Crazy Rumor - I Hope It's True (1 Viewer)

Heard last night that Red Bull is looking at getting into drag racing. They spend a half-billion in F1 so what's a few million to have a nitro car...Hope it's true.
It certainly would look great on a fuel car. This was a rendering done by BlackbeardLTD for Alex Laughlin last year. It would be really awesome if this deal went to a current lower funded team.

Attachments

• B90D1335-F32D-4587-8240-012D2F27AF06.jpeg
    B90D1335-F32D-4587-8240-012D2F27AF06.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 107
I know they’ve looked at Drag Racing in the past, maybe now they feel the time is right. Hope so!

I know they’ve looked at Drag Racing in the past, maybe now they feel the time is right. Hope so!

One thing that makes the timing better now is that Red Bull may not have been able to be in NHRA when the title sponsor was PowerAde or Monster.

I did a quick Goolge search on Red Bull drag racing and this video came up as being posted 5 days ago:

Red Bull tends to want to run their own race teams and not sponsor an existing team.

That was the issue when they tried to jump into NASCAR at its peak. They are not a 'cut a check and wait for the ROI' type of company when it comes to their motorsports endeavors. Sometimes it works for them (F1) and sometimes it doesn't (NASCAR). But energy drinks are SURGING around the world. I read not that long ago that Red Bull sold almost 10 BILLION cans of product in 170+ countries last year and has a brand value of like $15 billion. That's insane to me.

Last edited:
Has anybody here ever drank that stuff? I took a sip once and couldn't spit out fast enough.
But I would welcome a big name sponsor like them whether I like their product or not. If Red Bull should come on board as a major sponsor, I might try to drink another one. 😱

Has anybody here ever drank that stuff? I took a sip once and couldn't spit out fast enough.
But I would welcome a big name sponsor like them whether I like their product or not. If Red Bull should come on board as a major sponsor, I might try to drink another one. 😱

I'll tell ya, you can't dielute it enough to make it drinkable. Sure "it gives you wings," but the crash after the fact is what'll kill you.

Better to take a spoonful of sugar and put it in your mouth.

A multi billion dollar company is possibly looking at getting into drag racing and we already have negative posts on a public drag racing forum about the potential new sponsor's product. Way to go guys!

Then, a year from now, it will be..... "I wonder why Red Bull decided to move past the NHRA?"

A multi billion dollar company is possibly looking at getting into drag racing and we already have negative posts on a public drag racing forum about the potential new sponsor's product. Way to go guys!

Then, a year from now, it will be..... "I wonder why Red Bull decided to move past the NHRA?"

Bully for them IF true, I hope it all works out and everyone can be happy.

Me as a Type 2 Diabetic will never touch the stuff nor any other "Energy Drink." Here's my reasoning:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back