1/4 mile or 1/8???? (1 Viewer)

1/8 Mile would be great for LEGAL STREET racing...

.... I did a little research a couple years ago on the possibility/feasability of a "Get illegal street racing shut down" program- (i.e. Shut down a public road or large parking lot) It was a lot easier to talk 1/8th mile for safety and availability of venue basis than to try to go 1/4 mile.
It never got beyond basic research but, in an area we have to drive a couple hours for ANY Drag Racing, it seems that a local 1/8 mile would be waaaay better than the best faraway 1/4.

I actually think the 1/16 mile racing in that video could be a good thing. Bring drag racing closer to the general public instead of making them travel out of town to a track.

Sounds like something one of the organizations should be doing. Educate people on how bracket racing really works and that anyone can win with a combination of judging their car better and reaction times. I'm sure most of the general public still thinks that any kind of drag racing just involves trying to outspend the other person to go faster. Would be a good think for a company to sponsor, too.

Last edited:
I say lets go the other way...1/2 mile tracks. Would bring about a whole new way of thinking when it comes to engine longevity.

Think NHRA's insurance company might get excited?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back