The Beginning of College Football Thread (1 Viewer)

Bullard Anderson

Nitro Member
College Football is just around the corner. This will be my 10th year going to Virginia Cavalier Nation up in Charlottesville! Season ticket package in the mail last week. I can't wait. I think 8-4 will be a huge success for us. But, I can see a losing record.

Who's your team?

Steve, are they going play any college teams this year or just high school(LOL)
:D :eek: :rolleyes:

Are you suprised that Ohio State is ranked #1.

Huge Michigan fan, I drive by the big house on the way to work.

Everyones a little nervous around here we're not used to having 5 losses in one season and those %#^&@ buckeyes look pretty good this year

USC or UCLA....
UCLA or USC...

Heck... let's just go with Alabama this year... ta heck with the 'Home' teams... I don't live in SoCal anymore...

Or maybe Va Tech... naaa

I know it`s not exactly the Big 10 or Pac 10 here in Boise, but the Boise State Broncos are a pretty potent offensive football team, and they`ll win the WAC again this year going 11-1 or 10-2. S.I. has them #23 in their preseason issue. The football program here continues to grow and grow every year (along with the area) and BSU will go to some Bowl game at years end, I just hope it`s not the Humanitarian Bowl which is played here every year (on the blue Smurf Turf at Bronco Stadium) around the end of December...not exactly the warmest of climates that time of year!
I still root a lot for USC, dating back to when I lived in SoCal, and had season tix from `92 to `98.

I know this will come as a great shock to everyone here but I like Oklahoma's chances for the Big 12 this year. We seem to excel when facing adversity and having our highly-touted starting QB booted off the team a couple of weeks ago for being an idiot is just the kind of motivation Stoops and the team needed to really pull together. That little episode will hopefully cause some folks to overlook our offense's ability to be a threat. Our D should be pretty damn stout regardless of the O's situation.

Or, maybe I'm just dreaming.

Huge Michigan fan, I drive by the big house on the way to work.

Everyones a little nervous around here we're not used to having 5 losses in one season and those %#^&@ buckeyes look pretty good this year

I second that! HUGE Michigan fan! I usually go to anywhere from 1-3 games a year. Really curious to see how this year unfolds. Carr better coach his a$$ off or he's done. He can't keep losing to that team down south. Unacceptable at Michigan.
Go Blue!!!

Nothing better than SEC football!!!! And of course speaking of SEC football.............GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigercountry003.jpg

I second that! HUGE Michigan fan! I usually go to anywhere from 1-3 games a year. Really curious to see how this year unfolds. Carr better coach his a$$ off or he's done. He can't keep losing to that team down south. Unacceptable at Michigan.
Go Blue!!!

I agree, hopefully with Hart healthy this year, and the O-line being healthy he and Henne will regain the promise they showed their freshman season. Of course all I need to be happy this season is to beat the overhyped Notre Dumbs and the *&(^($ buckeyes.

September 16 ... Michigan at Notre Dame ... Sorry Irish :D :D

Seriously, The N.D. turn around impresses me. Been waiting a year for this one!!!

I'd like the Sooners to have a good season after seeing Stoops do the quality thing and letting Bomar go. Of course he didn't have a choice really, but I think Bobby Bowden may have just suspended him.

Funny how nobody is talking about the Trojans this season.

The time is here for Al Groh at Virginia to beat VaTech. He's got one win vs. Tech in 5 seasons, and the UVA has only 2 wins since 1998 vs. Tech.

Notre Dame fans, Bobby Dodd (GT) is a tough place to play, especially at Night!

Maryland!!!

Maryland Terrapins - Fear the Turtle! ...okay maybe that doesn't evoke the same feeling as it does for Terrapin basketball, but I still love Maryland in big way.:)

I also root for Utah, BYU, & Boise State. (psssst... as a rule you're not suppose to root for both Utah & BYU, so don't tell anyone.):D

Being from ACC country & born in Arlington, I like to see the Virginia do well also Steve. Just as long as it's not at Maryland's expense.:p

Well ofcourse being from Texas, I gotta go with the Longhorns as my fav.
Second would be the Aggies, then Notre Dame. I think they are going to be good this year. They should have beat USC last year. I dont think Texas will be all that this year, they shouldnt have even beat USC to be honest. Ohio State Looks good but I put my money on ND this year. But go Longhorns!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back