Coaches Top 25 preseason Poll (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

Tom, I was waiting for you to take a stab at me. It awful, got a ton of friends that are SC fans and they are making life rough. Vic Edelbrock left me a voicemail the other day about why I havent called him to talk football. He's a USC grad and goes to every game.

You have to admit that on a off night against a good Washington team USC looked pretty good when half of the top ten were getting the butts kicked.

Ok I get asked all the time how I can be a fan of both UT and Texas A&M but you my dear complex me! How can you be a fan of Texas, LSU, and OK???
Hmmm....well, let's see....

I was born in Oklahoma, raised in Texas and the 2nd best thing my 2nd husband introduced me to (1st being NHRA Drag Racing) was Louisiana sports.

Go figure! What can I say? I'm diverse! ;)

Tom, I was waiting for you to take a stab at me. It awful, got a ton of friends that are SC fans and they are making life rough. Vic Edelbrock left me a voicemail the other day about why I havent called him to talk football. He's a USC grad and goes to every game.

You have to admit that on a off night against a good Washington team USC looked pretty good when half of the top ten were getting the butts kicked.

Well, I'd hardly call their performance impressive but compared to what Oklahoma did, it was a masterpiece.

They've got one heck of a tough road with @ Oregon, @ Cal, and @ Arizona State all in a 4 week period. If they get through all that unscathed then kudos to them, I say. I can only hope that we run the table for the rest of the year and everyone else loses at least once so maybe we can see the University of Spoiled Children in Nawlins! God help USC if they have to play LSU there, it's some kind of rough treatment.

Oh boy, Big 10 Champs. :rolleyes:

And another Bowl game blowout loss.

There's something to celebrate.

Nice to hear from you again Vaughn, glad to see you are still hating Michigan. You must not root for a team cause you are afraid you will cry when someone attacks it like you attack Michigan.

PJ, do you think anyone in the top ten could(LOL)

after the way most of them played last week, maybe not

Michigan may have the Penn State win taken away from them. A clerical error allowed sone freshman grinder play on a couple of special teams snaps. Apparently he wasn't supposed to. Didn't break any ncaa rule but a big ten rule. Now they are debating if they should take the win away from us. Complete BS

Nice to hear from you again Vaughn, glad to see you are still hating Michigan. You must not root for a team cause you are afraid you will cry when someone attacks it like you attack Michigan.

Not at all John.

I don't really have any allegiance to any one team. I like to see the Big 12 teams do well. Feel free to rip on me when they lose. Especially if they lose to a Big 11 team. :D

I pretty much hate all the Big 11 teams, although I would like to see some of the ones that haven't had a ton of success over the years, do well.

I hate no teams worse than I hate Michigan and Notre Dame. I do however root for ND when they play Michigan.

Not at all John.

I don't really have any allegiance to any one team. I like to see the Big 12 teams do well. Feel free to rip on me when they lose. Especially if they lose to a Big 11 team. :D

I pretty much hate all the Big 11 teams, although I would like to see some of the ones that haven't had a ton of success over the years, do well.

I hate no teams worse than I hate Michigan and Notre Dame. I do however root for ND when they play Michigan.

I can respect that, I just happen to root for the team you hate. I will root for Michigan, you root for the other team, we can get on here and have fun laughing at each other's teams. Little friendly rivalry never hurt.

I don't think anyone was TOO surprised by this. It would have taken a miracle for Kentucky to get through the season unscathed.

If only South Carolina could've knocked off LSU...

:D

Well I went get my fresh gator meat to make a little Gator Sauce Picante for the game tomorrow night!.....Tastes better than chicken! ;)

GEAUX TIGERS !!!!

Well I went get my fresh gator meat to make a little Gator Sauce Picante for the game tomorrow night!.....Tastes better than Gamecock! ;)
Fixed that for ya, Gary. :D

Any predictions on the OU-Horns contest, Tom?
Borrowing from some of my Sooner brethren from another message board, let me answer your query in Haiku:

Colt is on the ground
Mack is out of bail money
Sooners roll again
-------------------------------
Bevo will die
The Sooner Schooner will roll
We'll own texas
The line's set at 10
Even Vegas thinks Whorns suck
Bombs away, Bradford
--------------------------------
At Vincent Young U.,
Ask not for whom the Mack claps;
Coach Brown claps for thee.
Cool starry night looms
Another Stoops string begins
whorn beers wet with tears
Boomer Sooner chants
Fill the Oklahoma side
As we win once more

OK.... Back to reality (sort of)

The last line I saw on the game is OU -11. Typically, in this game the underdog covers the points. Seeing as how it's an annual rivalry game in a setting like none other in college football in the middle of the State Fair of Texas, tickets are split 50/50 at the 50-yard line between the schools, from purely a betting standpoint, I'd take the Horns +11. However I think OU is capable of not only winning but absolutely making a mockery of the game this year. Last week's 2nd half offensive breakdown was unfortunate and ill-timed (to put it mildly) but I think it was also a fluke.

Texas is capable of winning but if they do I think it will be close and probably a last play of the game type of win.

Fixed that for ya, Gary. :D

Borrowing from some of my Sooner brethren from another message board, let me answer your query in Haiku:

Colt is on the ground
Mack is out of bail money
Sooners roll again
Bevo will die
The Sooner Schooner will roll
We'll own texas
The line's set at 10
Even Vegas thinks Whorns suck
Bombs away, Bradford
--------------------------------
At Vincent Young U.,
Ask not for whom the Mack claps;
Coach Brown claps for thee.
Cool starry night looms
Another Stoops string begins
whorn beers wet with tears
Boomer Sooner chants
Fill the Oklahoma side
As we win once more

OK.... Back to reality (sort of)

The last line I saw on the game is OU -11. Typically, in this game the underdog covers the points. Seeing as how it's an annual rivalry game in a setting like none other in college football in the middle of the State Fair of Texas, tickets are split 50/50 at the 50-yard line between the schools, from purely a betting standpoint, I'd take the Horns +11. However I think OU is capable of not only winning but absolutely making a mockery of the game this year. Last week's 2nd half offensive breakdown was unfortunate and ill-timed (to put it mildly) but I think it was also a fluke.

Texas is capable of winning but if they do I think it will be close and probably a last play of the game type of win.

Haiku and football--does my heart good being the possessor of a degree in English and also being a gearhead. I love incongruity. I'll be watching the OU Texas game anxiously, cause I certainly am hoping we can do our job well enough up north (which remains to be seen) that whoever prevails in that game will win the south and be our opponent in the big 12 championship game. We'll know a lot more about the huskers after our game with Mizzou, but I've heard that Colo and K State may have pretty good teams also....
Let the games begin! Go Huskers

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back