Mitsos out of Pro Stock...... (1 Viewer)

Sean D, shondoo

Nitro Member
Just saw on Facebook where Bobby reported that the Mountain View team will not field a Pro Stock car in '19. Will focus their efforts on a Factory Showdown car and something in Top Sportsman.

This blows. That team, and especially Vincent and his Dad were my favorites in the class........

Sean D

What's it going to take...... KB Racing to field a couple of FSS cars for the NHRA to know they need to buy a headstone for PS?

What's it going to take...... KB Racing to field a couple of FSS cars for the NHRA to know they need to buy a headstone for PS?
the headstone will be bought when summitt stops sponsoring KB and more importantly stop sponsoring NHRA races. They rarely make moves that cost themselves money, so when the biggest pro stock sponsor stops sending cash nhra's, way, then that's when i think they will pull the plug.

So...ProStock and ProStock bike become the Xfinity Cup of NHRA......best competition in NHRA and now relegated to the level of a developmental series.

Yeah it WAS some of the finest racing, NHRA is doing it's damn-est to kill off the class.

I don’t think the blame for the state of the class lies completely with NHRA. The racers and sponsors of those racers share a lot of the blame.
Yes, NHRA let the class get out of control and completely away from the class’ original intention. But, the racers pushed for most of the changes.
I’ve said it before but, when NHRA allowed Grumpy to run a tube chassis in 1972, that was the beginning of the mess the class is in now. What factory hot rod has ever come with a tube chassis?
Yes, I can mention how Mopar was effectively legislated out of competition. But, Ford was as well.
When the weight breaks were in place, I loved how Bob Glidden absolutely dominated with his 351 Cleveland equipped cars. No matter how much weight was added, he still won. It got to the point his 351 Pinto had to weigh more than a 427 Camaro.
Then, the class went to its present format. Mopars had a few decent years but Fords were few and far between.
Pro Stock used to be my absolute favorite class.
As the saying goes, all good things must come to an end.
The class has run its course. It’s time to pull the plug. And I hate that.

Of course the racing is close in Pro Stock; they are all driving virtually identical cars.

IMHO "close racing" and "good racing" can be VERY different things, but again, that is just me, YMMV.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back