College Football....it's almost that time.... (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

Hi everyone! Heck, the huskers beat K State Saturday. Hope we don't choke on Friday against Colorado and we will have a pretty good season for a team with no apparent offense...:D And then we get to play Texas...Tim, you out there?

Tough year for us... started out bad and just got worse. I can't ever remember any team having to struggle through so many injuries, this has just been ridiculous. On the semi-bright side our D has been pretty spectacular until this clunker they threw against Texas Tech. Puzzling.

Sure would be interesting to listen to the Louisiana media today. I bet Les Miles is really getting bar-b-qued today!!!! Kind of ironic because Houston Nutt was the worlds worst clock manager when he was our coach.

Yay!!! Ohio State over Michigan!!!!!
Rose Bowl here we come!!!!

Do you realize there are 6 year old kids that have never seen Michigan beat Ohio State? 1st Graders that have never seen Michigan beat OSU!

I'm thinking they might be teenagers before they see it happen!

Nobody in the history of the rivalry has ever won 6 in a row, until now?

Tressel is GOD!

If this things pans out with a Texas loss and a SEC rematch in the Champ game I will throw a rod!! They say it's a possibility if Alabama loses.

just thought I'd stop by and say....

ROLL TIDE

thank you

d'kid

And on that note, 'k:

BEAR DOWN, ARIZONA!!!

Even I was impressed!!

Surprised, but impressed :D
Two awesome games! I'm really happy for Mike Stoops, he's done an amazing job in turning the AZ program around. Heck, he's only about 2 plays away from the Rose Bowl... maybe next year. I was kind of hoping for the upset trifecta yesterday just so the BCS would be turned on its ear but those lucky Longhorns eeked out a win. It would've been too cool to see TCU get a shot at the big game. Even with as much respect as I have for Bama I would have gladly become a temporary Horned Frog.

Only way yesterday would have been better would have been if Texas had of lost that last second (and how STUPID would that have been). At least now they can get thrashed by the Crimson Tide. If #22 doesnt walk off with the Heisman, there is not justice. SEC RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all the Heismann needs to go to either Mccoy (partly on season partly on career) or to Gerhart

Complete sham to goes to Ingram, he had a great game yesterday but Gerhart has 200 more yards rushing and 11 more td's than him while also playing in a big conference.

TCU vs Boise is the all out punk move by the ncaa. People want to see these teams match up against the "big boys" that are too afraid to schedule these schools during the regular season. Playing them against each other allows them to prove nothing, which I suppose is what the want.

Where's a college playoff? This BCS crap is actually worse then the countdown.....ah crap I shouldn't have said that don't want to give glendora any other ideas to copy:p:D

Everyone is bashing Texas (media) for nearly losing, but Alabama and Florida both nearly lost a few times each this year...TO UNRANKED OPPONENTS. Nebraska was ranked 22 and has one of the best defenses that only gives up 10 points a game. As a Texas fan, I was deeply disappointed with yesterdays game, and even more so with the clock management in the final seconds, but I still think they deserve the shot over TCU and Boise St.

I honestly would like to see TCU join the Big 12 and have Baylor moved to another conference.

Texas deserves a shot Tim. No doubt about it.

But, neither Cincy or TCU are playing in the championship for one reason, and one reason only.

No way will the NCAA let a non-power conference team beat a power conference team. Too much embarrassment.

Attention Mr. Larson....

Hey Nebraski... it's not that I'm a traitor or anything, but...

BET THE RENT ON YOUR HOME TEAM ON THE 30th....
(I am)

Signed,

Someone that Knows
:D
Chokesville, Arizona

First of all the Heismann needs to go to either Mccoy (partly on season partly on career) or to Gerhart

Complete sham to goes to Ingram, he had a great game yesterday but Gerhart has 200 more yards rushing and 11 more td's than him while also playing in a big conference.

TCU vs Boise is the all out punk move by the ncaa. People want to see these teams match up against the "big boys" that are too afraid to schedule these schools during the regular season. Playing them against each other allows them to prove nothing, which I suppose is what the want.

Where's a college playoff? This BCS crap is actually worse then the countdown.....ah crap I shouldn't have said that don't want to give glendora any other ideas to copy:p:D

Put Gerhart in a real conference and see what his stats are. Ingram did it against the second best defense in the country (the BEST wears the same colors he does). And as for McCoy, he showed Saturday night how he does against a good defense. Both times this year he played a good defense, he struggled. Think for a second he would pile us stats like he did in the Big 12 if he played in the SEC? I doubt it. Hey, dont get me wrong, both of those guys are great players, but they dont play in the SEC week in and week out. I will agree the BCS sucks worse than the clowndown.

Last edited:
Everyone is bashing Texas (media) for nearly losing, but Alabama and Florida both nearly lost a few times each this year...TO UNRANKED OPPONENTS. Nebraska was ranked 22 and has one of the best defenses that only gives up 10 points a game. As a Texas fan, I was deeply disappointed with yesterdays game, and even more so with the clock management in the final seconds, but I still think they deserve the shot over TCU and Boise St.

I honestly would like to see TCU join the Big 12 and have Baylor moved to another conference.

TCU in the Big 12 would work. They are the real deal.

Texas hasnt impressed me all year. I dont know what Colt was thinking on that last play. Insane. They should have just either hurried up and made a play or called a timeout and kick the field goal. It almost cost them. Just dumb. With that said, I think Colt is good. I mean he is the winningest qb in the history of college football but I dont think he's the Heisman.

I think Ingram from Bama will win it, but honestly I think Suh from Nebraska should. He's the most dominate player in college football.

Put Gerhart in a real conference and see what his stats are. Ingram did it against the second best defense in the country (the BEST wears the same colors he does). And as for McCoy, he showed Saturday night how he does against a good defense. Both times this year he played a good defense, he struggled. Think for a second he would pile us stats like he did in the Big 12 if he played in the SEC? I doubt it. Hey, dont get me wrong, both of those guys are great players, but they dont play in the SEC week in and week out. I will agree the BCS sucks worse than the clowndown.

Mike, the PAC 10 is 9-2 in Bowl Games the last 2 years!! It is a real conference!!!!!! And I agree that the SEC is tough tough defensive league.

Where's a college playoff? This BCS crap is actually worse then the countdown.....

Right on PJ!

TCU played Boise State LAST year in the Poinsetta Bowl! This is CRAP! The NCAA sucks ASS!

Uh, PJ. 33 Bowl games. 7 Big 11 teams. Where are the WolverQueens? :D

Mike, the PAC 10 is 9-2 in Bowl Games the last 2 years!! It is a real conference!!!!!! And I agree that the SEC is tough tough defensive league.

You have to admit the Pac 10 is a little off this year. Probably a poor choice of words on my part, but no match for the SEC--this year or most others. Top to bottom and week in and week out, the SEC is a tough deal.

You have to admit the Pac 10 is a little off this year. Probably a poor choice of words on my part, but no match for the SEC--this year or most others. Top to bottom and week in and week out, the SEC is a tough deal.

I've been saying that all season, Mike. Not exactly the thing to say in Wildcat Country.

Kinda cuts down on folks buying me shots at the bar...:p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back