Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

I hope my Longhorns wake up b/c they are not playing like a top 10 ranked school. They have barely got by on 2 of there wins. This could get ugly. I dont even want to think about the OU game right now, thats for sure. Congrats to everyone else this weekend on there wins. If Neb had played the first half like they did the 2nd half they might have had a chance to hang with USC and for the Fighting Irish fans in the house, I dont know what to say. Charlie W has got some major issues to fix. On the NFL side though, my boys' and the Texans who actually resemble a real pro football team are both 2-0!

Dave, thanks for the kind words--you are right, USC was the better team, but I had hoped we could make a better accounting for ourselved. Congrats on the Michigan win, and good luck against Penn State.

One thing I'll never understand about polls, though, and all our teams go through this, so I hope I don't sound like I'm whining, but consider this--#1 plays #14--#1 beats #14 as one would think it should happen. Then #14 drops to #25 because of losing to #1.....hmm, sometimes I just don't get it, but maybe that just comes from living in the middle of a cornfield...

Just got up off the floor. They tell me I had fainted when I heard the final score. Michigan actually won. Both of these teams are way off from where they were a year ago.

Man, I really had high hopes for this team this year. I don't know if the problem is Carr or what, but I do think that Carr needs to look at the way other teams are playing and adapt. Michigan gets killed by the spread everytime. This year, I almost don't want to hear the scores on Saturday.

I bleed Maize and Blue, that's why this season hurts. :(

GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!

Mike.....Sorry, Notre Dame stunk!!!

thats putting in lightly Teri......i will be sending the entire offense Mapquest directions and a GPS so they can find the endzone :mad:

and Terr with a 'y'....i agree with you...you guys should still be a top 20 team....somehow falling more than 5 spots after losing to a team ranked more than 10 spots ahead of you just isnt logical to me....but hey we'll hold the illogical arguments for when the 1st BCS rankings come out :rolleyes:

And while you are at it, a couple of flashing laser lights to fasten on opposing running backs might help the Huskers to at least identify the guys running by them with the ball---although something to help the defense actually tackle one of those guys is something different all together---oh what the heck, Go Huskers!!!!

Well not much to say about last week. I was pulling for Nebraska to beat the evil empire, :D but it just didn't work out. I was glad to see Michigan(even though I like ND) win....gotta keep the wolves from "the Hat"(a.k.a. Les Miles). But we got a big conference game coming up this weekend against "the Visor". I had to turn down tickets to this game because my son is #1 in points in his JD at NPR(No Problem Raceway) and this is the last points race of our split season. Just have to watch it on the tube!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

070917003.jpg

I bet Charlie's on the Hotseat!:p

Well Its getting closer to the weekend hopefully this little storm out in the gulf won't make Saturday's game a mud bath! I wouldn't normally post this right before a game(don't want to let any secrets out). But I received a spy photo of the Tigers at practice for this weeks game. See link below.!!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

LSU Tiger Practice

PJ, Dave--Good morning! What's the prognosis for the Michigan Penn State contest? I will be an honorary Wolverine supporter this week if you guys will have me--I just am not a fan of Penn State at all!!! Good Luck to the healing wounded Wolverines

welcome aboard. Not sure about this weekend. I think Penn State is over ranked but we've seen Michigan started out highly over rated.
Penn State has a hard time playing in the Big House so hopefully that continues.

Not sure if last weeks game will be good or bad for the team. Will it make them over confident? Or did it help them break out of their funk? I do think they'll win but what do I know I thought we'd beat Ap st too:D

welcome aboard. Not sure about this weekend. I think Penn State is over ranked but we've seen Michigan started out highly over rated.
Penn State has a hard time playing in the Big House so hopefully that continues.

Not sure if last weeks game will be good or bad for the team. Will it make them over confident? Or did it help them break out of their funk? I do think they'll win but what do I know I thought we'd beat Ap st too:D
Alrighty then!!!! Go Wolverines!

I am cautiously confident this weekend. They looked much more aggressive against Notre Dame but that means nothing for this week. I'm hoping they've had their wake up call and maybe they'll make a run at the Big Ten title. This will be a great test for young Ryan Mallet. I'll be at the game again so hopefully I'll get to see their first winning streak of the season! :rolleyes:

if anybody needs me i'll be looking for the Notre Dame offense at the bottom of a bottle of Captain Morgan :eek: :mad:

if anybody needs me i'll be looking for the Notre Dame offense at the bottom of a bottle of Captain Morgan

Mike shouldn't that be Irish Whiskey? ;) I'm sure you're not in a joking mood so I'm not gonna take any shots. Hang in there Mike. The year's a write off but don't lose the faith. N.D. is too good of a program to be down very long. It could be worse you could have lost to a 1AA school! :eek: Oh wait ... :eek:

GO BLUE!!

Mike shouldn't that be Irish Whiskey? ;) I'm sure you're not in a joking mood so I'm not gonna take any shots. Hang in there Mike. The year's a write off but don't lose the faith. N.D. is too good of a program to be down very long. It could be worse you could have lost to a 1AA school! Oh wait ... :eek:

i'm a horrible Irishman Dave....i hate whiskey and don't care for Guinness :eek:....and i am always in a joking mood...life is way to short to be serious all the time ;)...so feel free to take a friendly shot, i really don't mind....actually i think i will have shot....AHHH...oh wait we're not talking about the same thing LOL

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back