Englishtown Rumor (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
Read on another board, there's a rumor floating that Jeg's, Shoe, and the NHRA are trying to buy Englishtown. While the deal was for 5Mil/year to park cars, I guess nothing has been parked there as of yet. Again, I'm just passing along a RUMOR...

I know, in theory, ETown could go back to drag racing after the 5 year contract is up, but NHRA knows for all practical purposes, a 5 year absence is a death sentence for that track. There is no way the NIMBYs are going to let that noise or the crowds back into their neighborhood after 5 years of relative peace (even though the MotoX and drifting events will continue). Buying ETown at this point would be prohibitively expensive because that contract will have to be satisfied first, then you would have to work out a purchase price on top of that. The way I see it, it doesn't matter that no cars have been parked there yet, as long as they pay (and that contract is in force) they can park whenever they want.

This would be some good news if it happens. My annual outing with my dad to a drag race was moved to Joliet this year after the last 30 years of going to E-Town. My dad might not want to go back to E-Town after he sees how nice Joliet is.

E-Town looks hazardous to me. Short shutdown and short sand trap. There has already been one death in the pros. I would advise turning the track around, start at Pension Road and cutting out some of the woods behind the existing staging tower for a longer shutdown.

In order to turn E-Town around, They need to buy out the High End home owners out first. That is the reason why they went low key. Sucks but it's the truth and it hurts. What gets me is the home owners complain about high taxes, but when you have a big event at E-TOWN, It offsets the costs. look at how much revenue that place make on 1 single event...

Yea but No Pro Mods at Maple Grove.

Not the NHRA Pro Mod Series, but the Northeast Outlaw Pro Mod Association will be at Maple Grove on 6/28 & 6/29 and on 8/10 & 8/11. Also at Atco on 5/11 & 5/12 and 9/14 & 9/15. Some of the regional series are taking off. The Midwest Pro Mod Series has had 30+ cars at both events this year.

Last edited:
I would LOVE to see the track come back to life and sincerely hope it does. But it was never going to be NHRA buying it.

Alan

The Napps kind of badmouthed NHRA in that article saying they take too much of the pie for a national. We all know you don't badmouth the "Organization". They don't take too kindly to such criticism. Would NHRA forgive and forget? What if they come back to the national circuit? What would happen to VMP and their national after all the improvements?

The Napps kind of badmouthed NHRA in that article saying they take too much of the pie for a national. We all know you don't badmouth the "Organization". They don't take too kindly to such criticism. Would NHRA forgive and forget? What if they come back to the national circuit? What would happen to VMP and their national after all the improvements?
Even if they couldn't get a National, still would be GREAT to have it back for specialty races and also Regional/Divisional events. Also, I'm sure local racers would be pretty happy to have their track back, it's not just about a national event. My guess is, if they're not parking cars there, somehow they're not spending 5Mil/year as well, so it would only make sense to open the track again, and let revenue start to flow again.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back