Are You Attending College Football this Weekend? (1 Viewer)

Bullard Anderson

Nitro Member
Yeah, I know everybody who's anybody will be in INDY this weekend. But I thought I see if any of you guys/gals will be at a College Football game this weekend and where.

I'll be in Charlottesville, VA for SoCal vs. UVA, the first of 7 trips this season to my home away from home. Are we going to need triple digit neon on the visitors side of the scoreboard. No way!!!! Give me the Hoo's, STRAIGHT UP!!!! .....ok JK!

Anybody else?

Yeah, I know everybody who's anybody will be in INDY this weekend. But I thought I see if any of you guys/gals will be at a College Football game this weekend and where.

I'll be in Charlottesville, VA for SoCal vs. UVA, the first of 7 trips this season to my home away from home. Are we going to need triple digit neon on the visitors side of the scoreboard. No way!!!! Give me the Hoo's, STRAIGHT UP!!!! .....ok JK!

Anybody else?

Steve,
Next Season, when ODU FINALLY gets a Team on the Field...
GO Monarchs

d'kid

i'm sorry but the college football season does not officially start until Notre Dame kicks off and there first game is Sept 6! ;):D

I have Michigan season tickets. I will be there. I have no idea what this season holds :rolleyes: with new "everything" but I'll be there! :D

GO BLUE!!!

We will be tailgating at the Texas/Florida Atlantic game this weekend!!! We have been tailgating with the same group of friends at the stadium for 5 years (although we dont go to every game) and its a kid friendly group with everyone bringing the kiddos...not the drunk rowdy crowds that comes to mind. We have had the same spot the entire time and it isright across the street from the stadium.

I got Boston College seasons tickets this year. My FIL-BIL- and wifes uncle each have 2 pair as well. At this point I can only make two, Virginia Tech and Norte Dame due to work. I can't wait.

I'm headed to the Texans/Tampa Bay Buc NFL game tonight but no college games for me this weekend. Then the horse track on Monday. But I will watch plenty of games this weekend. Waiting to see how Mike Sherman will do at Texas AM.

I'm headed to the Texans/Tampa Bay Buc NFL game tonight but no college games for me this weekend. Then the horse track on Monday. But I will watch plenty of games this weekend. Waiting to see how Mike Sherman will do at Texas AM.

I got my Breeder's Cup tickets in the mail last week. The Breeder's Cup is 2 days this year (Friday and Saturday), it is at Santa Anita which is a very easy 3.5 hour drive from Vegas and unfortunately, is the same weekend as Vegas 2. I am going to drive back to Vegas on Saturday night after the BC is over so I can go to Sunday eliminations though.

I will be in Fayetteville to watch my Hogs take on Western Illinois and watch the Bobby Patreno era begin. My 7 year old granddaughter is going to attend her first Razorback game Saturday night. Her dad was a former Hog. When she was about 2 we were talking about animal sounds, dog, cat, chicken, etc, and when I asked her what does a pig say, she lit up and said WOOOOO PIG SOOIEEEE!!! Got to start em out young:)

LSU VS the ever dangerous Appalachian State this Saturday.....That's if GUSTAV doesn't screw everything up.............. We won't be attending this game, supposed to be racing at the IHRA Sportsnational in Baton Rouge......Stupid Hurricane!!!! :mad:

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

tigertoons_080822001.jpg

I got my Breeder's Cup tickets in the mail last week. The Breeder's Cup is 2 days this year (Friday and Saturday), it is at Santa Anita which is a very easy 3.5 hour drive from Vegas and unfortunately, is the same weekend as Vegas 2. I am going to drive back to Vegas on Saturday night after the BC is over so I can go to Sunday eliminations though.

Chris, I only follow the big time horse racing and this will actually be my first time out at Sam Houston Raceway Park to see the horse's run. I've been to probably 10 concerts and business meetings there but never seen the horses run. Any tips for a new comer?

I will be in Fayetteville to watch my Hogs take on Western Illinois and watch the Bobby Patreno era begin. My 7 year old granddaughter is going to attend her first Razorback game Saturday night. Her dad was a former Hog. When she was about 2 we were talking about animal sounds, dog, cat, chicken, etc, and when I asked her what does a pig say, she lit up and said WOOOOO PIG SOOIEEEE!!! Got to start em out young:)

Ah yes Western Illinois....my dearly beloved alma mater......GO LEATHERNECKS!!!

Chris, I only follow the big time horse racing and this will actually be my first time out at Sam Houston Raceway Park to see the horse's run. I've been to probably 10 concerts and business meetings there but never seen the horses run. Any tips for a new comer?

- Buy the Daily Racing Form when you get to the track and read the notes about each horse.
- Stay away from exotic wagers (Exactas/Trifectas/etc) unless you are splitting the tickets with friends.
- Remember that favorites only win about 35% of the time. Try to find vulnerable favorites and beat them with horses in the 4-1 to 8-1 range. A horse that is 4-5 on the morning line is not typically a vulnerable favorite. But if the favorite is in the 3-1 range, try to beat him!
- Whenever I take someone to the track for the first time, I encourage them to pick one horse and play the "show" bet. That way, if the horse finishes first, second or third you will cash the ticket. Bad news is you won't win much money ... good news is you won't lose much money either.
- Most tracks will sell locally produced tip sheets for a buck or two or three. If you are not familiar with the trainers/jockeys/horses, these can be a sound investment. Usually only have to cash one ticket to pay for itself ...

The most important part ... HAVE FUN!!!!

I will not be going since Washington is at Oregon but maybe next weekend. :D

This weekend, though, I will be watching college football, Indy and NASCAR on my shiny new 42 inch HDTV. Woohoo! Hubby is taking me to pick it up tomorrow morning.

I couldn't resist texting PJ yesterday while he was at Indy having a good time & letting him know that Michigan was loosing, then all most making a comeback & then that they lost! It was nice passing on the good news to him!!!:p

Love you PJ!!!
;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back