Attending the INDY 500? (1 Viewer)

BF

Nitro Member
After reading several different threads where people mentioned going, I was wondering how many "Maters" will be at the Greatest Spectacle in Racing. I'll be there, sitting in the Pit Road Terrace.

After reading several different threads where people mentioned going, I was wondering how many "Maters" will be at the Greatest Spectacle in Racing. I'll be there, sitting in the Pit Road Terrace.

Barry - I'll be there with several other old farts! We'll be in the stands on the inside of turn one. Staying at the Red Roof Inn near the Speedway.
We're going to Auburn Thursday to the Duesenberg Museum, but will be at the track Fri- Sun.
If you would like to hook up PM me! - Jim

I was uspposed to bve there, but our tema owner decided we were going to race in the Skull Shine Sooner Nationals so I sold my tickets...

Then we sold the the alcohol funny car and purchased an a-fuel dragster, which the IHRA doesn't run... after I sold my tickets.

Barry - I'll be there with several other old farts! We'll be in the stands on the inside of turn one. Staying at the Red Roof Inn near the Speedway.
We're going to Auburn Thursday to the Duesenberg Museum, but will be at the track Fri- Sun.
If you would like to hook up PM me! - Jim

We'll be pretty close then. We'll arrive Friday and go to the memorabilia show at the fairgrounds and probably stay for the Hoosier Hundred there.

I'm curious what tickets are going for? Didn't I hear that the Nascar race the tickets are pretty reasonable?

I'm curious what tickets are going for? Didn't I hear that the Nascar race the tickets are pretty reasonable?

For the INDY 500 depends on where you sit and where you get the tickets from. I bought mine through the track this year for only the second time out of about 16 . The face value for where I sit (pit road terrace) is $85. When I got tix off EBAY in the same area cost is around 100-120. Ticket brokers, of which there are many for this race, try to sell the same area for 150-200. I have also heard just before or just after the race starts that the scalpers on the streets around the track will take half price or less to get rid of tickets. From the speedway tix range from 40-150. There are also general admission tix for, I believe, $25. The seats in the upper decks usually stay sold out and can cost 2 to 3 times face value from a broker.

If only that $60 would cover all three days of a national event. Who can go just one day? I did that once, just once.

For the INDY 500 depends on where you sit and where you get the tickets from. I bought mine through the track this year for only the second time out of about 16 . The face value for where I sit (pit road terrace) is $85. When I got tix off EBAY in the same area cost is around 100-120. Ticket brokers, of which there are many for this race, try to sell the same area for 150-200. I have also heard just before or just after the race starts that the scalpers on the streets around the track will take half price or less to get rid of tickets. From the speedway tix range from 40-150. There are also general admission tix for, I believe, $25. The seats in the upper decks usually stay sold out and can cost 2 to 3 times face value from a broker.

Highest ticket price on the Speedway's web site is $140 for section A (across from the pits) - I didn't look to see if this section was sold out.
Old Farts Racing Club Team Manager got us tickets comped in pit stands, I'm pretty happy with that price!
We got box seats in row four, section B (first turn) for the Brickyard for $80 - have a feeling NASCAR's ticket sales are not going well. We'll have Cold Passes to visit the pits before the race. After that, it will be a long hike to our seats - :D

Highest ticket price on the Speedway's web site is $140 for section A (across from the pits) - I didn't look to see if this section was sold out.
Old Farts Racing Club Team Manager got us tickets comped in pit stands, I'm pretty happy with that price!
We got box seats in row four, section B (first turn) for the Brickyard for $80 - have a feeling NASCAR's ticket sales are not going well. We'll have Cold Passes to visit the pits before the race. After that, it will be a long hike to our seats - :D

The Vista Decks and Paddock Penthouse are $150 for the 500, only the Penthouse seats are $150 for the 400, not that it matters because those tix are rediculous to get from a broker. Where can you go with Cold Passes on race day? We have pit passes for Saturday and for after the race Sunday for the 500.

The Vista Decks and Paddock Penthouse are $150 for the 500, only the Penthouse seats are $150 for the 400, not that it matters because those tix are rediculous to get from a broker. Where can you go with Cold Passes on race day? We have pit passes for Saturday and for after the race Sunday for the 500.

Barry - Cold Passes at a typical NASCAR race will allow you into the pits and onto the track (pretty awesome if you haven't been there) to get a close look at the cars and prerace preparations by the pit crews. The "War Wagons" and pit setup for the crew chiefs and driver's wives are amazing! When the track goes "hot" - you're outta there!
Hot Passes (which are almost impossible to get) allow you full access to the garage area and the pits during the race. You can't see S$$$ of the race from the pits, but being within a few feet of a NASCAR pit stop is something you will never forget!

I refuse to attend another Indy 500 (and I have been to many) until the split is over. The IRL and Champ Car will NEVER see one penny from me.

However, I will most likely be at the USGP this year, gonna be a great weekend. Going to Churchill Downs on Saturday for the Stephen Foster Handicap and to IMS on Sunday for the GP.

Barry - Cold Passes at a typical NASCAR race will allow you into the pits and onto the track (pretty awesome if you haven't been there) to get a close look at the cars and prerace preparations by the pit crews. The "War Wagons" and pit setup for the crew chiefs and driver's wives are amazing! When the track goes "hot" - you're outta there!
Hot Passes (which are almost impossible to get) allow you full access to the garage area and the pits during the race. You can't see S$$$ of the race from the pits, but being within a few feet of a NASCAR pit stop is something you will never forget!

I couldn't count the number of Nascar fans I know that went to a Drag race say they wish they could just walk in the pits at a Cup race like you can at the Drags!

I refuse to attend another Indy 500 (and I have been to many) until the split is over. The IRL and Champ Car will NEVER see one penny from me.

However, I will most likely be at the USGP this year, gonna be a great weekend. Going to Churchill Downs on Saturday for the Stephen Foster Handicap and to IMS on Sunday for the GP.

If Newman-Haas would have left Champ Car....the split would have been over, for better or for worse. Tony George had what seemed like a pretty good idea, at first. Now the IRL is another version of CART. I think the best open wheel drivers (sprints, midgets, etc.) from the US will still migrate towards NASCAR because that is where the money is. In a perfect world, Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Robby Gordon, Casey Mears, Ryan Newman, etc. would have never stepped foot in a NASCAR ride.

I couldn't count the number of Nascar fans I know that went to a Drag race say they wish they could just walk in the pits at a Cup race like you can at the Drags!

I've had the "cold passes" at Talladega twice. I really didn't get much out of it except a lot of exercise. Walking along pit road with no cars or drivers anywhere close made for a couple interesting pictures but that was about it. If we had over 100,000 people attend a drag race on a single day, there wouldn't be any pit passes available to the general public. It is a different animal.

Anyone have any idea WHY they kept putting the drivers weight on the screen during qualifying?? Is NHRA going to start doing this with the PSB riders... :rolleyes: Didn't really make any sense to me... :confused:

Well - it's apples vs oranges. Several years ago, NASCAR teams were able to provide a large number of "Garage Passes" (I don't know if there was a restriction) to anyone who knew someone on a team. The result was hundreds of people wandering around the garage while teams were testing and the same people getting in the way of pit crews during a race. Having been there, it's a miracle no one was killed. So . . . very restricted access.

Being in the pits at an NHRA race allows fans to watch teams work on their cars between rounds - it does not allow them access to staging lanes or the starting line during eliminations. NHRA and NASCAR "pits" are completely different.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back