16 car P/M & P/S fields in 09 (1 Viewer)

turbo ken

Nitro Member
From IHRA.com

As IHRA continues its role as the premiere sanctioning body for door-slammer racing, the sanctioning body is putting to rest the rumors surrounding having full 16-car qualified fields in Pro Stock and Pro Modified at every 2009 IHRA Nitro Jam event.

“We took a big step by offering our Pro Stock and Pro Modified teams free car and driver entries as well as three free crew entries, but somehow there has been some mystery surrounding 8 car fields and that is not what we are doing in 2009,” IHRA vice president of racing operations Skooter Peaco said. “We received such positive response to our complimentary car and driver program. If we were to cut the Pro Stock and Pro Mod fields this would be a step backwards.”

“We heard the rumors about us cutting the fields, but that was something that was thrown out several months back in a national track operator meeting as a way of making sense out of event budgets,” Peaco continued. “Everyone involved understands this is a financial situation. After covering millions of dollars of sponsorship monies due our racers that never materialized, we have had to rework our national event models to make sure that no matter what happens, everyone will be paid. Our Pro Stock and Pro Mod classes are the quickest and fastest in drag racing…we want to build these programs, not cut them.”

In 2009 both the Pro Stock and Pro Modified fields will have identical payouts. The event champion will earn $9,000, plus contingency. The runner-up will take home $4,000, plus contingency. Semifinalists will earn $2,000, quarterfinalists $1,500 and first round losers $1,000.

“Based on the 2008 purses there is not a huge difference when you factor in the free entries and crew,” Peaco said. “These are challenging economic times and we’re doing everything we can to help our racers while, at the same time, ensuring a top-notch show for our ticket-buying public.

IHRA officials remain hard at work to put more funding in place for the 2009 Nitro Jam season.

“We have some #1 qualifier sponsors in place and are working with quite a few other companies and manufacturers to build on this thing,” Peaco said. “We’re still seeking class sponsors for Pro Stock and Pro Modified, but I think this announcement will help put the format rumors to rest."

Looking ahead it's the right thing to do to build up the fast door cars because in the short term the money for running fuel and Alcohol cars won't be there.

IHRA has had a lot of success with Pro Modified .
I would like to see the Nitro-Harley's back again.
The All Harley Drags are a niche market whereas the IHRA brings national exposure and more sponsors to their program.

Those fuel bikes are really awesome !

I'm looking forward to having a national IHRA in the D/FW market with the opening of Dallas Dragway in Crandall Tx. !
For years I traveled to Shreveport and San Antonio for a fix !

there are 11 pro mods adn 14 pro stockers at Baton Rouge and 5 pro stockers and 53 pro mods at the ADRL race in Houston. IHRA might survive as a sportsmen organization, but I wonder about its pro show-no funny cars of any kind this year

there are 11 pro mods adn 14 pro stockers at Baton Rouge and 5 pro stockers and 53 pro mods at the ADRL race in Houston. IHRA might survive as a sportsmen organization, but I wonder about its pro show-no funny cars of any kind this year
Makes you wonder why these events are scheduled on the same weekend doesn't it? Hope things pick up for the"I", that's a tough way to start their season.

I've been on the west coast for so long I haven't been able to get to an IHRA event... but that all changes this year, since I'm about 20 minutes from Budd's Creek. I'm looking forward to it...

The family and I attended a Jet Car show there late last year and really enjoyed the track, so we're excited about going back.

Looking ahead it's the right thing to do to build up the fast door cars because in the short term the money for running fuel and Alcohol cars won't be there.

IHRA has had a lot of success with Pro Modified .
I would like to see the Nitro-Harley's back again.
The All Harley Drags are a niche market whereas the IHRA brings national exposure and more sponsors to their program.

Those fuel bikes are really awesome !

I'm looking forward to having a national IHRA in the D/FW market with the opening of Dallas Dragway in Crandall Tx. !
For years I traveled to Shreveport and San Antonio for a fix !

We'd love to come and do more IHRA events. One problem is that many of us (top fuel harleys) are on the west coast and its just tough making the finances work. Far as I know, we will be at edomonton again this year. Last year we had a full field, although I think 2-3 of us broke before sunday. The IHRA puts on a good show, is great to work with and hopefully we'll be doing more there in the future.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back