Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

will do.

Do you have season tickets? I don't usually know if I get any tickets until Friday but I'll be sure to let you know.

We had 4 of the most miserable penn st fans behind us. Actually 3 were miserable the daughter was just hot....and quiet. 2 college ages kids and their parent. Complained about everything the entire game. announcers, both tv and the one in houese, both teams, cheerleaders, flag people, other fans, they didn't like the you suck chant at every punt calling it classless yet then proceeded to be very unkind in ripping on whomever.

I was with my father in law and trying to behave, I was so tempted to turn around and have some fun with them. I don't see why people like that come to a game if everything bothers you that bad stay home. I did turn and laugh at them when the dad complained that penn never throws the ball, as the proceeded to run the ball for several plays in a row, then when they passed he complained about that. He looked at me confussed when I laughed and shook my head.

ok I feel better now

No I don't but a very good friend of mine is a Michigan Alumni and she has season tickets. I'm lucky enough to go to 2 or 3 games a year and sometimes more. I'm seriously considering asking her to up her tickets to 4 each year and I'll pay her for the second set.

It sucks when you get people around you like that. Unfortunately there are lots of fans like that. I've sat by quite a few. I do the same as you and just TRY to ignore it but you do reach a saturation point. Like you said you wonder why the heck they even come to a game. That said I have also sat by some great fans from other teams as well. It's a blast when you can go back and forth and it's in good fun.

oh yeah I love to good natured ribbing.

a few years ago a buddy and I went to the Iowa/Michigan game. We're walking in an happen to get surronded by a group of Hawkeye fans heading in also. Well I just start yappin then. The one guy looked at me kind of shocked so I aplogized saying I forgot he's from Iowa and that I needed to talk slower...so I repeated whatever dumb joke I had just said but a lot slower for him. My buddy damn near wets himself thinking a brawl is about to happen, meanwhile everybody else just laughs. Its all in good fun.

Teri, did you see any of the "highlights" from the Husker game? I watched Ohio State and they looked great. The Huskers, not so much. Offense is fine--defense is not worthy right now of the name Blackshirts. Hope we can get that fixed soon or John Caran's prediction of Missou winning the big 12 north may come true. Good to hear from you!

for way tie for the lead.....well i guess it's up to me to make ND a winner in some shape or form :eek:

Just back from three weekends away from home, two spent in Bakersfield racing, well vending. 2-2, could be worse, could be better, but after the start of the season, I'll take it.

I can just imagine how pissed the Ohio St. people will be to lose to a team that lost to a 1-AA school. HHHMMMMM, how far will that drop Ohio St. in the rankings?

Last edited:
In related news.....Appalachian St fell to Wofford (wherever the hell that is) this week...i follow DIaa somewhat closely since thats what division my school is in (#17 this week :D but we got #4 North Dakota St on saturday :eek:)...so by process of elimination....since app st beat mich and michigan stomped us by 38....imagine what wofford could do to ND :eek:

and to answer your question Terry...i didnt find the ND offense or the Nebraska D, but never fear....i will find them by saturday

Wow!! For those playing the Maters College Football pick'em is getting pretty tight!!:eek:

Morning everyone. I know Dave, I went in there yesterday to make my picks and everyone is very close right now. Good luck to everyone and there teams this weekend.

Morning everyone. I know Dave, I went in there yesterday to make my picks and everyone is very close right now. Good luck to everyone and there teams this weekend.

I made my picks last nights also. I found myself over analyzing :confused:every pick as a result of everybody being so close! :rolleyes:

Tim, if you're out there, how are things looking for my adopted Horns against K State? They have looked good at times, but looked to me last week like the Horns got themselves back on track. Is it gonna be close or will the Horns blow out K State? As far as our contest with Iowa State, about all I can tell you for sure is that, after watching our defense self destruct two weeks in a row is that Iowa State is gonna score a lot of points! Hope Keller's arm will be good enough to score a few more than them!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back