The Semi-Non-Unofficial Vegas Thread (1 Viewer)

We've stayed at the Cannery a number of times-even next door to Snake once. We've met all kinds of pros there every time.

We were going to Vegas One again this year but I requested the option of taking the 5th Wheel, staying on site and bringing our golf cart for Paul, who just had major hip surgery. I e-mailed a number of officials at LVMS as well as Chris Blair and general info to verify that we could do so, but received no response whatsoever. As a result, we'll pass on Vegas One this year.

Wow Bobby that Sucks! Hope to run into you later this year, Joe

We've stayed at the Cannery a number of times-even next door to Snake once. We've met all kinds of pros there every time.

We were going to Vegas One again this year but I requested the option of taking the 5th Wheel, staying on site and bringing our golf cart for Paul, who just had major hip surgery. I e-mailed a number of officials at LVMS as well as Chris Blair and general info to verify that we could do so, but received no response whatsoever. As a result, we'll pass on Vegas One this year.
Dang Doc, I'm sure sorry to hear that you guys aren't going this year. I was looking forward to catching up with y'all next weekend. It seems unusual to not get any response back from the staff at LVMS. They seemed to have gained a reputation for taking care of things the right way.

Tell Paul to get well soon!

I bet if Bobby and family were Nascar fans the track staff would jump over Hoops over this, NHRA's just filler to them!

I bet if Bobby and family were Nascar fans the track staff would jump over Hoops over this, NHRA's just filler to them!
New rule:

No more posts for Joe before 9:00 a.m. and then ONLY if he's on at least his 3rd cup of coffee. And no, Irish coffee doesn't count.
:D

Where in the world do you come up with this stuff, Joe?

I am sorry to hear that Bobby - we stay at the track every year - never had a problem! Next year when you call for your tickets request a pass for the RV Corral - I think it is $125 for the weekend. You can find a party if you are so inclined but it usually stays pretty quiet at night.

Did I miss it? when and where is the mater meeting?:confused:

New rule:

No more posts for Joe before 9:00 a.m. and then ONLY if he's on at least his 3rd cup of coffee. And no, Irish coffee doesn't count.
:D

Where in the world do you come up with this stuff, Joe?

Sorry Tom, I don't drink Coffee. And I bet I'm more on than you think on this.

Sorry Tom, I don't drink Coffee. And I bet I'm more on than you think on this.
lol... sorry 'bout that. Maybe you should start drinking coffee. :) Then again, maybe I shouldn't be such a smartass, so let me re-phrase.

Why do you think that the LVMS staff regards NHRA national events as "filler"? On the surface that would seem contradictory since Bruton spent a gazillion dollars on building the nicest drag facilities in the country in which to hold their events.

[ Going to see Morris Day and the Time Sat. night at Boulder station.

QUOTE]
Joe
I'm jealous Vegas, race and the Time.

D

The wife and I are flying in Friday, arriving around 8:30am. Hooking up with our friends who are coming out on Thursday night. Best of all, they've never been to a drag race so one of my favorite things will occur Friday afternoon, sometime between 1:30-2:00pm. That would be the look on their faces after standing a few feet away when a "nitro bomb" goes off in the pits. Then, watch their reaction a little bit later when the first pair of nitro burners launch down the track and see if they agree with me when I've told them "it's like having a front row seat to an earthquake".

lol... sorry 'bout that. Maybe you should start drinking coffee. :) Then again, maybe I shouldn't be such a smartass, so let me re-phrase.

Why do you think that the LVMS staff regards NHRA national events as "filler"? On the surface that would seem contradictory since Bruton spent a gazillion dollars on building the nicest drag facilities in the country in which to hold their events.

Because they(LVMS) spend FAR more $$$ promoting the Nascar race than the Drags. Because the Media follows the Nascar race FAR more than the Drags. If a story such as Bobby's leaked to the media surrounding the Nascar race, they'd be ALL Over it as to why the Staff of LVMS would be soo neglegent towards the fans! The Nascar race is that facilites Bread and Butter, why all the upgrades/additions to the Nascar track?

To many in the Las vegas media the NHRA race doesn't exist! If it wasn't for Jeff Wolf I wonder how many people would know the race was in town?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

It should have been no issue to park your 5th wheel at the track Doc, I have done it a zillion times. However, coming from that side, they normally don't let you in with golf carts, scooters etc unless you have some type of credential. LVMS should have been able to provide you with some information as to how to get that credential. Sorry to hear they dropped the ball and you will not be here because of it. Hopefully we will see you this fall!

We are flying in Friday and leaving on Monday morning. Staying at the Four Queens in Downtown. I haven't stayed downtown in years! This is my wife's first NHRA event so I am pumped for her. I have been trying to get her into this sport for the last year now. She really started getting into it when Driving Force started and she was able to get to know a driver's personality. Unfortunately now she is a big time John Force fan! (just teasin! love ya John!) I cannot wait until she gets her first dose of Nitro tears...I keep telling her once she sees this stuff, she is going to be hooked like me! I sure hope so anyway. I would love to run into a few of y'all at the track...I will be the guy with the huge smile! I can't wait to smell me some burning rubber and nitromethane again! :D :D :D

Flying in early Friday am. Staying downtown at the 4 Queens.

See you on Friday... probably close to the bar [near section e] around noon. :D

I'll be there on Friday thru Sunday. I will be at the RV area with my boss, I'm cooking some ribs and bringing the ice chest. Wife n I sure would like to meet up with other Mater's. Please don't make it to early as some like to sleep in before it all starts. I live about 10 miles from the track. Weather is Friday should be Hi 72 low 55 (Nice weather for evening racing), Saturday hi 80 and low 61, Sunday hi 87 low 54.

I also am selling 2 sets of tickets for this event Sec 1H row 32 seats 1 & 2 Let me know if you want them.

Thanks
Chuck
AkA: PineApple Express Racing

Flying in early Friday am. Staying downtown at the 4 Queens.

See you on Friday... probably close to the bar [near section e] around noon. :D

dont even get me going about the 4 queens. Did a room trade out deal with them for an A/fuel car and an TA/FC a couple of year ago and they messed the whole deal up.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back