Hope This Rumor is Not True... (1 Viewer)

OK let's be honest here.

GA was very blunt about not wanting to be "that guy."

He went on about that a couple of times during interviews last year.

Well, Greg, you ARE "That Guy."

Sorry man, as much as I respect you, (and I DO respect you. I was a huge John Hagen fan.) this is one of the things you'll be noted for in drag racing history.

Along with all of your race wins and championships, of course!

Last edited:
The rumor was posted on the Classic Funny Car Board. The one who wrote it was "Berserko" Bobby Dorrer. He also was the genius who claimed the Sheik was in drug rehab, that Dorrer was going to promote a huge NFC race at Charlotte and many more unfounded rumors. He posts all about his great sources and is always wrong.

I'm probably not the only one reading all this and thinking what a bunch of manufactured drama. Kinda goes to show why ESPN manufactures the drama - keeps people talking.

All I've ever seen from either Greg is pure class.
I didn't catch any Anderson interviews but from the thread here he must have used the phrase "that guy" which people may have taken offense to.. I don't know Greg, but I'm sure he didn't mean to offend anyone by it. Nothing I've ever heard from or about him makes me think differently.

All I've ever seen from Erica is pure excitement. She's jacked up about the win. Let her have her fun, she deserves it.

Maybe there's some behind the scenes rivalry there I'm not aware of, but whatever - have fun with it... because it's perfect for ESPN to talk about extensively next weekend (can you blame them?)

OK let's be honest here.

Sorry dude, as much as I respect you, (and I DO respect you. I was a huge John Hagen fan.) this is one of the things you'll be noted for in drag racing history.

Oh well, life sucks, and then you die......................

Greg's life doesn't suck. That's being honest.

Lets see now.....4 Pro Stock World Championships, 111 final rounds, 73 Wallys, member of one of the most dominating pro stock teams in history, and he loses in the final round to a woman----yeah life must really suck for him.

.........................All I've ever seen from either Greg is pure class..............
Greg Anderson is nothing but class. The guy's work ethic is unbelievable, his drive to win is unbelievable, he hates losing. However, I'm also sure that if anyone were to walk up to him and ask him if he thought that photo was offensive, he would laugh. As much as that guy hates to lose, he was happy for Erica to get her first win.

OK let's be honest here.

Sorry man, as much as I respect you, (and I DO respect you. I was a huge John Hagen fan.) this is one of the things you'll be noted for in drag racing history.

Along with all of your race wins and championships, of course!

Yes, GA was quite clear about not wanting to be "That Guy". He also gave Erica credit up, down, forward and backward.

I'm probably not the only one reading all this and thinking what a bunch of manufactured drama. Kinda goes to show why ESPN manufactures the drama - keeps people talking.

All I've ever seen from either Greg is pure class.
I didn't catch any Anderson interviews but from the thread here he must have used the phrase "that guy" which people may have taken offense to.. I don't know Greg, but I'm sure he didn't mean to offend anyone by it. Nothing I've ever heard from or about him makes me think differently.

All I've ever seen from Erica is pure excitement. She's jacked up about the win. Let her have her fun, she deserves it.

Maybe there's some behind the scenes rivalry there I'm not aware of, but whatever - have fun with it... because it's perfect for ESPN to talk about extensively next weekend (can you blame them?)

This kind of crap goes with the territory I guess !
I remember when Greg first started winning Championships there were rumors galore about stolen technology he developed for W J and fender bulge issues , wheel Issues , Nitrous hidden in the frame , and of course Traction Control !
That's over a span of a few years of course !
Meantime Greg is a hard working Winner ! In a class when a light Wrist Pin Keeper can disqualify you he and Jason are first class in my book !

People just shouldn't spread unfounded rumors !

If the rumor was indeed started by Berserko ... well, everyone should have learned by now to take EVERYTHING that man says with a HUGE grain of salt. He was either completely joking or just seeing what he could stir up.

Of course, he has also been known to be on the opposite side of the truth from time to time as well ... SEE: Rental Car, LVMS

Last edited:
The pic does have a photoshopped appearance with the gray/white transition under Greg Anderson, but I haven't seen Greg's trailer lately. As for the "rivalry" part, I'd say this is akin to Rod Fuller v. Tony Schumacher.

;)

500pxShopped.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back