Hope This Rumor is Not True... (1 Viewer)

Yes Jay, that's what I'm saying.

P.S. Next time they are in competition will be the 1st round of the K&N Horsepower Challenge, GA vs. EE

Alan

I think that's a great pic! And why do people think it's fake? Greg really, really hates to lose, but he's been saying all along that Erica's time was coming, and kidded that he didn't want to be "that guy" on the losing end. Well he was, and I think he showed true sportsmanship, and was happy for her.

I think that's a great pic! And why do people think it's fake? Greg really, really hates to lose, but he's been saying all along that Erica's time was coming, and kidded that he didn't want to be "that guy" on the losing end. Well he was, and I think he showed true sportsmanship, and was happy for her.

As funny as people think the picture is, I believe it's in bad taste. You say that GA showed true sportsmanship, maybe that's the least EE could have done instead of taking a pic in front of GA hauler with the Wally. Funny, but I've never seen any other professional driver doing that....imagine AJ doing that in front of Schumacher's hauler or vice versa. Never going to happen, joking or not!

IMO, gloating never moves anyone forward, only backwards.

Last edited:
everyone is ready to stone her. who took the photo ? maybe she was walking by the trailer and a fan snapped it. maybe greg anderson took the picture for her. Now if she was giving the 1 finger salute or something in the picture then a few stone might be ok. What is everyone on here old and don't remember what it was like to be young and win a Wally ?

Erica's sister posted on Yellowbullet that a "sponsor's son" posted that picture. It wasn't meant to go public, but she said "it's out now, oh well".

Personally I wouldn't pose for a picture like that, I feel you should handle both victory and defeat with style and grace. She normally does, but we all do things in the moment that we might take back if we had the chance. That, and I'll probably never win a Pro Stock race against GA. :D

It is a bummer it has given the haters fuel, because Erica and her team definitely earned the win. Her worst light was a .040 and her best was a .034....THAT is called driving a pro tree clutch car, IMO. They were one of the fastest cars all day and consistent like a bracket car. It also takes a good driver to shift the car on time and keep it in the groove for the E.T.'s to repeat like they did.

Photoshopped or not, what a dumb thing to do. I am thinking that photo is posted on the dyno, the break room, the bathroom, all over the car assembly area and probably wall papered inside the transporter at Ken Black racing.

Motivation to work extra hours and get up on the wheel in the car has been supplied by Enders and Cagnazzi. They will probably wish she had grabbed the trophy, put it in the truck and left the track to celebrate in private.

First off Congrats Erica. My 3 year old daughter and I sure enjoy her movie often. Can't wait until she's 8. My wife and I met Erica Monday after Vegas 1 2008 out shopping. She was more than cool with us even though she had a tough day on Sunday. She seemed positive and upbeat about us being drag racing fans. Just on fan's take....by the way this car won on Sunday.
LineinWinnersCircle.jpg

Wow. you guys want racers with personalities and when one wins her first race and runs around the pits with her Wally and is really excited you chastise her?
Congratulations to her, I would have ran all the way home next to Greg's trailer. :D

standing in front of a trailer that says 4x champ - she is beside herself
that she finally beat the best, and for a race win at that.
can you say rivalry? ........it's all good stuff.

I known Greg since his days with John Hagen (RIP) and I know this about him. He wants to win every race and works hard to do so. I'm sure every runner-up (even to Jason) is a dis-appointment. This is what makes him a true champion. I'm sure at the end of the day he was happy for Erica.
2011Rebuild.jpg

PRO-1.jpg

GREGANDERSON-1.jpg

Those are cool shots! Even though I started this thread as a rumor that I read elsewhere, I'm kinda bummed I did. A lot of the fun of the various race sites is getting the latest rumors, but in this case, even after we learned it was bogus, it feels like this has dragged on with a negative feel. Bottom line, I hope Erica savors this historic win, and enjoys many more!

IMO, gloating never moves anyone forward, only backwards.

Had a coach tell me that one day... with which he followed with..."is usualy based on the fact someone just lost"..... lol...

If the pic offended you.. so should the statement by Anderson that he did not want to be the "guy' she beat...... which he has said more than once....

Had a coach tell me that one day... with which he followed with..."is usualy based on the fact someone just lost"..... lol...

If the pic offended you.. so should the statement by Anderson that he did not want to be the "guy' she beat...... which he has said more than once....

The pic did not offend me at all...never said it did. I just said that I thought it was in bad taste. Bad taste and offensive are not the same in my book, but maybe they are in yours.

She won the race and her car/driving outperfomed the others....and yes, I'm happy for her. I still say that I do not see any other drivers gloating over a win by posing in front of the team's hauler that they beat. Maybe that's her way of celebrating? I could see her Dad doing that, but didn't think she would :D

Was Gregs trailer 1000 yards away-and she said "lets hop in the golf cart + go get a picture?" Or was it 3 trailers away and she was walking by? She beat the best for her 1st win-I'd be proud too. She didn't go on live tv and go "na-na-nana-na--LOSER!" Someone shot a pic long after the day was over-we dont even know if it was her idea. I think it was funny -and by today I bet Greg does too. I think he sounded kinda tongue in cheek when he said-"he didn't want to be that guy".

The true test-let see if ESPN tries to make a "rivalry" out of it. ;)

The pic does have a photoshopped appearance with the gray/white transition under Greg Anderson, but I haven't seen Greg's trailer lately. As for the "rivalry" part, I'd say this is akin to Rod Fuller v. Tony Schumacher.

I'm still wondering what all the fuss is about...

She's there with her hands up in a gesture like "eh, whadaya gonna do?"
Pretty tame....and pretty cool actually...she should be proud about beating the champ for her first win.

Buttoning my top button....straightening my tie, and preparing for the new, sensitive, every child gets a trophy Drag Racing.....how boring

The pic does have a photoshopped appearance with the gray/white transition under Greg Anderson, but I haven't seen Greg's trailer lately. As for the "rivalry" part, I'd say this is akin to Rod Fuller v. Tony Schumacher.

My guess would be shadows from the lights causing the grey/white transition and 3 shadows of her on Greg's trailer. Photoshopped or not and I'm a team Summit fan I think it's funny as heck. Congrats to Erica on her 1st win.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back