densham
Steve demsham

Kenny b
Brandon b

Kalittas etc

I don’t see equal chances and opportunity to “rare, extreme” talents, I see nepotism.

And as far as me getting in one, have you seen the amateurs that have gotten in Larry dixon’s 2 seater? Only thing stopping me from doing that is $$$$, not for lack of being extreme

What doesn’t help the image is Cortney force at 21 years old being competitive in her first year, like all the other force daughters. I see it as not who as the ability, but who has the golden spoon

And I’d look at it more like ability, talent, odds of doing it etc. if the NY giant qb was 4th generation, meaning his great grandad was once qb, then grandad, then dad, then him, well you’d say those odds are impossible, and there’s some political factor going on. When I see :

John force
Ashley force
Courtney force
Brittany force

Jimmy prock
Austin prock

Gary densham
Steve demsham

Kenny b
Brandon b

Kalittas etc

I don’t see equal chances and opportunity to “rare, extreme” talents, I see nepotism.

And as far as me getting in one, have you seen the amateurs that have gotten in Larry dixon’s 2 seater? Only thing stopping me from doing that is $$$$, not for lack of being extreme

What doesn’t help the image is Cortney force at 21 years old being competitive in her first year, like all the other force daughters. I see it as not who as the ability, but who has the golden spoon
Man you need to look at F1, the motorsport that to me has THE most talented drivers of all. Dig a little bit and there's more nepotism than you may realize. One example is Lance Stroll, who's dad is a billionaire, with a B, and owns a team. There are more but I'm not an expert, just a casual fan. As far as the Force girls, none of them jumped into fuel cars. They ran seasons in Super Comp and then A/FD before moving up. But, there have been many drivers who have driven nothing but fuel cars and been successful. Desire goes a long way.
While you may view it as a negative that money buys rides, it's that way in most motorsports now to varying degrees. Back to F1, that is the opposite extreme. Having the money doesn't necessarily mean you can play. Ask the Andrettis. BTW, none of this is argumentative, just conversation.

John force
Ashley force
Courtney force
Brittany force

Jimmy prock
Austin prock

Gary densham
Steve densham

Kenny b
Brandon b

Kalittas etc

They deserve a bit more credit than that. There have been plenty of folks who had money, but didn't have the desire/commitment to stay in the sport.

Nepotism and auto racing...wow, yeah imagine that. Regardless, you still have perform and not f**k it up.

Man you need to look at F1, the motorsport that to me has THE most talented drivers of all. Dig a little bit and there's more nepotism than you may realize. One example is Lance Stroll, who's dad is a billionaire, with a B, and owns a team. There are more but I'm not an expert, just a casual fan. As far as the Force girls, none of them jumped into fuel cars. They ran seasons in Super Comp and then A/FD before moving up. But, there have been many drivers who have driven nothing but fuel cars and been successful. Desire goes a long way.
While you may view it as a negative that money buys rides, it's that way in most motorsports now to varying degrees. Back to F1, that is the opposite extreme. Having the money doesn't necessarily mean you can play. Ask the Andrettis. BTW, none of this is argumentative, just conversation.
Yup and Lewis Hamilton comes from nothing and after 7 F1 World Championships, people still try to downplay his talent and accomplishments.

John force
Ashley force
Courtney force
Brittany force

Jimmy prock
Austin prock

Gary densham
Steve demsham

Kenny b
Brandon b

Kalittas etc

Hmmmm…I Always thought Ashley, Brittany and Courtney were competitive @ a young age because they are total badasses and have the Force gene, and were trained by the best people in the business

Last edited:
I have always said we do not have the best nitro drivers in the world we have the 32 who can afford to do it. A lot of very good drivers have come and gone because they did not have the money to continue racing.

Good post. When I hear what people pay to attend stick & ball sporting events, it blows my mind that people complain about NHRA ticket prices.
Prices are not high. Look what you pay to attend a Broadway play (even in your home town) or baseball/football game.

Prices are not high. Look what you pay to attend a Broadway play (even in your home town) or baseball/football game.
Absolutely. It's $75 to go to the PGA Tour golf tournament a few miles from my place today, and it's not even that big of a tournament in a relatively small city. And that $75 only gets you on the premises and lets you walk around the course, it's over $100 if you actually want a seat somewhere.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back