Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

this one is for all you Michigan boys....

Too funny! However be careful there Mike I think you misunderstand your little friend's intentions ... From the look on the little guys face I think he has ulterior motives. The "boys in blue" don't swing that way! :eek: He'll have to find some man lovin somewhere else! :p :D

GO BLUE!!!

Too funny! However be careful there Mike I think you misunderstand your little friend's intentions ... From the look on the little guys face I think he has ulterior motives. The "boys in blue" don't swing that way! :eek: He'll have to find some man lovin somewhere else! :p :D

GO BLUE!!!

Try the airport in minn.:)

No, but I heard we got "spanked"!!!:eek: Nobdy is able to defeat the Huskers right now and the "at home win streak" you guys (ladies) have is unreal!!!
Tim, the Horns did get beat, but it was a little deceptive. Destinee Hooker was on some kind of mysterious "academic suspension" and didn't play. The Huskers won in three, but didn't really play well till the third set, so we aren't doing a lot of dancing in the street over that one. We know that our next meeting with the Horns will be in Austin with Hooker back and the Horns at full strength, so THAT should be one to watch.. FYI if you get CSTV, they cover most of the Big 12 marquee volleyball matchups.....Best of luck to my adopted Horns this weekend, and keep your fingers crossed for the Huskers against the University of Spoiled Children (a la Tom B)

My Tigers won't be on the tube this weekend(Middle Tennessee) so I will have to watch Nebraska woop up on USC.....Gotta admit though I'm torn on the ND vs Mich. game, the good catholic boy in me wants ND to win but if Michigan loses again, they will be salivating even more after Les Miles....

GEAUX TIGERS !!!!!

070913002.jpg

My Tigers won't be on the tube this weekend(Middle Tennessee) so I will have to watch Nebraska woop up on USC.....Gotta admit though I'm torn on the ND vs Mich. game, the good catholic boy in me wants ND to win but if Michigan loses again, they will be salivating even more after Les Miles....

GEAUX TIGERS !!!!!

070913002.jpg

Now that's cool Gary!!!! Thanks for sharing that one!

Hi, Tom! Where ya been? In case you didn't notice, I've been saying nice things about the Sooners in previous posts! What's your take on the upcoming Bugeater/University of Spoiled Children contest Sat? Can I count you among the group of "one week only" husker fans this weekend?

As much as I'd like to see Nebbish win this one I think they're going to be way up against it here. Never say never but it will be tough. As far as me rooting for the Huskers, that was something I did fairly regularly until that ugly incident in Norman a few years ago with the Neb lineman and the OU spirit group guy. Callahan really stepped in it when he called us a bunch of f'ing hillbillies. So, as much respect as I have for the great Nebraska football tradition, Callahan can kiss my Boomer Sooner a$$.

Edit - Oh yeah, he was also caught on film doing the "throat-slash" gesture during our game. Totally classless.

Last edited:
As much as I'd like to see Nebbish win this one I think they're going to be way up against it here. Never say never but it will be tough. As far as me rooting for the Huskers, that was something I did fairly regularly until that ugly incident in Norman a few years ago with the Neb lineman and the OU spirit group guy. Callahan really stepped in it when he called us a bunch of f'ing hillbillies. So, as much respect as I have for the great Nebraska football tradition, Callahan can kiss my Boomer Sooner a$$.

Edit - Oh yeah, he was also caught on film doing the "throat-shlash" gesture during our game. Totally classless.
and for what it is worth, Callahan didn't win any popularity contests up here with those situations either. I do like what he is doing with the offense. This year is kind of his "put up or shut up" year, so we'll see how it goes. Good Luck to OU this weekend and keep your fingers crossed for the Huskers in spite of Callahan, ok?

Heard one on the Herd coming to work today.

What size battery does it take to shock a Michigan Wolverine?

1AA

Hey..my Hawks don't play either Ohio State or Michigan this year...pfft.

