P/S full fields (2 Viewers)

Well anytime Ford or Chrysler wins NHRA kicks the in the nuts.....................

Both Glidden and AJ won championships (Glidden had a TON of them) under the 500", 2350# format and never saw a rule change because of it, soooooooooo..........................

Sean D

Since NHRA can’t force Ford and Chrysler to develop PS engines, anyone have any ideas? And don’t say the factory muscle cars, because, we have them in a few categories already. There are obviously people passionate enough and willing to do what it takes to keep PS alive, and let's face it, they really are badass race cars on every level, I don't believe it should go away. However, I don't have the answer as to what it will take to get the diversity of cars it once had.
Drop it as a pro class; move it into Competition Eliminator. Plenty of diversity in Comp! Yeah, the cars and technology is cool, but the all-Camaro show is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Move either FSS or Pro Mod to being a pro class instead. The average fan doesn't much care anyway about cars with doors. Just do something..... it's sad to see this once great class languishing.

Last edited:
Regarding Pro Mod, I love that class. But, I don't think we want it to be any more "professional" than it is. The only thing that will happen is it will get screwed up. How are we defining professional, having a 24 race schedule? This has been talked about, the reason we have 25-30 cars showing up is because a 12 race schedule is reasonable, if not ideal. The PM racers don't want the full pull.

Anyone using the all Camaro show comment forgets that a lot of the diversity disappeared with General Motors shutting down Pontiac and Oldsmobile. Ford hasn't been a factor in how long? It has been the General Motors show more often than not for 30 years. Pro stock is the closest most competive class right now. If you don't like it don't watch it.

I am just sad my MOPARS are all gone........................I like PS but there is nothing to watch anymore, for me. Pro Mod is becoming my go to class outside of nitro.

This is not in the spirit of what Pro Stock was founded on. Much like allowing the addition of delay boxes in the super classes they have ruined it.

like bruno's PS pit tech on sunday....talking about 30lb. carbon fiber body panels. and you wonder why no one wants to compete in this class.
unlimited spending has ruined it. like you need carbon fiber body panels to run PS.

Every manufacturer has a V-8 in production and just require tho old concept of the "body in white" with stock body shapes and your there! The fans are bored with what this has turned into and if they walk away while Pro Stock is running then why would the manufacturers be interested? Or any other sponsors for that matter.

Every manufacturer has a V-8 in production and just require tho old concept of the "body in white" with stock body shapes and your there! The fans are bored with what this has turned into and if they walk away while Pro Stock is running then why would the manufacturers be interested? Or any other sponsors for that matter.

This is how it all started, then Chrysler develops the HEMI and competitors start crying, then NHRA brings in weight breaks................
If you went to true production motors right now the same scenario would play out. one manufacture will have the dominant motor the others will whine then NHRA has to "level" the playing field...........and it starts all over again.

This is how it all started, then Chrysler develops the HEMI and competitors start crying, then NHRA brings in weight breaks................
If you went to true production motors right now the same scenario would play out. one manufacture will have the dominant motor the others will whine then NHRA has to "level" the playing field...........and it starts all over again.

You dont get it. Having manufactures competing in PS is what made it popular and what is needed now. Its a good problem to have when one manufacture dominates and others are complaining. Oh and you forgot to add when one manufacture cant make the hemi work they use NOS. just saying.

You dont get it. Having manufactures competing in PS is what made it popular and what is needed now. Its a good problem to have when one manufacture dominates and others are complaining. Oh and you forgot to add when one manufacture cant make the hemi work they use NOS. just saying.
You need to review your history. The alleged use of nitrous happened, not when the Hemi was dominating in the early ‘70s when the class was formed, but years later when the wedge engine was being used.
The Hemi had been effectively legislated out of PS for many years by that point.
The almighty Hemi didn’t need help to win. Rather, the GM contingent needed NHRA’s help to penalize the Hemi so they (GM) would stand a chance of winning.
And, no, it is not a good thing when one manufacturer dominates. It makes for extremely boring racing. Hence, the problem with the class today.

Still think any motor combo, 500 cubic inch limit, 4.90 bore, EFI or carbs, 10,500 limit. OEM part numbers, who cares, get rid of them. Same body rules as now, maybe a scoop with carbs. #2350 lbs and let them eat.

Hope it's Charlie Westcott.:)

Not sure, but I do remember Richard Freeman saying not too long ago that they plan on bringing a Ford out soon with a Chevy powerplant. I think he mentioned the favorable aerodynamics of the Mustang.

Not sure, but I do remember Richard Freeman saying not too long ago that they plan on bringing a Ford out soon with a Chevy powerplant. I think he mentioned the favorable aerodynamics of the Mustang.

I remember hearing the same thing, but didn't Bruno just say this past weekend that the Camaro had the lowest coefficient of drag of any of the Pro Stock bodies?

Sean D

Still think any motor combo, 500 cubic inch limit, 4.90 bore, EFI or carbs, 10,500 limit. OEM part numbers, who cares, get rid of them. Same body rules as now, maybe a scoop with carbs. #2350 lbs and let them eat.

Almost totally agree, except the bodies should be bodies in white from the manufacturer Challenger, Camaro, Mustang or any other body for that matter. Mild changes to fit slicks, hood scoops......

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back