Would new Speedway pay off for (Bruton) Smith? (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

Most people.. look at the suroundings.. most can handel a certin amount of noise... but.... if the barrier that was there for years... that limited the noise is now completely gone.... and the new source of noise is brought rightto your back door .. you have the right to complain..... specialy when its beeing moved to your back yard wiht out proper permission form the city/county....

if you bought a house 2 miles form an airport.. and had no problem with the noise.. things are fine .. you know what you got... but if they deciede to lengthen the runway to within 100 yards of your house you have the right to complain....

all this could have been avoided .. if they had made the statement that they were going to put some sound barriers back in place.... that they REMOVED.. to help disapate the noise .. the "Do what i want" mentality came back to cause problems....

plant a few trees... or put up a line of the concrete highway sound barriers (which realy don't work) .. would have kept everyone nice and happy.... and all could have been avoided.. you know commen sense stuff... since NO commen sense has been used by anyone actualy involved with this situation on eihter side it adds to he possiblity it was ploy to get better tax incentives or a reason to move.. with out making stock holder mad.... Begin force to move is a better explanation for spending money to stock holders than .. i just want to....

Bruton might have said he has the money to spend to move.. but i would bet 90% of the money comes form the company stock holders investments and profits... why spend your own money when you can spend someone elses..... something Bruton did once before and got him fired form the old Charolotte Motor Speedway....and once the accountants came in and looked at the books the only way out was to file for bankruptcy.. which Bruton who had made money from the first go around bought the stock ..he sold.. out for pennies on the dollar.....

Billy

Last edited:
if you bought a house 2 miles form an airport.. and had no problem with the noise.. things are fine .. you know what you got... but if they deciede to lengthen the runway to within 100 yards of your house you have the right to complain....Billy

I say you would have NO right to complain. The only reason people buy houses near race tracks, railroad tracks, gun clubs, airports, etc is because they got a good deal on the house.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back