College Football rivalries (1 Viewer)

well haven't picked any since about noon on the 1st correct... Sorry Tim, I too went with 'tin soldiers and Nixon coming'...

well, bed time

nite all
d'kid

Kent State was playing Texas ... coulda sworn it was Ohio State?

Jus funnin with ya Karl, "shoulda been done long ago".

I was pullin' for em Teri (with apologies to Suzie Q, Tim, and Kelly) and it was a great game....just came up a little short...great season though. I really enjoyed watching Tressel swap QBs etc. Great offensive plan. So, we all gonna rally behind Tom B's Sooners against the Gators? It ain't easy, but I'm gonna! Best of luck Tom and go Sooners!
No. No , No, No!!!! Everybody must pick Florida!!!!

I know who I'm rooting for tonight! Oklahoma roots aside.....I can't stand Florida! If it's actually cool enough....I might even wear my OU Hoodie! :D

Tebow sure gave Stoops' boys heartburn but the Florida defense was the real difference in my opinion. Third down conversions sealed the deal for the Gators. If they hadn't been beaten by Ole Miss, I'd say they were #1 but I still say UTAH wins that title. I know, no body else in the broadcast world agrees but the facts are the facts. They played the schedule they were given, beat 5 BCS bowl bound teams and man-handled Alabama (who sat atop the polls as #1 for five weeks) in every facet of the game. What more could they do?

I met a Texas fan leaving from the fiesta bowl and asked him if the Longhorns were good or lucky. He openly agreed they were very lucky to score and go ahead in the final seconds as they did. I then asked him who should be #1 and he said only Oklahoma if they win but not Florida. I asked about Utah and he scowled at me and said "We don't count them!" I rest my case as I know he's not alone.

Tebow sure gave Stoops' boys heartburn but the Florida defense was the real difference in my opinion. Third down conversions sealed the deal for the Gators. If they hadn't been beaten by Ole Miss, I'd say they were #1 but I still say UTAH wins that title. I know, no body else in the broadcast world agrees but the facts are the facts. They played the schedule they were given, beat 5 BCS bowl bound teams and man-handled Alabama (who sat atop the polls as #1 for five weeks) in every facet of the game. What more could they do?

I met a Texas fan leaving from the fiesta bowl and asked him if the Longhorns were good or lucky. He openly agreed they were very lucky to score and go ahead in the final seconds as they did. I then asked him who should be #1 and he said only Oklahoma if they win but not Florida. I asked about Utah and he scowled at me and said "We don't count them!" I rest my case as I know he's not alone.

Ummm... Doc, you're Ute-colored glasses are failing you. Utah didn't play any BCS bowl teams other than Bama, which was a great win indeed.

They did play 5 bowl teams though. Took on sec, big ten and pac ten teams Utah should be #1

USC and Florida flip a coin for #2

Texas 4
OK 5

after seeing the big 12 bowl games maybe the conference wasn't as good as we thought, so texas doesn't get into the tie battle for #2.

I flipped on the catch the score but until they go to a playoff I refuse to watch any bcs bowl game

Doc, do you really believe that if Utah played USC, Texas, Florida, and Oklahoma that they'd beat them? I dont think so. Matter of fact, I dont think they'd beat any of the 4. I understand the 13-0 and thats great but they arent a better team than the top 4. So next year if Louisanna Tech goes 13-0 should they be the national champ? I think not.

Well, here's the two cents worth from the cornfield. I thought it was a great game and as for last night's game at least, the best team won. Only one comment, though. I think Tim Tebow is a great player and a tremendous young man, and this is no fault of his at all, but I really did get very tired of the canonizing of Tebow by the constant fawnings of the announcers--he deserves many accolades, but there were a couple of other players on the field...
Anyway, congrats to the Gators--they earned it because to shut down and defeat the Sooners is a real feat because the Sooners are a very, very good football team (and that's comin' from a Husker!)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back