Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

The University of Kentucky is ranked #8 in Football. I never thought I would see the day. As good as the football team is playing (I am trying not to get too excited, we really haven't beat anybody yet) I would trade it all for a victories over Louisville, North Carolina, Indiana, Florida and a deep tournament run in basketball this winter. I am sure many Kentucky fans feel the same way I do.

Don't blame me, the die was cast when Rupp ran Bear Bryant out of town 50 years ago.

Oddly enough, South Florida has a great shot of winning out if their recent performances are any indication.

this year's Boise St?....except the Big East is a little tougher than Boise's schedule....i mean South Florida is the best team in a big time BCS conference....definitely top 5 worthy in my opinion

Let me start by saying I'm a die-hard LSU fan, and I have no doubt that we have the TALENT on the field to run the table, whether or not they are prepared week in & week out remains to be seen...

Having said that, I put very little stock in the AP poll... Too many voters with personal agendas, bias, etc...

Sometimes you cant look at the final score, LSU struggled in the first half against Tulane & USC was playing a quality, well coached opponent... Not enough there for me to swap spots. And I agree about some of the movement, or lack there of. One example is Louisville's slow drop through the rankings...They lost to Kentucky and were still ranked higher in the polls...

I personally think they should not publish polls until Oct 1... Preseason polls are what causes these problems. Texas & Louisville were highly ranked and now appear to be average teams. The flip side is teams like South Florida & Kentucky that are playing excellent football. It takes too long to shuffle these examples up & down..

I put very little faith in these polls! LSU went up against a Tulane team that was ready to play. It was obvious in the first half that LSU did not take Tulane seriously. To their credit the woke up in the second half and did what needed to be done. I was swapping back and forth on the USC and the Florida game. I was hoping that USC would lose and they seemed to try! And truthfully I was hoping Florida would win! I think Florida will come into Death Valley with a big chip on their shoulder. LSU better be ready.... I think they will be up to the task but it will be a BIGGGG game!!!!

Congrats Gary and Kelly on your Tiger's AP number one ranking this morning! The Tigers look strong. I know there is alot of season ahead but hey right now they're number one! :D

GO BLUE!!

we have a new #1 team according to the AP ESPN - NCAA College Football Polls, College Football Rankings, NCAA Football Poll....so congrats to our resident LSU fans Kelly and Gary

but i swear i really don't understand these pollsters....i mean when Nebraska lost to #1 USC they fell from like 11 to 25 (correct me if i am wrong Terry), but here Oklahoma loses to an unranked Colorado team and only falls to 10 (no offense Tom)....and the same can be said about Oregon only falling 2 spots after there loss to Cal :confused:

Yep, that's right, Mike, and with no disrespect to Tom and the Sooners, I had to say WTF when I saw the drop to 10 after a loss to an unrated team....although as hard as it is for me to admit, OU belongs in the top ten even with one loss. Another neat feature--the Huskers beat Iowa State pretty handily and drop one spot behind Missou...so it goes. Tim, tough day in Austin--I watched it and suffered with you. The OU-Horns game should be interesting as will the Huskers-Mizzou contest (you out there John Caran? Time to chime in!) Ditto on the congrats to Kelly and Gary on LSU moving to #1--I watched USC and I'm still convinced they are not the best team in the country. Oh well, condolences, Tom--at least we are all making it interesting this year! And Teri--Nice Buckeye performance and poll movement this week---Buckeyes are looking good!

I put very little faith in these polls! LSU went up against a Tulane team that was ready to play. It was obvious in the first half that LSU did not take Tulane seriously. To their credit the woke up in the second half and did what needed to be done. I was swapping back and forth on the USC and the Florida game. I was hoping that USC would lose and they seemed to try! And truthfully I was hoping Florida would win! I think Florida will come into Death Valley with a big chip on their shoulder. LSU better be ready.... I think they will be up to the task but it will be a BIGGGG game!!!!

No doubt, Tebow has the talent to give the defense a test...

I have all the respect in the world for Matt Flynn & I know he waited his turn, but has struggled quite a bit, particularly the last couple games. He is also dinged up a bit, but..... Ryan Perriloux is a human highlight reel every time he takes a snap. I'm tired of seeing the #1 quarterback recruit in the country standing on the sidelines...

I hate that a guy with his talent will be on the roster for 5 years & we will only get 2 out of him... Assuming he stays through his senior year.

It was a sad state of affairs this weekend for UT & OU!!! And then there is the rankings! Jeeze!!! At least they will both be coming to the Cotton Bowl with their tails between their legs. Should make for and interesting game. They are both wounded, so maybe there won't be as much cockiness!

Fingers crossed!!! GO HORNS!!!:D

It was a sad state of affairs this weekend for UT & OU!!! And then there is the rankings! Jeeze!!! At least they will both be coming to the Cotton Bowl with their tails between their legs. Should make for and interesting game. They are both wounded, so maybe there won't be as much cockiness!

Fingers crossed!!! GO HORNS!!!:D

Oh Suzie, NEVER underestimate the cockiness of a Sooner!!!:p They could be 0-9 coming into a game and be the cockiest SOB's on the planet!! Bob Stoops fits in great with that team

Oh Suzie, NEVER underestimate the cockiness of a Sooner!!!:p They could be 0-9 coming into a game and be the cockiest SOB's on the planet!! Bob Stoops fits in great with that team

Oh yea, atleast b/c of the mater the OU/UT game might matter more to me now!!!! Let the conversing begin!!! Honestly though, OU is going to kill us.

It ain't braggin' if you can back it up and where Texas is concerned, Stoops owns Mack The Clapper.

It ain't braggin' if you can back it up and where Texas is concerned, Stoops owns Mack The Clapper.

The cockiness goes WAY beyond Mack Brown and Bob Stoops..OU has always been that way, so if it comes to "backing it up" Texas has a lifetime record of 57-39-5 over the Sooners...so I would say Texas has owned OU's a$$ over the Shootout:D

Justin, I just love your bluntness:D! How do you think the ol huskers will do against the Tigers of Mizzou?

Tough call Terry. For sure will be a high scoring affair. I will say 47-38, are you ready, Mizzou. Lucky will have a big day I bet. Honestly though, I will stick to my 47-38 and it really could be either team but for some reason I'm leaning toward Mizzou. I knew Kansas State was going to beat Texas this past weekend, I hated to see it, but it did make $200 from a crazy Texas fan that thinks VY is still there qb apparently. Good luck to the Corn Huskers this weekend, I hope they can pull it off.

The cockiness goes WAY beyond Mack Brown and Bob Stoops..OU has always been that way, so if it comes to "backing it up" Texas has a lifetime record of 57-39-5 over the Sooners...so I would say Texas has owned OU's a$$ over the Shootout:D
Yeah, but you specifically called out Stoops and now your changing the subject... typical ShortHorn. Care to compare Big XII Championships?

:D

To everyone playing the Pick-Em game, you are all lucky I had one bad round or you would all be toast by now. I have a pretty consistant streak going and went from last to tied for first in one week, better watch out.

GO BLUE!!!!! FUTURE 2007-2008 BIG 10 CHAMPS!!!!!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back