Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (1 Viewer)

Hawaii is the biggest loser here since they still have a perfect record. I know, you will all talk about their schedule but the Boise State game and it's resultant outcome still rings loud and clear in my eyes and ears. If they win their bowl game we'll, once again, have to say "I wonder how good this team really is?" As I remember Boise State wasn't playing a nobody in their bowl game when they won that one?
We'll never know, but all this bantering about these teams with 2 or more losses leaves doubt to anyone who has ever gone undefeated in their lives.

Hawaii is the biggest loser here since they still have a perfect record. I know, you will all talk about their schedule but the Boise State game and it's resultant outcome still rings loud and clear in my eyes and ears. If they win their bowl game we'll, once again, have to say "I wonder how good this team really is?" As I remember Boise State wasn't playing a nobody in their bowl game when they won that one?
We'll never know, but all this bantering about these teams with 2 or more losses leaves doubt to anyone who has ever gone undefeated in their lives.

I agree. If they beat Georgia, there will have to be serious consideration for a split National Championship. Can they still do that?

With the caziness of this season I was curious where teams are now vs where they started
so below is the current bcs standings and in () where they started the season in the ap preseason vote

1. Ohio State 11-1 (11)
2. LSU 11-2 (2)
3. Virginia Tech 11-2 (9)
4. Oklahoma 11-2 (8)
5. Georgia 10-2 (13)
6. Missouri 11-2 (NR)
7. USC 10-2 (1)
8. Kansas 11-1 (NR)
9. West Virginia 10-2 (3)
10. Hawaii 12-0 (23)
11. Arizona State 10-2 (nr)
12. Florida 9-3 (6)
13. Illinois 9-3 (nr)
14. Boston College 10-3 (nr)
15. Clemson 9-3 (nr)
16. Tennessee 9-4 (15)
17. BYU 10-2 (nr)
18. Wisconsin 9-3 (7)
19. Texas 9-3 (4)
20. Virginia 9-3 (nr)
21. South Florida 9-3 (nr)
22. Cincinnati 9-3 (nr)
23. Auburn 8-4 (18)
24. Boise State 10-2 (24)
25. UConn 9-3 (nr)

Not ranked that Started the season ranked Michigan 5, Louisville 10, California 12,UCLA 14, Rutgers 15, Penn State 17, Florida state 19, Nebraska 20, Arkansas 21, tcu 22, texas a&m 25,

I agree. If they beat Georgia, there will have to be serious consideration for a split National Championship. Can they still do that?

Yes they can, The AP didn't like the bcs and pulled out if it (the harris and usa today poll are the 2 voter portions of the bsc)

So technically the bcs could result in 2 different champs again however I don't see Hawaii jumping form 10 to 1 unless they completely blow apart Georgia and the championship game is ugly close. Oklahoma or Va tech could jump if they were to manhandle West Virgina and Kansas. Although tech would need lsu to lose to have a chance since they were smacked around by them early this season.

Hawaii beating Georgia will in no way create consideration for a split, but yes it can be done as the AP is independent of the BCS.

Well, if Hawaii beats Georgia and they don't split it, someone will have a tainted Championship.

how many times will it take for a mid-major to win a BCS bowl game before they stop being dismissed....Utah in '03, Boise St in '06.....now potentially Hawaii.....but i think this is the best thing that could happen, short of them being in the Championship...Georgia is playing the best ball in the country right now IMO, so if Hawaii put them dogs down....things will be interesting

Maybe to you & Bobby, but not on the national scale... Hawaii is 10th in the AP, regardless of what they do, there will be no split.

They won't be ranked 10th if they beat Georgia. They will further taint this already tainted system.

The winner of the BCS Championship game better hope Georgia wins, or there will be a big ole * next that supposed Champions name!

They won't be ranked 10th if they beat Georgia. They will further taint this already tainted system.

The winner of the BCS Championship game better hope Georgia wins, or there will be a big ole * next that supposed Champions name!

There will be no * on the champion this year. No matter how flawed the BCS systems is #1 is playing #2. The no#1 and 2 teams are rated that way in all the different ranking senarios. But agreed until we have a true playoff system the BCS process will be suspect.

There will be no * on the champion this year. No matter how flawed the BCS systems is #1 is playing #2. The no#1 and 2 teams are rated that way in all the different ranking senarios. But agreed until we have a true playoff system the BCS process will be suspect.

If Va Tech and Choklahoma lose their Bowl games, Hawaii should vault over them and all the teams above them in the final standings, if they beat Georgia.

There will definitely be a * on this Championship if that scenario happens.

Georgia is ranked 5 and by all accounts, playing better than anyone in the Country right now. Hawaii beats them, they deserve a split. If Hawaii does that, and they don't get a split, it will tarnish this flawed system even more than it already is.

You won't be able to find a big enough * to put next to that Championship, with that big bright 12-0 record right underneath it.

Here's an interesting commentary on the BCS Bowls:

BCS breakdown: Best game won't be the biggest game
December 2, 2007

Matt Hayes

Yes, yes, we know. This team or that team got hosed by the BCS. What's new?

The reality of the situation is any two-team combination for the BCS national title game is going to be criticized. It's the nature of the season.

