Comp plus rumor.. (1 Viewer)

Chili

Nitro Member

i hope it’s true. It says funny car but it doesn’t say the driver won a championship in funny car. The only likely candidates are Larry Dixon, Tony Schumacher, Tony Pedregon, Jack Beckman and Del Worsham. It’s not Gary Scelzi because he recently suffered a stroke.

It says not Top Fuel, but what about Pro Stock? Jason Line, Jeg, Allen Johnson come to mind.

I heard Larry Dixon speaking a few years ago and he gave the impression he was really close to returning. Hope so. Seems like forever now since he raced NHRA. I guess that is just wishful thinking if it’s not top fuel.

Last edited:
Bob utner.....
I don't know. After that other Comp Plus article on Bo, it doesn't sound like he's very eager to go pro stock racing again. He seems to be having too much fun in the sportsman ranks. I could be wrong though.

I don't know. After that other Comp Plus article on Bo, it doesn't sound like he's very eager to go pro stock racing again. He seems to be having too much fun in the sportsman ranks. I could be wrong though.
Heard he wants to come back. Hope so..

There is a saying “How can we miss you if you don’t go away?”. I hope it’s someone who hasn’t been around in the last few years. It would seem like a bigger deal.

Unfortunately he never was a champion. I would have liked that though. I think a few years ago someone was shaking down a new car for him and I guess nothing ever came of it.
I too would guess it's Beckman. Maybe he got sponsorship from an elevator company : )

Or, maybe Worsham is getting sponsorship from one of the Dejoria companies and will run a 2nd car alongside Alexis? But, I doubt he would give up a nice, well paying job as crew chief to get back in the driver's seat. And he wouldn't want to pull double duty as driver and crew chief.

The last thing Pro Stock needs is another Camaro in the mix.
It will be neat to see either Del Worsham or Jack Beckman back in the seat of a good funny car.
I don’t know if Del would give up his crew chief role.

I’ll throw Warren Johnson’s name out there, but I don’t see him running with an existing team. It sure looks to point to Beckman, Line or Butner, but the wording makes it look like they had not previously been with a current multi car team. I’ve noticed these Comp Plus rumors can be worded to sort of swerve us. There is also Mike Edwards, Allen Johnson or Tanner Gray.

I’ll throw Warren Johnson’s name out there, but I don’t see him running with an existing team. It sure looks to point to Beckman, Line or Butner, but the wording makes it look like they had not previously been with a current multi car team. I’ve noticed these Comp Plus rumors can be worded to sort of swerve us. There is also Mike Edwards, Allen Johnson or Tanner Gray.
Pretty sure tg15 wont be back

Pretty sure tg15 wont be back
Yea I assumed but wasn’t sure how well he was doing over there. At the rate he was going in pro stock he could had more accolades than John Force by the end of his career. Not that I was a big fan. Just looking at numbers. A lot of factors go into that statement though.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back