PS..(come on wrestling season..LOL)

Good football this weekend for sure.

and for what it is worth, Callahan didn't win any popularity contests up here with those situations either. I do like what he is doing with the offense. This year is kind of his "put up or shut up" year, so we'll see how it goes. Good Luck to OU this weekend and keep your fingers crossed for the Huskers in spite of Callahan, ok?
Oh, don't worry... I'm definitely pullin' for the Huskers this week!

OHIO STATE~3-0
MICHIGAN~1-2
PJ, Dave & John....I am sure y'all are happy!!!:)
Mike.....Sorry, Notre Dame stunk!!!
Terry......I was pulling for your Huskers, sorry.:(
Tom......Oklahoma, what a blowout!!!
Tim.....GO HORNS!!!:)

OHIO STATE~3-0
MICHIGAN~1-2
PJ, Dave & John....I am sure y'all are happy!!!:)
Mike.....Sorry, Notre Dame stunk!!!
Terry......I was pulling for your Huskers, sorry.:(
Tom......Oklahoma, what a blowout!!!
Tim.....GO HORNS!!!:)

Thanks Teri!!! My Horns were VERY LUCKY on Saturday to come away with the win!!! Luckily the QB for the other team was having a REALLY bad day and Texas' secondary was doing good.

38-0 wow, ya know in most seasons I'd being doing an anti notre dame dance and whoopin it up big time, But after being 0-2 (and foreseeing troubling games ahead) I'll just say I'm glad we won this one. Besides it was great telling Mike the score in person :)

Wow I don't think Michigan was that good I just think The Irish are that bad.

Bum deal on USC winning. Nice to see some upsets this week, every big upset makes us feel better in Wolverine land

Congrats to the winners! The Huskers just had no defense that I could see. We played really poorly and deserved the a$$ whoopin we got. I still think OU and LSU are much better teams than USC, though. Let's see, Horns win, Buckeyes win, Michigan wins, LSU wins, and Mike Minick and I will just have console each other as we drop out of sight in the polls! Oh well, its only a game, right?

i still have yet to see any highlights from the game (and i pretty much refuse to), but PJ was nice enough to stop by the pit area on Saturday night and give me the final score of the game and then we proceeded to go out and smack the wall and tear body up on our second run. I blame PJ :p:p (j/k PJ).........but on a plus note for me, my very own WIU Leathernecks stomped the St Francis University 69-0 and cracked the top 20 in the DIaa polls. There are 5 teams from our conference in the top 20 (and you guys thought the SEC was tough :eek:)

PS....Terry i am am here to console you,....starting to get used to this ass kickin thing :eek:

Congrats to the winners! The Huskers just had no defense that I could see. We played really poorly and deserved the a$$ whoopin we got. I still think OU and LSU are much better teams than USC, though. Let's see, Horns win, Buckeyes win, Michigan wins, LSU wins, and Mike Minick and I will just have console each other as we drop out of sight in the polls! Oh well, its only a game, right?
I hope you're right about the quality of OU / LSU Vs. USC but after watching the Condom's O-Line blow up the Neb D-Line play after play after play I have my doubts. As much as it pains me to say it USC looks like the real deal again but they've got some tough tests to pass before they're annointed. LSU and Florida have to play each other at least once, probably twice and I'm hoping that goes 1 and 1. If so, and OU / USC get through the season unscathed then it'll be those 2 for all the marbles.

Congrats Tom, Tim and of course my Michigan brethren. Yes and congrats to you also Teri. ;) Terry, Mike I feel your pain. Terry you have nothing to hang your head over. As much as I hate to say anything good aboutn USC you got beat by a better team this weekend.

Mike I don't know what to tell you. I'm certainly not in a position to rub it in nor would I do that anyway. I was at the game and it was worse than the score showed. 79 total yards of offense. -6 yds rushing. Michigan shut it down half way through the 3rd qtr and coasted. Dude I wish you the best of luck because they have a lot of work ahead of them.

As far as Michigan goes ... Well hey it's not a loss! Penn State Saturday will be a good test for the start of the Big Ten season.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back