From the Backed-in Bowl to Hawaii doing the unthinkable, let's break down the BCS games:

Best game: Fiesta Bowl, Oklahoma vs. West Virginia. It's not even close. Easily the best matchup of the five bowls. Frankly, this game could be the national title game. Think about it: If Pat White is healthy, who really wants a piece of that West Virginia spread option offense? Then there's OU, which had the most impressive win of the season in the Big 12 championship game. I'd take either of these teams against anyone else on a neutral field.

Worst game: Rose Bowl, USC vs. Illinois. Poor Zooker. He finally makes his mark as a coach on the field, and his young, rising team merely has to play the most talented team in the country. The Illinois seniors have never been to a bowl game. The USC seniors have never played in anything other than a BCS bowl game. It's going to get ugly, folks.

Most exciting game: Sugar Bowl, Hawaii vs. Georgia. Two offenses hitting their stride, and two quarterbacks -- Hawaii's Colt Brennan and Georgia's Matt Stafford -- who are going to make a ton of money in the NFL when their respective time comes. Georgia feels like it was snubbed by the BCS; Hawaii is elated to just be there. Georgia should simply overwhelm the Warriors -- just like Oklahoma should've thumped Boise State in last year's Fiesta Bowl.

Bottom line: The Dawgs better figure out how to deal with those multiple option routes from those NFL receivers in the Warriors' run-and-shoot offense, or this will be a fourth-quarter game with both teams in the high 30s.

Most boring game: Orange Bowl, Virginia Tech vs. Kansas. At the very least, the place will be packed - which is what the Orange Bowl desperately wants/needs. I'm guessing less than 40 total points combined. Admit it: You want to know what Kansas will do against a non-Big 12 team in a big game.

Most overrated game: BCS national championship game, Ohio State vs. LSU. Look, I can't get excited about a team that lost to two average SEC teams -- one at home -- and a coach who says his team is undefeated in "regulation."

That's like me saying I should've been valedictorian in college, but apparently, they count calculus, physics, economics and sports journalism classes. Then there's Ohio State. What do we know about the Bucks? They lost one game in regulation.

Matt Hayes is a writer for Sporting News. E-mail him at [email protected].

SportingNews.com - Your expert source for BCS breakdown: Best game won't be the biggest game

Hey, Chi Town Mike, if you and the captain are out there, I was getting really depressed reading all this bowl speculation of which the huskers are not a part and I came upon a thought to brighten both my and your day. Here it is--I can GUARANTEE that the Huskers and the Golden Domers will NOT lose in post season play. Ain't that great!:(

If Va Tech and Choklahoma lose their Bowl games, Hawaii should vault over them and all the teams above them in the final standings, if they beat Georgia.

Georgia is ranked 5 and by all accounts, playing better than anyone in the Country right now. Hawaii beats them, they deserve a split. If Hawaii does that, and they don't get a split, it will tarnish this flawed system even more than it already is.

You won't be able to find a big enough * to put next to that Championship, with that big bright 12-0 record right underneath it.

LOL, Well Ohio is #1 and LSU is #2 in every poll including the AP. And like it or not those two teams are in the championship game and one of them has to win and bring home the champions trophy. Like I said I agree this BCS system needs a serious reworking but it is what it is. In fact I like Hawaii a lot and I was hoping they would come to the Sugar, I think we'll have a good couple of games being held here in the Superdome. Georgia better be ready for Hawaii but even if they would win they will not jump up to #1 in any poll, the best they could do is #2... One way or the other Ohio or LSU(hopefully) will be the national champ. I don't think when they look at that trophy in their case they will be worried about anybodies imagined "*".

This feels like a countdown debate!!!

Look, I hate the system, I think it sucks... But having said that, believe me there will be no * on anything...

The OSU-LSU winner will be #1 in both polls & even if Hawaii beats Georgia, they will not reach #2. Other BCS winners will maintain or move up. No way Hawaii jumps OU or USC if those teams win.

I'm not saying I agree with it all, but thats just the way it is...

i like what Jim Rome said (which is a change cuz i usually wanna strangle him) this isnt a match up of the two best teams, its a matchup of the least undeserving teams

P.S......where is Ter with an i been???

i like what Jim Rome said (which is a change cuz i usually wanna strangle him) this isnt a match up of the two best teams, its a matchup of the least undeserving teams

P.S......where is Ter with an i been???

I was wondering the very same thing. Teri with an I, check in! We miss ya!

and terry....i been sailing with Captain over rough waters these days.....what with the Irish finishing 3-9 (but on a 2 game winning streak ;)) and my dreams of a dream wedding with Ashley being crushed, and finals next week...ehhhhh :(....i have turned to the Captain and he has been there...i'll save some for you

and terry....i been sailing with Captain over rough waters these days.....what with the Irish finishing 3-9 (but on a 2 game winning streak ;)) and my dreams of a dream wedding with Ashley being crushed, and finals next week...ehhhhh :(....i have turned to the Captain and he has been there...i'll save some for you

I hoisted one in honor of you and your dashed wedding plans just last last night! Those of us with the big L tattooed on our heads must stick together--and a Captain will lead them..... Hey, good luck on your finals! By the way, what do you think of the Huskers' acquisition of Bo Pelini? I'm kinda excited about it..

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back