Bruton Smith's Daughter injured in single vehicle accident (1 Viewer)

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I really don't care. Let's look at the facts, or the facts as we know them right now. Driving while intoxicated on a revoked license. Not wearing her seatbelt. Just a bunch of good natured fun? Something we all did as kids? Give me a break. Even as an irresponsible, reckless kid, I was smarter than that.

Gee, let's pick her up, dust her off and tell her that everything will be OK. Don't worry about it, no one got hurt besides yourself. Is all this empathy just because a couple of weeks ago she was the next rising star on the NHRA top fuel circuit? Are we that desperate for new heroes? What would you be saying if she had plowed head first into a car full of your loved ones and killed a couple of them?

In my humble estimation, this sounds like a spoiled rich kid who's been coddled and protected all her life. Who drives drunk on a revoked license? That's just plain stupidity, or maybe just the ultimate in arrogance.

Of course I'm sorry that she's hurt and in the hospital. I'm a parent, I have kids of my own. I hope for a speedy recovery for her. Once healed, she has a lot of growing up to do. I hope they throw the book at her, maybe it will teach her a lesson. That type of irresponsible behavior should not be condoned. Of course I'm sure that Daddy will get her off without any repercussions.

I would hope that anyone else who's suffered at the hands of a drunk driver would agree. Flame suit on.

Couldn't agree more...my cousin was killed by a drunk driver. I have no sympathy of them.

You know, Vince, I do tend to agree with you. We have a case here in Houston where a State Judge's daughter was drunk (3x's legal limit) plowed into the rear of a truck and killed her passenger, who was her boyfriend, who was also blasted and was hanging out the window as she struck the truck. She only got an 8 year sentence that was reduced to 4 MONTHS probation. And, like that is not good enough, she has now filed suit again the truck driver that SHE rear-ended to recover damages for her car and "unspecified" damages for the death of her boyfriend and his parents have joined her in this lawsuit. The thinking of the "entitled" never cease to amaze me. Just to weird for words!

Nice post Vince...

I've tried not to post to this one... sorry she got hurt.. thankfull no one else was hurt or worse do to her actions... but i have seen it before.... NO .. they don't learn.... Daddys money always get them out.. they go at it again.... (not just this one..but others as well...)

I was hired to work for a company in Atlanta... after a couple years the guy i worked for i found out.. had 6 DUI's.. no liscence.. and was involved in a serious wreck that caused severe injurys... all he ever got was community service... his dad never helped him after the first one....but his dads name and stature in the community got him off....... His drinking ran a multi million dollar company in the ground.. and cost many of us in ways i can't begin to explain.... he still can't get a liscence but still drives to this day.. and gets away with it all the time....

Billy

PS... Rob Moroso was a great kid.... real loss to the world.. not just racing world.. he actualy made that one mistake and had no chance to learn from it... Jack Pennington .... and old friend of mine ..was his rookie rival that year.. and elected not to race the last races so Rob got the Rookie title... Jack thought the world of him too....

Last edited:
Not sure how much this has to do with "daddy's money". There are millions of stories of people without money who continue to drink and drive, and drive without a license, and get in accidents, and kill people or themselves.

You know, Vince, I do tend to agree with you. We have a case here in Houston where a State Judge's daughter was drunk (3x's legal limit) plowed into the rear of a truck and killed her passenger, who was her boyfriend, who was also blasted and was hanging out the window as she struck the truck. She only got an 8 year sentence that was reduced to 4 MONTHS probation. And, like that is not good enough, she has now filed suit again the truck driver that SHE rear-ended to recover damages for her car and "unspecified" damages for the death of her boyfriend and his parents have joined her in this lawsuit. The thinking of the "entitled" never cease to amaze me. Just to weird for words!

WHHHATT!?!?!:eek: Thats just ridiculous!!

Makes me think of something that happened in our county...guy killed this lady as her young daughter saw, fled to Mexico, few years later he was caught. They bring him all the way back to WA and in the end, he pleads guilty, is sentenced, gets credit for time served, and goes back to Mexico. Took someone's life and he basically gets NO punishment.

There has to be a reason why Smith's license was revoked and most likely it was DUI, thats the main reason your license gets revoked in the first place. I'm just glad she didn't injure anyone else.

The trucking company I'm contracted to, if you EVER get one ticket for parking on an on or off ramp shoulder, your leased is automatically canceled. If you're illegally parked, a drunk rear ends you, and a lawyer gets ahold of it?

I remember a lawsuit years ago. A woman lost control of her mini van on an icy road, running into a truck that was traveling on the same road. The lawsuit claimed that the truck shouldn't have been there due to the road conditions!

I'm in agreement with the majority on the DUI. I disagree with disrespecting her just because her family has money and that she's simply able to decide to start driving a nitro car. I wish affording it wasn't an issue for anyone who wanted to.

DUI at age 25? Nope. I agree that it shouldn't happen at any age but, the only reason it does in this country is because there's some strange permissiveness with alcohol that isn't there for other drugs. You know if you take one life "accidentally" while driving drunk, then intentionally take another during a holdup in the same town, there's going to be two different sentences. I've said for years that, IMO, drunk driving should be treated the same as attempted murder.

I remember a cousin of mine who got into law enforcement when he was younger, giving me some weird, stupid warning about how he would be going after some of my friends for pot. The guy's an alcoholic! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've said for years that, IMO, drunk driving should be treated the same as attempted murder.

I would tend to agree but only if there's an accident, otherwise, they just got lucky.

I also contend that people with a record of drunk driving should not be allowed to drive anything bigger than a Chevy Cobalt. The drunks usually aren't the ones that get hurt! It's the people that they hit! I don't want somebody who's just downed a six pack running out to their Dodge Ramcharger and tooling down the highway.

There's a woman who's friends with my mom, and she's come over here frequently drunk and carrying a bag with more beer. In one such case, I told her if she was going to visit, she'd have to give me the bag or I wouldn't let her in the gates.

There's a woman who's friends with my mom, and she's come over here frequently drunk and carrying a bag with more beer. In one such case, I told her if she was going to visit, she'd have to give me the bag or I wouldn't let her in the gates.

I've said for years that, IMO, drunk driving should be treated the same as attempted murder.

Your mom's friend is just one head bob away from potentially killing someone Ninji, and since she is loaded coming down YOUR road, the potential that it could be YOUR niece, nephew, godson, brother or parent mutiplies that expotentially... The hell with taking away the bag, young lady- call the sherriff and teach her a lesson.. :mad:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back