Pro Stock to have 8 car fields............... (1 Viewer)

In the last three + calendar years MOPAR has won three times. All three by AJ.

Before the rev limit came into play, the Dodges were not the highest revving by far. The KB guys were.

In the last 13 races AJ has qualified top half 8 times. I think Roy would be insulted to hear that he needed a rules exemption to be competitive.
Yes and Yes. I am not a car guy but have enjoyed Nitro School each time I have gone to it.
I think the entire class could do much to help themselves and that they are now receptive to doing so.

Quick Quiz. Do you think a Pro Stock School (kinda like Nitro School) would help? And would you attend if you were at the event?

As always, just my opinion and my facts.
Alan

Yes and Yes. I have always enjoyed Nitro School when I have been there even though I am not a car guy.

in a class with "stock" in the name, none of the factories are going to run a spec engine based on something they did not develop.
Toyota wins on Sunday, driver interview.....
Well this LS powered Toyota really ran well this weekend...................:p
IMO the deciding factor is factory sheet metal that people can recognize what model car it is.
Well seeing as there is no factory involvement, this point is moot.

I find it interest John said he lost a potential sponsor due do not enough airtime for PS. Is TV time more important to a sponsor then people in the bleachers? If fans are not watching at the race why would you think fans are watching from home? "How can you justify $25,000 for a lease in the first place, when if you win the whole race you only get $25,000?” I'm curious if anyone ever came out ahead in PS leasing an engine?

I find it interest John said he lost a potential sponsor due do not enough airtime for PS. Is TV time more important to a sponsor then people in the bleachers? If fans are not watching at the race why would you think fans are watching from home? "How can you justify $25,000 for a lease in the first place, when if you win the whole race you only get $25,000?” I'm curious if anyone ever came out ahead in PS leasing an engine?

As the racers say,

if you want to become a millionaire racing, start with ten million.
Racing is a money losing proposition.

Not everyone races for wins or money. A few years back David Rampy did a interview in the back of the National Dragster. When answering the question "Who do you admire the most" he replied, the person who goes to a race knowing that they have no chance of winning, but goes anyway.

Boat a hole in the water you throw money in
Bust out another thousand

Hey maybe we need a boat section.........

TV time is exponentially more important from a marketing standpoint. Too many numbers to ignore. And profe
this is blasphemy, but what about going to NASCAR based engines for Pro Stock?

You could tell them they're going to have to run Jr. Dragster motors and they'll find a way to spend a million dollars a year flogging them. Lol.

Sean D

How about everyone runs a spec HEMI, then we will see who rally knows how to build a motor.

Heck anyone can get a GM to run

i can't imagine a racer solution other than some sort of cost savings, or cost ceiling, to attract more racers to class.
and 'track walks' (and similar segments) on tv shows mite have to go; there is definitely some responsibility here for nhra
to get these cars on the tv shows for significant amount of minutes.....double edged sword here. nhra and racers let the class
get to where it's at and it's going to take both to get it back, if they can.

I still don’t understand why they didn’t just limit their schedule like the bikes. There’s plenty of Pro Stockers out there, just not enough full time ones.

Maybe when the Pro Stock fields are down to 8 cars in the class the light bulb will go off in their heads that it's over!!!!
Another idea is maybe let the Pro Mods run 12 races and the Pro Stock run 12 races.

They have to try something while they still are attracting fans and filling the place. The idea is to put on a better show for the fans!!!

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

the 12 and 12 idea is a great one, the problem then becomes can PS get sponsors onboard for the limited exposure.
From what I have heard Greg Anderson say the lodging, food and travel for the teams is the killer to the budget so it just might work out well.

12 and 12 would probably be just fine with the pro mod guys but i don't see how effectively cutting the traditional pro stck schedule in half and turning these guys into part time racers would be of any benefit to the survival class. As forTV time there seems to be (to me anyway) enough expendable fluff time in the shows to give these guys a little more coverage on the track.

I'm okay with the 8 car field but NHRA should allow 8 car pro mod field so we still get OUR money's worth!
Sounds like only NHRA benefits with a 8 car field yet we are still paying the price of a ticket!
I'm no longer interested in Pro Stock single manufacturer series but they should either drop the price of a ticket at those nine events!
It's bad enough that all the races prior to the end of the US Nationals do the points really count it's just a money grab by the NHRA higher ups!
So drop your ticket prices for those nine events!

For me the bottom line is the NHRA as to put on the best show for the fans or the fans will find something else to spend their money on.
Bob Pellegini comments about either lower the price at those events with 8 car fields or add Pro Mods to the show is kind of what some fans are really thinking and saying.

The last few NHRA National events have had a great turnout from the fans but anytime you start changing the show you run the risk of alienating your fans.

I find consumers today are very smart and savvy so it's wise not to underestimate them.

Just my opinion.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back