1000 Foot Drag Racing (1 Viewer)

Let's also make baseball a triangle with three bases, football 80 yards long & run a 90 Meter dash. Heck, while we are at it, let's have 6 day weeks, 45 minute lunch hours, 3 period basketball & football (Lakers still couldn't win,) 8 month gestation periods, and eleven inch rulers while we're at it.
Can you see my passion for the quarter-mile?

Let's also make baseball a triangle with three bases, football 80 yards long & run a 90 Meter dash. Heck, while we are at it, let's have 6 day weeks, 45 minute lunch hours, 3 period basketball & football (Lakers still couldn't win,) 8 month gestation periods, and eleven inch rulers while we're at it.
Can you see my passion for the quarter-mile?
...and none of them are going 330+mph.

I can't see spectators lining both sides of the track at a "National" from the1/8th mile on, which translates into fewer spectators. Why is it no one has mentioned how many races are won in the last 1/8th mile and sometimes in the last 200-300' feet? I am a quarter mile maniac.

Late....................Mitch

Why not? After all 2 x 4s are only 1-3/4” by 3-1/2”. If we still call the quarter mile, maybe nobody will notice….:rolleyes:

I think that picture of Bob was before they did the interview! :cool:

He must have drank it! ;)

Just kidding Bob tends to think outside the box I always look him up when I'm at the track Bob is a good guy! :D

I dont mind watching pro mods, outlaw 10.5's on the 1/8th mile. Matter of fact, I love the show the ADRL puts on. However, I do not like 1/8th mile fuel racing. And I would rather watch promods and everything else run 1/4th mile.

The reason for the push to 660/1000 ft racing is to save parts, cut down on the speeds, etc. Well to me, the guys will be tuning to optimal performance no matter where the finish line is so they will still have plenty of oildowns and whatever.

As for safety, honestly I dont think there's a difference at hitting a wall at 280mph than 330mph. It still sucks and could end your life.

I'm all for making these cars safer and the show better, but this isint the answer. I dont know what is either, but I know this isint it. Would I go? Ofcourse, b/c I love NHRA drag racing but it wouldnt be the same. It would be like Houston this year when JFR wasnt there.

Not 6' 230 Lb white guys like me!:p
Here we go again with the white guys high jumping? I can't wait for Greg Moon to jump in again with his price of tea in china response.
Joe, Buzzz is 6'4" and weighed 210 when jumping 7' a number of times while Dave was only 6'3" and 185 when he cleared it.

.......The reason for the push to 660/1000 ft racing is to save parts, cut down on the speeds, etc. Well to me, the guys will be tuning to optimal performance no matter where the finish line is so they will still have plenty of oildowns and whatever...........

I think Justin hit the nail on the head right here. You all know as well as I if they go to 1000 feet, or worse yet, an 1/8 mile, the crew chiefs will just rise to the challenge, and lean on the combinations even harder because "Hey, since we're only going a thousand feet, we can wring more out of this baby now.!!"

Burk's been pushing to both shorten the strip itself, and the show overall for some time now. He's getting to be a tired, jaded writer who wants to get home sooner on Sunday. I think he even suggested cutting national events to two days once.

There's plenty of good 1/8 mile strips out there for those who like that kind of action. Leave the 1/4 mile alone.

My $0.02

1,000' is a band aid. If there is a problem, fix it. There are many ways to mechanically tame down the fuel cars. And, yes, this (1,000') was considered, officially, by NHRA back in the 80's. Carl Olsen, then VP of NHRA, got more mail than he could open, and it was almost all against the idea. It is just silly.

Ok boys I was just kidding, I told bob this morning I could start some S*** with this one. I like all 1320 but he does have some valid points :D
Keep it clean Kevin :p

Here we go again with the white guys high jumping? I can't wait for Greg Moon to jump in again with his price of tea in china response.
Joe, Buzzz is 6'4" and weighed 210 when jumping 7' a number of times while Dave was only 6'3" and 185 when he cleared it.

Bobby I was Joking! In High school when I weighed just 195 I could dunk a BB pretty easily, but I could also squat close to 350 Lbs. I never tried High jump but I did throw the Javelin 205' and finished 2nd in State!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back