College Football....it's almost that time.... (2 Viewers)

Put Gerhart in a real conference and see what his stats are. Ingram did it against the second best defense in the country (the BEST wears the same colors he does). And as for McCoy, he showed Saturday night how he does against a good defense. Both times this year he played a good defense, he struggled. Think for a second he would pile us stats like he did in the Big 12 if he played in the SEC? I doubt it. Hey, dont get me wrong, both of those guys are great players, but they dont play in the SEC week in and week out. I will agree the BCS sucks worse than the clowndown.

and what did Ingram do the week before against Auburn????

Right on PJ!

TCU played Boise State LAST year in the Poinsetta Bowl! This is CRAP! The NCAA sucks ASS!

Uh, PJ. 33 Bowl games. 7 Big 11 teams. Where are the WolverQueens? :D

um well after so many years of making them, ya know we had the longest streak. It was decided to allow other teams an opportunity to play in them also. So we have taken two years off.....yeah thats it

I love how people feel the sec is so far superior to everyone else. Yet we never know as their non conference games are rather week. Are they better a the top sure, but I don't think its the top to bottom slam dunk that many like to believe. Hell the supposed weak big ten has playedthem about .500 in the bowls over the last 10 years

I love how people feel the sec is so far superior to everyone else. Yet we never know as their non conference games are rather week. Are they better a the top sure, but I don't think its the top to bottom slam dunk that many like to believe. Hell the supposed weak big ten has playedthem about .500 in the bowls over the last 10 years

The SEC has won the last THREE BCS National Championship Games, and has a team in this year. If that is not superior, then what is? As for non conference games, when you play Alabama, Florida, LSU, Ole Miss, and Auburn every year, why would you schedule a tought non conference schedule? You have it hard enough in your own division of the SEC. Only weak duck this year was Vandy--even Miss State proved they could play with the best. Ten teams in bowls and State just missed making it 11.

The SEC is really good. There is no doubt about that. The PAC 10 is my favorite conference to watch when I'm not in Charlottesville watching the Hoo's. There's something cool abouit watching a PAC 10 game kickoff at 10:30 EST! It's very entertaining.

Re: Attention Mr. Larson....

Hey Nebraski... it's not that I'm a traitor or anything, but...

BET THE RENT ON YOUR HOME TEAM ON THE 30th....
(I am)

Signed,

Someone that Knows
:D
Chokesville, Arizona

Hey Martin! I'll be thinking of your post while watching the game! But I have learned this year that the Huskers are never a lock against anyone until we can generate something resembling offense. Great defense, yes, but offense? Now we are headed back to the Osborne 3 yards and a cloud of dust thing....
Anyway, should be an interesting game. How bout a little wager?? Loser sends 5 bucks to DRAW? Let me know

Hey Martin! I'll be thinking of your post while watching the game! But I have learned this year that the Huskers are never a lock against anyone until we can generate something resembling offense. Great defense, yes, but offense? Now we are headed back to the Osborne 3 yards and a cloud of dust thing....
Anyway, should be an interesting game. How bout a little wager?? Loser sends 5 bucks to DRAW? Let me know

I'm in- $5 under your name if the Huskers come through :)

Pfffft! 5 bucks? Ya bunch o' wimps.

:D
Shoulda mentioned to Martin about our previous DRAW bet, huh Tom? But it's been a really tough year financially for me, so unfortunately, 5 bucks is all I can risk at this time! But you ARE right...5 bucks is kinda wimpy. Who looks good to you in the Arizona/Husker contest?

Shoulda mentioned to Martin about our previous DRAW bet, huh Tom? But it's been a really tough year financially for me, so unfortunately, 5 bucks is all I can risk at this time! But you ARE right...5 bucks is kinda wimpy. Who looks good to you in the Arizona/Husker contest?

It's the thought that counts Nebraski... :)

lol... it is indeed the thought that counts.

Tough game to pick... gotta give the defensive edge to Nebraska, offensive edge to Zona. I like both coaches and think that they're teams will be ready to play. I'm gonna go with the Huskers by an extremely slim margin based on their amazing defensive performance against saxeT.

lol... it is indeed the thought that counts.

Tough game to pick... gotta give the defensive edge to Nebraska, offensive edge to Zona. I like both coaches and think that they're teams will be ready to play. I'm gonna go with the Huskers by an extremely slim margin based on their amazing defensive performance against saxeT.
Thanks for the pick, Tom. Hope you're right! I think it should be a pretty good game to watch.

But I thought the Texas A&M/Georgia game would be a good one too....

Problem with Arizona is that they have already accomplished what they set out to do this season- get into a bowl game. Coaching is great, but the team has too hard a time holding it together to play consistantly. Their close losses this year have been because the players lose just enough focus to let it slip through their hands. I can't see this game being any different- they are already happy to be where they are... I don't know if the carrot can get any bigger for them. Should be an interesting game- if both teams come to play, it could be the best of the bowls.

Problem with Arizona is that they have already accomplished what they set out to do this season- get into a bowl game. Coaching is great, but the team has too hard a time holding it together to play consistantly. Their close losses this year have been because the players lose just enough focus to let it slip through their hands. I can't see this game being any different- they are already happy to be where they are... I don't know if the carrot can get any bigger for them. Should be an interesting game- if both teams come to play, it could be the best of the bowls.

Countdown to Holiday Bowl......27 hr 3 min:D

Congrats, Nebraska... Nice to see a team that actually came to play...

I'll be very happy to send out this check- hope you don't mind if I tack a bit more on though... :)

Congrats, Nebraska... Nice to see a team that actually came to play...

I'll be very happy to send out this check- hope you don't mind if I tack a bit more on though... :)

Thanks, Martin!!! You're a class act. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the offense played last night. Az just seemed to have an off night, just like we did against Texas Tech. Congrats to Arizona and the great season they had. The only downer was Niles Paul's antics in the end zone and the impression they left on many people. Niles is a classy young man, and the end zone performance was way out of character. Nevertheless, it made him (and us) look really bad. Rumor in the Cornhusker state has it that it was dealt with sternly by the Pelini Bros. (shoot, hope they didn't lock him in a closet or anything.....:D)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back