Crazy Rumor - I Hope It's True (1 Viewer)

One thing that makes the timing better now is that Red Bull may not have been able to be in NHRA when the title sponsor was PowerAde or Monster.

You mean PowerAde or Full Throttle (Monster was never the title sponsor) or Mello Yello

A multi billion dollar company is possibly looking at getting into drag racing and we already have negative posts on a public drag racing forum about the potential new sponsor's product. Way to go guys!

Red Bull rarely acts as a sponsor. They like to own everything so they can make money from it. If you look at the company, beverage sales is not the majority of their revenue. Most of it comes from the media they own, and events. Even with F1, they own the team so all the other sponsors pay them. Plus, they make money from licensing, merch sales, etc. Remember that in F1, Red Bull also owns the AlphaTauri team (used to be called Toro Rosso - get it...Red Bull in Italian).

My bet is that if they were to get into drag racing, they would own the team and they would have to be able to make money from it for it to continue.

Heard last night that Red Bull is looking at getting into drag racing. They spend a half-billion in F1 so what's a few million to have a nitro car...Hope it's true.
Unfortunately, this is the reason costs have gotten so far out of line. The average team can't compete so only millionaires and billionaires can. The owner and team who are passionate drag racers won't necessarily be able to compete. F1, Indy Car, and NASCAR are all taking steps to remedy this exact thing. NHRA is having trouble filling fields. This will make it harder unless rules are put in place.

A multi billion dollar company is possibly looking at getting into drag racing and we already have negative posts on a public drag racing forum about the potential new sponsor's product. Way to go guys!

Then, a year from now, it will be..... "I wonder why Red Bull decided to move past the NHRA?"
it's just an opinion! this forum is provided to voice opinions. whether positive or negative these opinions are not gonna impact anything. they never have and never will !! just sayin!

Could it be they’re looking to buy the series as opposed to owning a team? Just a thought that crossed my mind. They may be able to market it and take drag racing to the next level.

it's just an opinion! this forum is provided to voice opinions. whether positive or negative these opinions are not gonna impact anything. they never have and never will !! just sayin!
Correct... and my original comment is MY opinion. The guy at Red Bull who decides where to spend money on motorsports probably has his own opinions, too. Just sayin!

Last edited:
I knew it wouldn't take long.
Ok, we’ll all pretend to like the stuff. Hope it’s true and it’s gotta have a much wider audience/market than Mello Yellow. That was nasty And I never knew anybody who bought it. Lots of Red Bull fans.

F1 Budget = No Budget. After doing some searching two years ago some,if not most of the teams spent well over $300 million a season. !!
Three hundred plus employees for the larger teams.Technology centers where hundreds are employed full time that do not even go to the track.Media Centers.Full time Pit Crew training/practice. You ever watch those guys change tires and fuel up one of the cars during a pit stop?
F1 is cool to watch on TV,especially the pit action.And the pretty girls,whom all are carefully screened for 'that look'.No trans gender or gender fluid people (yet).
Could you imagine if they had their way with Drag Racing ?,dozens of techs staring at monitors as the cars go down the track,tire wamers/coolers,the engine rebuilds between rounds,carbon fiber everything.
Not so sure,other than an associate sponsorship on a car most teams could or would want to compete with that.
European racing is not American racing.

I confess that I have watched little F1 racing, but like it as it's compelling. And I want to point something out that I notice to Eric, the reason the pitstops are so quick is that they are not refueling the cars; they run the whole race on one tank.

THIS IS MY OPINION:

If Red Bull is to get into drag racing and run their own show, why wouldn't they start up a sactioning body and series in Europe where their roots are? Aside from the F1 and MotoGP racing, I think most of the sponsorship goes towards stunts or exstreme events urban downhill bike time trials.

It's been slow at work for the last few days so I hve time to look things up.

F1 Budget = No Budget. After doing some searching two years ago some,if not most of the teams spent well over $300 million a season. !!
Three hundred plus employees for the larger teams.Technology centers where hundreds are employed full time that do not even go to the track.Media Centers.Full time Pit Crew training/practice. You ever watch those guys change tires and fuel up one of the cars during a pit stop?
F1 is cool to watch on TV,especially the pit action.And the pretty girls,whom all are carefully screened for 'that look'.No trans gender or gender fluid people (yet).
Could you imagine if they had their way with Drag Racing ?,dozens of techs staring at monitors as the cars go down the track,tire wamers/coolers,the engine rebuilds between rounds,carbon fiber everything.
Not so sure,other than an associate sponsorship on a car most teams could or would want to compete with that.
European racing is not American racing.

Imagine the pressure on the driver. Three hundred plus long faces if you stuck it into the barrier on turn one or red lit first round.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back