Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (1 Viewer)

I hoisted one in honor of you and your dashed wedding plans just last last night! Those of us with the big L tattooed on our heads must stick together--and a Captain will lead them..... Hey, good luck on your finals! By the way, what do you think of the Huskers' acquisition of Bo Pelini? I'm kinda excited about it..

i think it is the best hire you guys coulda made....the LSU defense has been one of the best in the country the last couple years with Bo runnin it, and it's your guys' defense that needs fixin.....hell your offense was puttin up 50 a game towards the end of the season

I'm thrilled with the decision--he did a great job when he was here before, and the idiot AD should have never let him go. All the "tom osborne is God" devotees were pulling for Turner Gill, but I'm glad that didn't happen--we certainly don't need an Osborne puppet in the head job, and Pelini will never be that I dont think, but Gill certainly would have--he'd eat the peanuts out of Osborne's ....oh never mind! There is talk that Pelini might offer the Offensive Coordinator job to Gill, though, and I would be fine with that. To you , me and the Captain, here's to better times in Huskerland and under the Golden dome! Salud!

Bo is a good hire... He's an excellent defensive mind, hated to see him go, but glad he got a head coaching opportunity.

I was wondering the very same thing. Teri with an I, check in! We miss ya!

Hi guys!!!! I miss all y'all too!!!!!:) Our last day of school is 12-14 & we go back 1-2, so I will get to spend some time on here again!!!!

I hate to admit this but I am surprised that the BUCKEYES are in the Championship game. I am thrilled but very surprised!!!!!:p

BUCKEYES #1

since we are at the part of the season where this thread hits a lull......let's resurrect it....Should Tebow have won the Heisman?

Without a doubt he should have, I can't stand the gators or anything gator related but 20+tds rushing and passing is pretty impressive and most worthy of the award

Yeah, it's kinda hard to vot against stats like that. But McFadden had a good year also and is a stud running back.

Let me drag this one up for a minute....what do yall think about the Michigan hire.....I think yall got a good coach. Rich coached down here at Tulane and did real well. Good move I think.

Let me drag this one up for a minute....what do yall think about the Michigan hire.....I think yall got a good coach. Rich coached down here at Tulane and did real well. Good move I think.

Hey Gary
Been a busy few weeks! I'll just briefly say I like the hire a lot! Obviously we have to wait and see. He will bring a whole new philosophy to Michigan. He will also change how they recruit. They will be more open to a wider variety of athletes. I love smash mouth football but I admit it's outdated when compared to todays speed based offenses. The Big Ten has fallen behind. I am very excited to see the direction he takes this team. Over time Michigan will be able to recruit better athletes than WV did. I see it becoming a form of the WV style offense on steroids! Again it's a "wait and see" but I am very excited about the direction Michigan will go.

Vaughn buddy where ya at....:D

Carr beats the type of team nobody thought he could beat in yet another near home game for the supposed beast league the SEC.

Also interesting note over the past 10 years when the sec was supposed to be this all dominant league. The big ten is up on them in head to head matches in bowl games. Extra nice in that its often home games for them.

Ok I'll admit I was surprised that they were able to get by Florida too. Although I did still pick Michigan in the bowl game contest. They tried to give it away though. 3 turnovers inside the 5, the score should have been alot worse but I am glad that they won. Carr and the seniors get the leave on a winning note.

West Virginina where was that against Pitt????? Good grief maybe Michigan hired the wrong guy, that coordinator sure put together a helluva game.

I like it. I liked Carr but also realize that his stubborness didn't lead to an open enough offense at times. As long as Rod keeps the program clean off the field and gets more wins on it then everyhting will be fine. After the Les Miles affair I'm glad we didn't get him, something about him seems like a used car salesman, plus he has the dirty stain of the sec upon him now.

next year may be a rough season. WIth the seniors graduating and severla jrs thinking about going pro, throw in the fact that guys that are already here may not be the best fit for his offense it may take a year of recruiting his guys to see how well he'll really do

Stoops may wisely refuse to ever play in Glendale Arizona again. How he took the size, speed, talent and experience he has and got dominated by a team with an interim head coach and no shortage of turmoil.

I could have sworn I saw Marty Schottenheimer somewhere on the sidelines of Oklahoma last evening? What's that now? 4 BCS bowl games in a row?
That had to be a huge disappointment to the OK fans.

Stoops may wisely refuse to ever play in Glendale Arizona again. How he took the size, speed, talent and experience he has and got dominated by a team with an interim head coach and no shortage of turmoil.

I could have sworn I saw Marty Schottenheimer somewhere on the sidelines of Oklahoma last evening? What's that now? 4 BCS bowl games in a row?
That had to be a huge disappointment to the OK fans.

i'm with ya Doc.....i can't believe how unprepared Oklahoma looked last night

i'm with ya Doc.....i can't believe how unprepared Oklahoma looked last night

Yep, that was nine kinds of ugly. It looked like the 2nd half was going to be a great contest until that boneheaded onside kick attempt. Why in the world Stoops would call that at that particular moment is way beyond me. OU came out on D, got consecutive 3 and outs, 2 consecutive scores, and had all the momentum. When the onside thing failed and the Eers scored, it was pretty well over.

Thankfully the new season is just a few short months away.

As if this year wasn't proof enough we need a Playoff system, these Bowl games are really proving it out.

The way USC, WV, Missouri, Kansas, Michigan, and Georgia played, a Playoff would be great right now.

I agree that this whole BCS system is a mess, I don't know if they will ever fix it. But it's what we have and this Monday my Tigers will be going against the Buckeye's for the glass football.......... GEAUX TIGERS!!!

071214003.jpg

How bout those Jayhawks last night? I thought they looked verrrry impressive against a good West Va team. What do you all think (if ya saw the game of course)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back