Bruton Smith's Daughter injured in single vehicle accident (1 Viewer)

He asked me if I knew what was the leading cause of car accidents other than texting and drinking? I almost fell over when he told me. He said it was PAINTING YOUR TOE NAILS WHILE DRIVING!!! I couldn't believe it.Dave

We used to have an older, eccentric PhD engineer (aren't all PhD's eccentric?:) ) who was seen on multiple occasions driving to work while eating and shaving - by holding a bare double-edged blade!:eek: Somehow he survived to retire....

I sure was hoping that this wasn't the case for this incident. I hope that she will come away from this with the knowledge that she has been granted another chance, and that daddy's money is not the reason. I'm hoping that this will be the incident that causes her to change this behavior. What a shame...

Revoked license? How exactly was she planning on getting her Top Fuel license? :confused:

As my cousin would say
"Intresting...verrrry...interrrrreeeesssstttttiiiinnngg"

Not that it did any good, I emailed NHRA the other day as they still had her news story up. I saw later that they added that she had been in an accident, then they took it off the front page.

Not that it did any good, I emailed NHRA the other day as they still had her news story up. I saw later that they added that she had been in an accident, then they took it off the front page.

Not a very good thing to have a 'conduct detrimental to the sport of drag racing' on your license before you even get passed tech.

Not a very good thing to have a 'conduct detrimental to the sport of drag racing' on your license before you even get passed tech.
yeah i am thinking the same thing there Ninji. Sad how you go from the penthouse... To the 'what article' reaction from the corp website because the PR could be bad for the sport. Oh well, there is always nascar.
Hope things work out for her personal life.

I sure was hoping that this wasn't the case for this incident. I hope that she will come away from this with the knowledge that she has been granted another chance, and that daddy's money is not the reason. I'm hoping that this will be the incident that causes her to change this behavior. What a shame...

Very good post. People that live in glass houses..........
Hopefully she will learn from this and not do it again. If everyone could claim that fame, there would be less fatalities on the road.

I am so glad to hear she is doing better and sad that she was driving under the influence, but, man, did you get a load of some of those heartless comments on that newspaper article? Wow, some people are just flat out jackasses!

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery, Anna Lisa, and I sure hope you learned a valuable lesson. You are so lucky to have a second chance.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I really don't care. Let's look at the facts, or the facts as we know them right now. Driving while intoxicated on a revoked license. Not wearing her seatbelt. Just a bunch of good natured fun? Something we all did as kids? Give me a break. Even as an irresponsible, reckless kid, I was smarter than that.

Gee, let's pick her up, dust her off and tell her that everything will be OK. Don't worry about it, no one got hurt besides yourself. Is all this empathy just because a couple of weeks ago she was the next rising star on the NHRA top fuel circuit? Are we that desperate for new heroes? What would you be saying if she had plowed head first into a car full of your loved ones and killed a couple of them?

In my humble estimation, this sounds like a spoiled rich kid who's been coddled and protected all her life. Who drives drunk on a revoked license? That's just plain stupidity, or maybe just the ultimate in arrogance.

Of course I'm sorry that she's hurt and in the hospital. I'm a parent, I have kids of my own. I hope for a speedy recovery for her. Once healed, she has a lot of growing up to do. I hope they throw the book at her, maybe it will teach her a lesson. That type of irresponsible behavior should not be condoned. Of course I'm sure that Daddy will get her off without any repercussions.

I would hope that anyone else who's suffered at the hands of a drunk driver would agree. Flame suit on.

\I would hope that anyone else who's suffered at the hands of a drunk driver would agree. Flame suit on.

I agree. Reading the first article, I wasn't aware that she didn't even have a state issued driving license. It certainly puts a new perspective on it.

My initial reaction was that she'd be great for the sport, but now...not so much.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I really don't care. Let's look at the facts, or the facts as we know them right now. Driving while intoxicated on a revoked license. Not wearing her seatbelt. Just a bunch of good natured fun? Something we all did as kids? Give me a break. Even as an irresponsible, reckless kid, I was smarter than that.

Gee, let's pick her up, dust her off and tell her that everything will be OK. Don't worry about it, no one got hurt besides yourself. Is all this empathy just because a couple of weeks ago she was the next rising star on the NHRA top fuel circuit? Are we that desperate for new heroes? What would you be saying if she had plowed head first into a car full of your loved ones and killed a couple of them?

In my humble estimation, this sounds like a spoiled rich kid who's been coddled and protected all her life. Who drives drunk on a revoked license? That's just plain stupidity, or maybe just the ultimate in arrogance.

Of course I'm sorry that she's hurt and in the hospital. I'm a parent, I have kids of my own. I hope for a speedy recovery for her. Once healed, she has a lot of growing up to do. I hope they throw the book at her, maybe it will teach her a lesson. That type of irresponsible behavior should not be condoned. Of course I'm sure that Daddy will get her off without any repercussions.

I would hope that anyone else who's suffered at the hands of a drunk driver would agree. Flame suit on.

I agree, Remember Rob Moroso he never got another chance, And that killed Dick. IMHO

Well at least you didn't get judgemental...............I hear that job is already taken :)

Good memory there Harry, thats an incident from my past as well. I worked for Moroso when all that happened with Rob. He was a special talent that had the world ahead of him. I liken his abilities to that of Jeff Gordon or Carl Edwards. He had the looks, the talent and the right lineage to be a force in NASCAR and it all went away in an instant. The upside of that is that his brother Rick took note and turned his life around, now owns and runs the company and is a family man and racing supporter as well as a contestant.

Everyone should try and garner some good out of this, teach your children that bad stuff happens to ALL people and make them aware that there ARE consequences for their actions.....and success is also a consequence of actions as much as failure....RIP Rob Moroso

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back