Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (1 Viewer)

How bout those Jayhawks last night? I thought they looked verrrry impressive against a good West Va team. What do you all think (if ya saw the game of course)

Trutfully I was kinda surprised, I was pulling for West Va, but Kansas really stepped up for that game!

After watching them several times this year, I have to say that the Jayhawks sure seem to be well coached and well prepared for each opponent. I was surprised also, especially how dominant the Kansas defense was in the first half.

if you can call it that....
just finally went and slit my throat...
been nice knowing you guys....

dang, this is harder than picking a drag race...

Where's V-bookie PJ??????????

d'kid
(crying in my coffee, to early to drink Bourbon)

How bout those Jayhawks last night? I thought they looked verrrry impressive against a good West Va team. What do you all think (if ya saw the game of course)

That game had everything in it you could ever want in a college football game. Very exciting to watch and very competitive. Congrats to Mangino and the Jayhawks on a phenomenal season!

Vaughn buddy where ya at....:D

Carr beats the type of team nobody thought he could beat in yet another near home game for the supposed beast league the SEC.

Also interesting note over the past 10 years when the sec was supposed to be this all dominant league. The big ten is up on them in head to head matches in bowl games. Extra nice in that its often home games for them.

Ok I'll admit I was surprised that they were able to get by Florida too. Although I did still pick Michigan in the bowl game contest. They tried to give it away though. 3 turnovers inside the 5, the score should have been alot worse but I am glad that they won. Carr and the seniors get the leave on a winning note.

West Virginina where was that against Pitt????? Good grief maybe Michigan hired the wrong guy, that coordinator sure put together a helluva game.

Let me try to clear something up just a bit... I have no doubt that the SEC is the strongest, toughest conference to survive top to bottom. The quality of each team top to bottom & the physicality of the league is unquestionable. That makes for a strong conference.

That doesn't mean any SEC team can defeat any Big 10 team... Winning a ballgame is about matchups. Michigan played a great game & deserved to win. You didn't mention Tenn defeating Wisconsin. You didn't mention the SEC having 10 eligible teams, 9 in bowls, 6-2 thus far, the Big 10 3-4 so far...

Again, it doesn't mean et al, regardless of circumstance.

Lets address LSU vs Ohio State, and remember I am a diehard LSU fan... Please review the '07 schedules & tell me who had to survive a tougher schedule, both conference & non-conference... Hands down LSU..

However, anyone would be blind to say LSU is a much better team than OSU... I keep hearing the speed of the SEC, who is saying this??? Look at the body of work & number of players in the NFL from OSU the last few years... They are a top quality program with excellent talent & I expect a tight ballgame that could go either way.

Another instance, who could possibly watch USC play & then say that the SEC has faster, better athletes??? USC has the top talent in the country, hands down... BUt when a Pac-10 vs SEC debate comes up, someone will refer to USC vs Arkansas the last couple years... Again, thats not a representative matchup!!!

Its about week in - week out level of competition... Sorta like Hawaii... Undefeated in the WAC does no make you a quality Sugar Bowl opponent...

This is just too damn funny! One of my fellow Sooner fans came up with this.

hillarykillskittens.jpg

Getting ready to head out to the French Quarter to take in some of the pre game activites. Should get pretty crazy by game time. I plan on being back in my nice comfy home watching on the big screen.

In the big ten/sec matchups over the past 10 years The big ten has the lead. The espn story just went back till 02 and the big ten is up 9-7 there.

No doubt the sec is very good and top to bottom stronger than the big ten. but the misconception that they are all speed and the big ten is too slow is more urban legend and great propaganda than reality.

I would love to see sec teams have to come north for a bowl game. Big ten often plays road games in bowl games. Not making any excuses but I wonder how the sec and even pac 10 could handle a bowl game in Michigan stadium, the horseshoe, camp randall, spartan stadium, even Notre dame.

Illionois played usc at usc
Penn state played texas a&m in texas
Ohio state plays LSU in Lousiana
Michigan played Florida in Florida
Purdue played Central Michigan in Michigan

I hear ya loud & clear... I don't buy it, while the SEC plays a different style, the speed of the athletes is great in both conferences... Every analyst I've watched for the last week is saying " everyone talks about the speed of the SEC, but OSU is just as fast, etc".... They were the ones who were saying it, particularly after the Florida win last year!!!

I look for a very competitive game that could go either way, but a blowout in either direction wouldn't surprise me... I think the key is the true health of Dorsey... If he is not back to early season form, look out for Beanie...

Pictures from the French Quarter this afternoon!

Boubon Street 2pm 01/07/08

BCS1.jpg

Street Perfomer

BCS2.jpg

Balcony

BCS3.jpg

BEER!!!

BCS4.jpg

Man! If it's even half as much fun as Saturday night before a Saints home game......I'm soooooooo jealous!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back