Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

My Tigers are up against the Doctors and Lawyers......ooops sorry I mean Tulane this weekend. Hard to not look ahead to Florida, but gotta take it one week at a time....

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

Tim, if you're out there, how are things looking for my adopted Horns against K State? They have looked good at times, but looked to me last week like the Horns got themselves back on track. Is it gonna be close or will the Horns blow out K State? As far as our contest with Iowa State, about all I can tell you for sure is that, after watching our defense self destruct two weeks in a row is that Iowa State is gonna score a lot of points! Hope Keller's arm will be good enough to score a few more than them!

Not Tim but, You heard it hear first, Kansas State beats Texas. I'm a Texas fan, and they did look good last week but it was against Rice, and I still think there overrated. If they blow out KS this weekend, then I might start to believe there a really good football team but I dont right now. KS normally plays Texas pretty good and its normally a game so we will see. They beat us last year and the last 3 games have been decided by less than 10 pts combined. Wish your guys luck this week, I think its going to be a scoring game for sure.

Not Tim but, You heard it hear first, Kansas State beats Texas. I'm a Texas fan, and they did look good last week but it was against Rice, and I still think there overrated. If they blow out KS this weekend, then I might start to believe there a really good football team but I dont right now. KS normally plays Texas pretty good and its normally a game so we will see. They beat us last year and the last 3 games have been decided by less than 10 pts combined. Wish your guys luck this week, I think its going to be a scoring game for sure.

They damn well better not beat Texas!
I want the Sooners to be the first to do that this year. :D

Thanks for the insight Justin. K State has a tradition of popping up and beating good teams at will--should be a good game, but I'll be pullin for the horns. Hopefully we can contain Iowa State better and get the defense back on track (what little defense there is, that is!) Go Huskers!!

My Tigers are up against the Doctors and Lawyers......ooops sorry I mean Tulane this weekend. Hard to not look ahead to Florida, but gotta take it one week at a time....

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

well thats good they'll be able to fix their own injuries and sue the coaches for making them play

Fear the North, Tom!!! How's it looking for the Sooners this weekend?
I'm hoping for another blowout. :D

The altitude doesn't scare me given the tremendous depth of our team; we can run fresh guys at the Buffs for 4 quarters no problem. I'm guessing it will be at least competitive til about mid 3rd quarter or so, then the Sooners will roll.

The altitude doesn't scare me given the tremendous depth of our team; we can run fresh guys at the Buffs for 4 quarters no problem. I'm guessing it will be at least competitive til about mid 3rd quarter or so, then the Sooners will roll.

Totally in agreement there, Tom--and I still think OU is the #1 team in the country especially after seeing USC couldn't muster much more offense against us than Ball State did. Our defense is a joke right now, but I am hoping for better times ahead. I only disagree with you on one point--I think the Sooners will have CU put safely away by half time.

Leaving to go deer hunting today, season opens tomorrow, so I will miss my 4th weekend in a row of college football. I hope I come back Monday to anouther Michigan win.

GO BLUE!!!!!!!!

Tim, if you're out there, how are things looking for my adopted Horns against K State? They have looked good at times, but looked to me last week like the Horns got themselves back on track. Is it gonna be close or will the Horns blow out K State? As far as our contest with Iowa State, about all I can tell you for sure is that, after watching our defense self destruct two weeks in a row is that Iowa State is gonna score a lot of points! Hope Keller's arm will be good enough to score a few more than them!

Hey there Terry!!! I would be lying if I said "its in the bag for Texas" as seeing how we did last year against them. Also, Texas has not really played a "passing team" yet so this will be a good test for Texas' secondary.
Yeah, they beat up Rice pretty bad...but it was Rice:rolleyes:. I think my Pop Warner team I'm coaching (we are undefeated as well:D) would have put up a better challenge than Rice did!!!:D My wife and kids and I will be going to the game tomorrow and Vince Young will be here for a "meet and greet" after the game!!! My son is a HUGE VY fan (who isnt?) so I havent told him yet about the post game event!!!

Terry, Iowa State's new coach (Chiszik) was the Horns Defensive Coordinator last year and he left with no warning right before our bowl game last year!!! We found out when they showed him and his family getting off ISU's private plane on the news as he was being greeted by ISU's athletic director, so be sure the Husker's leave a mark on his team for me:cool:!!!

Hook em Horns!!!...and Go CornHuskers!!!!

Hey there Terry!!! I would be lying if I said "its in the bag for Texas" as seeing how we did last year against them. Also, Texas has not really played a "passing team" yet so this will be a good test for Texas' secondary.
Yeah, they beat up Rice pretty bad...but it was Rice:rolleyes:. I think my Pop Warner team I'm coaching (we are undefeated as well:D) would have put up a better challenge than Rice did!!!:D My wife and kids and I will be going to the game tomorrow and Vince Young will be here for a "meet and greet" after the game!!! My son is a HUGE VY fan (who isnt?) so I havent told him yet about the post game event!!!

