College Football....it's almost that time.... (1 Viewer)

Boo

Nitro Member
Well it's almost that time, I was takiing a look at the pre-season AP polls and wondered if you think your team is too high(yeah right) too low(more likely) or maybe.....just maybe.....in the right spot........ As for my LSU tigers......I think for the preseason poll we are just about right, # 11. Last year was a disaster, "The Hat" seems to be on a mission this year, and hopefully we have settled on a quarterback and stick with the guy.... I think my Tigers will have a big chip on their shoulders...it should be a fun year......

GEAUX TIGERS !!!

tigerstadium.jpg

Well Gary, my horns are #2. Personally, I think thats about right but I highly doubt they finish there. My prediction is they will finish top 10 but I dont think they will play for the national championship this year. We shall see.

I'll be in Charlottesville, VA in one week! Hell YES! We've lost a lot and our team is predicted 5th or 6th in the Coastal.

I don't see it.

Solid D line, Solid O line, and a 2 good QB's, plus a shutdown secondary.

Tied for 3rd in the Coastal at worst.

Go Hoo's!!!

Justin, I pull for Texas a lot and congratulate Mack Brown for having the gumption to get the hell out of Chapel Hill!

Raise your hand if your team has won 3 straight bowl games.

I never thought I would be able to brag on University of Kentucky's football team.

GO BIG BLUE.

Big12 appears to be OU's and Texas' conference to lose (again). It's difficult to imagine that one of the North teams will have much of a chance in the title game. Okie State may have something to say this year since they get the Horns at home in Stillwater... doubtful but at least the possibility exists.

I believe USuC is WAY overrated and if it weren't for an unusually weak Pac10 they'd have no shot at a BCS game this year.

Big Televen... bah, not much to get excited about this year as far as I can tell.

As much as I hate to say it I think that Florida is by far the team to beat this year. If the future odds weren't so bad on them to win it all I'd have made a play on them.

Well after last year we finally learned what its like to be like every other college program. ...its just missed us for 40 years and thats a losing season. Michigan turns the corner and climbs out this year. Still wont end the season where we want them to be but they'll be ranked.

of course if they end the season with only 3 wins, as long and they come against Notre Dumb, Michigan State and the Schmukeyes that I'm ok with that :)

Two things to remember:
1 It's always better to be humbled at the beginning of the season than the end.
2 Despite the wins and losses, it's all about pleasing the BCS.

Oh that one hurt big time. Tom? Hell of a game.
Yep, tough way to start for sure. We still had plenty of chances to win and just couldn't get it done. WAY too many penalties and miscues on our part, still pretty proud of our D to hold the Cougs to 14. Looks like Sammy's gonna miss 2 weeks minimum.

Yep, tough way to start for sure. We still had plenty of chances to win and just couldn't get it done. WAY too many penalties and miscues on our part, still pretty proud of our D to hold the Cougs to 14. Looks like Sammy's gonna miss 2 weeks minimum.

Tom, watched the game and hated to see the loss, both the game and Sam Bradford. Tough way to start the season, but as you said, there certainly were some bright spots. I do believe the Sooners will rally from this and once again rise to the top where they belong.

And, the Huskers managed to get ranked in the pre-season top 25 this year. I don't know how good an opponent Florida Atlantic is, but the husker defense was pretty impressive, and the offense scored some points. A hell of a lot better than two years ago!

Where's Teri with an I? That Ohio State game was a real nail biter!

Go Huskers!

Well my Tigers won, not by much but they won......Hopefully they the game against Vandy this weekend will be better.

Anyone catch the Miami-Fla State game last night? It was a dandy. Especially for someone like me who would rather see offense then defense!

Tough loss Tom ..

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on the two weeks. Unfortunately, it is going to be a lot longer than that.

I hate it for Sam. He is a great, quality kid, and it really sucks to see him have to go through this.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back