Frank Gugliotta to drive third IHRA Pro Stock entry for Elite Motorsports (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Richard Freeman and J.R. Carr at Elite Motorsports Bring Frank Gugliotta on Board to form Three-Car Pro Stock “Superteam” for ’09 IHRA Season

Norwalk, Ohio (December 14, 2008) – The two-car team of Richard Freeman and J.R. Carr has entered into a multi-year agreement with veteran Pro Stock shoe Frank Gugliotta to bring him on board as the third Pro Stock driver for Elite Motorsports. Freeman, Carr and Gugliotta will all campaign identical RJ Race Cars 2009 Pontiac GXP’s with power from Jon Kaase for the next three seasons.

The team has also entered into multi-year agreements with Chariot Motor Coaches and AgriPack, J.R. Carr’s company, who will serve as major sponsors on all three cars with associate sponsorships from Safety Kleen Products, Marc Heitz Chevrolet of Norman, Ok., Finish Line Fuels of Lindsay, Ok. And AgriPack.

“We’re very excited to bring a driver as talented and consistent as Frank Gugliotta to Elite Motorsports,” Freeman said. “He has been one of the top Pro Stock drivers in the world over the last five years so when J.R. and I saw he was available we didn’t waste any time in getting his name on a contract. The deal came together quickly, but it would never have been able to happen without the agreement we signed with Chariot Motor Coaches. Their financial backing gave us the flexibility to make this move.”

Gugliotta, a Mt. Airy, Maryland resident, finished third in the IHRA Pro Stock points standings last season. He has 10 career IHRA national event championships and has finished in the top seven in points standings each year since his IHRA debut in 2003. Freeman finished just outside the Top 10 in 2008. His strongest showing came at Maryland International Raceway where he was a semifinalist at the President’s Cup Nationals. He fell, ironically, to Gugliotta in Maryland with a trip to the finals on the line. Carr made his debut at the IHRA World Finals in Rockingham.

The team will bring back its entire brain trust to the pits as well. Robert Freeman, Royce Freeman, Pete Smallwood, Ricky Hamby, Royce Freeman Jr. and Gerald will turn the wrenches for all three drivers. Robert Freeman is Richard’s brother, Royce Freeman is his father and Royce Freeman Jr. is his older brother. It is a true family affair on the Freeman side.

“It doesn’t matter that they’re my brothers and my dad, they are among the best in the business at what they do,” Richard said. “I would want to hire this crew if I were not related to them because they work so hard and do a great job. They’re experienced, smart and intense…just like J.R. and I.”

Royce Freeman Jr. will also campaign a RJ Race Cars ’68 Firebird in the Top Sportsman ranks in 2009.

Freeman is thrilled to have this much racing talent on his side.

“J.R. is an incredible racer and I can’t wait to see what he can do with a full schedule,” he said. “Frank has been one of the greats in this class for a long time. I’m happy IHRA kept Pro Stock as a 16-car field. I’m glad they made that decision…things are headed in the right direction.”

About IHRA

Headquartered in Norwalk, Ohio, the International Hot Rod Association (IHRA), part of Feld Motor Sports, a division of Feld Entertainment, promotes professional, semi-professional and local-level racing opportunities for drivers at all levels. The $21.5 million IHRA Nitro Jam™ Drag Racing Series is a 10-event North American professional drag racing circuit. In 2009, the series will be comprised of eight events in major cities throughout the United States and two in Canada. IHRA will also host seven sportsman national events, the IHRA Champion System Sportsman Nationals presented by vpracingfuels.com, at six facilities in the United States. The Summit Racing Equipment Pro-Am Championship presented by Mr. Gasket consists of competition at national events and 40 events in six regional divisions, while IHRA’s Summit SuperSeries is conducted nearly every weekend at over 85 IHRA-sanctioned tracks. Providing a safe environment to develop future stars, IHRA offers the Junior Dragster Racing Series for youths ages 8-17. Stand-alone events include Feld Motor Sports’ action-packed “Thunder Jam” shows and the street legal racing and lifestyle event series Street Warriorz.

About Feld Entertainment, Inc.

Feld Entertainment is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live entertainment experiences that lift the human spirit and create indelible memories, with 30 million people in attendance at its shows each year. Feld Entertainment's productions have appeared in more than 59 countries on six continents and include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®, Feld Motor Sports, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!

Attachments

• gugliottahead.jpg
    gugliottahead.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 8,345
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back