Terry, Iowa State's new coach (Chiszik) was the Horns Defensive Coordinator last year and he left with no warning right before our bowl game last year!!! We found out when they showed him and his family getting off ISU's private plane on the news as he was being greeted by ISU's athletic director, so be sure the Husker's leave a mark on his team for me:cool:!!!

Hook em Horns!!!...and Go CornHuskers!!!!

Hi Tim! I think our offense has a pretty good chance of beating up on the Iowa State defense, so hopefully we can leave a mark on em for ya in that dept. However, I can just hope they don't leave a mark on OUR D (or lack thereof!) Will be pulling for the Horns against K State--have no doubt you will beat them, but K State is not a bad team at all this year, showing more than one instance of brilliance--but not enough brilliance in my opinion to overcome the superior team.

And here's a shout out to my buddy Mike Minick and the wounded leprechaun--Good Luck to the Golden Domers this weekend! Go Horns, Go Huskers! and let the games begin!

And here's a shout out to my buddy Mike Minick and the wounded leprechaun--Good Luck to the Golden Domers this weekend! Go Horns, Go Huskers! and let the games begin!

thanks for the good luck wishes Terry. We got Purdue this weekend but if our team keeps playing the way they have this year, i have a feeling that instead of rooting against the Boilermakers, I'll be slamming them down!!! :p

good luck to everyone this weekend (except Michigan) :eek: j/k

What can you say about the South Florida Bulls??????? Solid program, they do all the right things and are humble in their quest for recognition and respect. We here in Tampa/St. Pete knew it was just a matter of time (although quicker that most would have guessed) before this program shined through. They certainly have some tough games ahead in the Big East and I believe they will rise to the occasion each and every time. The coaching staff makes sure this team is focused for every contest. They never look ahead. That's a sign of a good team. Congats to the University of South Florida.

Late.......................Mitch

Or... we could make every conceivable mistake, doing everything possible to lose the game, and succeed in doing so. <sigh>

boomer sooner

Sorry Tom, I just got home and looked at our yahoo pickem game and saw the score was like, Holy Sh*t! OU Lost. Sorry dude. There a better team than that. Also looks like I pegged our Texas squad correctly since they are currently down by 10 right now in the 3rd. Hopefully they can come back but they are def. going to have to play better.

Somebody get over to Tom's house and remove all the sharp objects quick!

rofl... It's not quite that dire but it sure was disappointing to see (listen to, actually) us blow a 17 point lead in the second half. I forgot to set my DVR and now I'm kind of glad. I don't think I could've brought myself to watch it anyway. The good news is that there's another game next week!

Watching Texas get "stomped"...at home was pretty bad! Several of us fans in the stands were ready to go down to the sidelines and pull him from the game ourselves!!!:mad:4int and a concussion later they FINALLY put Chiles in at QB. It began to rain VERY HARD at halftime, so that must have been all of us HORNS fans from across the nation crying in unison at how bad our game was going:p And OU's loss is only going to make the Sooners more hungry for Longhorn blood this coming weekend:(
Tom...good luck to your Sooners this weekend against my Longhorns!!! Ihope it turns out to be a good game...the Sooners in my opinion looked as if they were going to win it all this year, but its not too late...look at all the shake ups this past weekend in the top 10.
Its too late for my Horns to even think BCS from the way they have played this year.

we have a new #1 team according to the AP ESPN - NCAA College Football Polls, College Football Rankings, NCAA Football Poll....so congrats to our resident LSU fans Kelly and Gary

but i swear i really don't understand these pollsters....i mean when Nebraska lost to #1 USC they fell from like 11 to 25 (correct me if i am wrong Terry), but here Oklahoma loses to an unranked Colorado team and only falls to 10 (no offense Tom)....and the same can be said about Oregon only falling 2 spots after there loss to Cal :confused:

That's about where I figured Oklahoma would be. Seems as though OU is 2nd among the one-loss teams and even though the Florida loss was at home, it was to a more highly regarded team. There's going to be a whole bunch of the current unbeatens drop like flies over the next few weeks or so, though.

USC and Cal play each other, that's 1.
Ohio State and Wisco, that's 2.
KY and LSU, that's 3.
BC's last 5 games are quite the gauntlet, very small chance of making it.

Oddly enough, South Florida has a great shot of winning out if their recent performances are any indication.

If USC wins out they'll damn sure deserve (and get) a shot at all the marbles. They've got a 4 week run that includes at Cal, at Oregon, and at ASU. That's pretty damn tough.

If LSU wins out, they'll undoubtedly get there as well (deservedly so) and play yet another home game for the Crystal Football.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back