Thank You for Attending... (1 Viewer)

Not sure the NHRA lawyers would agree.
Copyright law > NHRA lawyers. Again, from the link I posted by former journalist and current lawyer and professor (law and ethics of mass communication) Chip Stewart:
Fans to a sporting event typically agree to a contract contained on the ticket. NASCAR’s ticket, for example, says that NASCAR has all rights to the images of the event itself. But this flies in the face of copyright law, which classically does not allow one to copyright news and facts. To me, a recording of a fact is a fact.
http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/...-of-daytona-crash-out-of-caution-and-respect/
Replace NASCAR with NHRA and it's the exact same situation.

I realize this is a hot button for you. But it is not relevant to the point.

They make an announcement to scare people from doing something they should, on the contrary, be encouraging them to do.

Whether that announcement would stand up to legal scrutiny is but a footnote to the discussion.

I have never received an Email from NHRA concerning the photos I have posted..
Well, less and less people like you, me, and other fans that post pics online are posting pics and when they are posted, less and less people are viewing them. So, in this regard, NHRA can be happy that their policy is increasingly effective at hiding their product.

I realize this is a hot button for you. But it is not relevant to the point.

They make an announcement to scare people from doing something they should, on the contrary, be encouraging them to do.

Whether that announcement would stand up to legal scrutiny is but a footnote to the discussion.

Someone's thinking RIGHT !

Well, less and less people like you, me, and other fans that post pics online are posting pics and when they are posted, less and less people are viewing them. So, in this regard, NHRA can be happy that their policy is increasingly effective at hiding their product.

Well in my case Paul I post on Facebook cause its Much easier then these Messageboards.

I'm not on facebook. I understand that fb stipulates any and all photos and content posted to fb becomes fb's property. So in theory, NHRA and nascab should be going after fb since fb is for profit.
?

Back in 2008 someone posted a video on YouTube filmed from one of the tower suites at Pomona of Dan Dickey swatting the wall in qualifying when he ran one race in my TA/FC. It was up about 30 days before NHRA had it taken down.

Back in 2008 someone posted a video on YouTube filmed from one of the tower suites at Pomona of Dan Dickey swatting the wall in qualifying when he ran one race in my TA/FC. It was up about 30 days before NHRA had it taken down.
That's a perfect example of NHRA abusing the DMCA to get something yanked that they don't own. The owner of the video should have put up a fight.

Ahh I see.
Does fb have a view counter like here on message boards? or How does one know how much unique traffic is on a picture (for example)?

Ahh I see.
Does fb have a view counter like here on message boards? or How does one know how much unique traffic is on a picture (for example)?
Only if you have the content on a special page. If you made a "Paul Flores photography" page it'll show you all sorts of info in the "insights" section. That stuff isn't available on a normal personal FB profile.

Not sure the NHRA lawyers would agree. And your average fan with a cell phone certainly isn't going to challenge it.

The announcement places fear in the mind of people about sharing their experience of a day at the races. IMO, that's criminally counter-productive.

You guys crack me up you all act like nhra is some big government agency like the CIA or FBI, or some big corporate giant, like Microsoft or JP Morgan Chase bank.

Its Not, in fact the offices are in a modest little buisness park in the industrial area of Glendora, no ivory tower, no lawers offices, no R&D studio , or chassis design shops, No wind tunnels, or dynos , just a little maybe 8K square foot corner of a building with a half dozen small offices. and a warehouse where all the t-shirts, jackets, coffee cups and toy cars and other nhra "licenced mechandise" are stored , National Dragster is in the same little complex in an even smaller suite across the parking lot.

Not the big corporate giant you guys have it hyped up to be.

Last edited:
It's a building dedicated to NHRA, built in the Wally years, with a nice tile mosaic logo in the walkway out front. My guess is that it's about 35k sq. ft. The separate building was given up a few years ago, ND is now in the same building. They also have offices in Indy where the tech department is.

The NHRA legal staff is there as well, and they have quite a bit of sway -- perhaps rightly so, as the company gets sued frequently, by people who get involved in on-track accidents. The company has revenues well into mid-eight (down from low nine) digits, and certainly enough resources to mount a legal challenge.

No, this is not a Fortune 500, but there are dozens of employees, and a solid legal team -- one of whom is on the board. To portray them as benign buffoons is not accurate.

Im there quite more often, what you discribe and what is there are a little inconsistent.

But no big deal right. Im sure being from the NW you are pretty blown away by everything down here.

Must have been a big thing to come down ans see NHRA in person.

I have been there perhaps a dozen times in the last two years, I have been to dozens of NHRA races, and I have had personal dealings with the people there, including the legal people. I've also 30+ years in business, including time as an exec VP at a fortune 5 company, I'm not "wowed" by much in business. You are trying to make it out to be a joke, I'm trying to be realistic.

And, I apologize, I was off a bit, it's 25,000 sq. ft: http://commercial-properties.findthebest.com/l/5363422/2035-E-Financial-Way-Glendora-CA-91741

Last edited:
Im there quite more often, what you discribe and what is there are a little inconsistent.

But no big deal right. Im sure being from the NW you are pretty blown away by everything down here.

Must have been a big thing to come down ans see NHRA in person.
Maybe people from SW would be at ahh over beauty of the NW, best background picture of any Drag Strip Seattle WA. , Mt. McKinney.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back