1/4 mile or 1/8???? (1 Viewer)

Just saying, some racer shows up with his/her $100.000 s/c dragster with the BIG $$$ toter-home and trailer, and gets his/her hat handed to him 1st rd by a little BLUE 64 nova.:D :D

Just where was that "blue Nova" at the Million Dollar race at Memphis ???
The winner there pocketed $310,000 for the win is his dragster !!
No Nova's in sight......and they ran the 1/8th mile !!!
Thank Goodness for Ardmore,Noble,Cherokee County,Red River,Amarillo and the other quarter mile tracks.Especially No Problem in Louisiana a GREAT facility and crew !!

Thank Goodness for Ardmore,Noble,Cherokee County,Red River,Amarillo and the other quarter mile tracks.Especially No Problem in Louisiana a GREAT facility and crew !!

Your right, a dragster won the million, but a door car won the $10k race. Also, there were door cars deep into most of the other races as well. I would rather have a dragster though, I think they are more competitive on the average.

O.K. everyone. This is not a door car -vs- dragster discussion.
In fact, I am not really sure what the discussion is. There is a very small push to make all drag racing 1/8th mile, and then we get on and justify which one we like better. Then we get in arguments about our differences rather than looking at our similarites.
If all you have is an 1/8th mile facility, then run it. There is nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with a good race at an eighth and being a spectator.
When you have a good 1/4 mile facility, of course you are going to run 1/4 mile. Drive what you've got and like what you drive. It is all drag racing.
I guess what I am saying, if I wanted to hear full blown arguments over something so trivial, I would just spend time at home.

I think what Robert is getting at is that there are some big $$ racers that look down their noses at 1/8th mile tracks. Then when there is a high dollar race, they think they are going to come in and clean house when all of a sudden a local yokel with his beater puts them on the trailer. I don't think he was attacking dragsters per say.

Considering most of the fuel cars don't make it much past the 1/8th mile mark anyway, I'd just as soon see 1/8th mile race tracks.

I've made several hundred passes on drag (ET) bikes at 1/4 mile tracks in the late seventies to early eighties.

I enjoyed it immensely.

I also drove alky cars (F/C and TAD) at Gainesville (Hawleys) and for a partial season with a friend and his small block alky dragster. 1/4 mile runs.

Took time to get adjusted then comfortable, but it was also a tremendous experience.

I drove Ron's bracket dragster this past April at 411 Dragway outside of Knoxville (1/8 mile).

I had an absolute blast there and the locals and staff and owner and spectators were all great.

I had not driven down a dragstrip in 20 years, and never on a eigth mile facility.

Loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Some of you don't like it.

Good for you.

REX

Considering most of the fuel cars don't make it much past the 1/8th mile mark anyway, I'd just as soon see 1/8th mile race tracks.

You obviously haven't been to the races I have. This thread is taking on a high school rivalry mentality; "You guys suck......No you guys suck!:confused:

I feel like I've lost 50 IQ points for reading this entire thread! (and didn't have any to spare prior to the loss?)

Oh, my favorite color is blue. (can't wait to see what that starts here)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back