3 injured in accident at Ohio Valley Dragway (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
Three people have been hurt what is being called a major accident with serious injuries at the Ohio Valley Dragway.

MetroSafe tells WAVE 3 that track officials made the emergency call reporting the accident at 8:10 p.m. The drag racing track is located at 632 Katherine Station Road near the Hardin-Jefferson County line.

WAVE 3's David Williams has learned from Terry Huff, the track manager, that the accident happened in the burnout area of the track. Huff said the driver of a dragster suffered a medical condition. The dragster hit then a member of its pit crew and a crew member from another team.

According to Huff, the dragster was going at a very slow speed at the time of the accident.

All three of the injured have been brought to University Hospital in downtown Louisville for treatment. The driver was transported by medical helicopter; the two crew members were brought in by EMS ground ambulances.

The names of those injured and their conditions has not been released.

3 injured in accident at Ohio Valley Dragway - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

A real shame! You never like to hear about stuff like this. Thoughts and prayers to the afflicted, their families,friends and all those effected by this tragic event. Hoping for a positive outcome for all parties.

:(

This is a real tragedy and prayers go out to all involved.......BUT I know for a fact that there are people out there with medical conditions that should NOT be driving RACECARS

This is a real tragedy and prayers go out to all involved.......BUT I know for a fact that there are people out there with medical conditions that should NOT be driving RACECARS

Obviously the condition went undetected during the physical exam REQUIRED every two years in order to keep an NHRA license.

I know of a senior who drives a 150mph SS car who will not get a defibrillator implanted (although he fits the criteria for one) because then he will not pass the NHRA competition license physical. So much for your safegaurds,Randy

I know of a senior who drives a 150mph SS car who will not get a defibrillator implanted (although he fits the criteria for one) because then he will not pass the NHRA competition license physical. So much for your safegaurds,Randy

not really sure how you can blame safegaurds on that. Unless you expect NHRA to send an official with everyone or spy on them. At some point you have to expect people to have common sense and respect themselves and others enough to do what is right

Wonder how many Louisville city council members will be advocating shutting down OVD the next time they meet. :(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back