Bruton Smith's Daughter injured in single vehicle accident (1 Viewer)

Hopes and prayers to the Smith family, they are racers, and as such are part of all of our extended families. I have a 22 yr old son and am thankful everyday that I have never rec'd the kind of phone call about my son that the Smith family rec'd. Keep them all in your thoughts and prayers.

As a father myself, the thought of my little girl being thrown out of her car at 2am and lying in a pasture for 3 hours actually makes me sick to my stomach. My thoughts are with Mr Smith. My prayers are with a fellow (currently) licenced 4a driver Anna to make a speedy recovery.
Anna, if you happen to read this, let this incident Inspire you to reach you goal, not scare or hinder you. I am willing to bet a phone call to a certain 'LADY OF THE NHRA' could help you if you need it. I believe she has been down that same road. She posts here from time to time, and has a really cool website. Something to do with horsepower and heels:)

This happened right outside my neighborhood. Anna Lisa seems to have dodged a bullet. Last night was rather warm after several weeks of very cold nights. Judging from the damage, the road turned and she didn't. The stretch she was on is very dark and if you don't know the road the curve will sneak up on you fast. Luckily she crashed in to a horse pasture instead of the stand of tree on the other side of the road.

Last report I heard she was in serious but stable condition with no life threatening injuries. She and her family will be in our prayers.

As a father myself, the thought of my little girl being thrown out of her car at 2am and lying in a pasture for 3 hours actually makes me sick to my stomach. My thoughts are with Mr Smith.

Ditto!!!

The father connection strikes true, It would make me sick to think of any of my 3 girls laying in that pasture, not knowing if she were going to live or die.

Best wishes to her on a speedy and complete recovery, her new adventure in racing is only a few weeks away!!

"D"

This happened right outside my neighborhood. Anna Lisa seems to have dodged a bullet. Last night was rather warm after several weeks of very cold nights. Judging from the damage, the road turned and she didn't. The stretch she was on is very dark and if you don't know the road the curve will sneak up on you fast. Luckily she crashed in to a horse pasture instead of the stand of tree on the other side of the road.

Last report I heard she was in serious but stable condition with no life threatening injuries. She and her family will be in our prayers.

Unless the person who called the police was somehow unable to (disabled, etc), I don't understand someone calling about wreckage debris without stopping and getting out to look around, themselves. What if someone's lying there bleeding to death and all they need is pressure applied to stop it?

in the dark at 5 AM, probably all they saw was a few small pieces on the road ..

good to hear the injuries are not life threatening.

God bless that girl, it sounds like she layed in that pasture for hours before she was found, very lucky to be alive. Hopefully she will fully recover.

That is for sure. A lot of places right now she would have died of hypothermia or exposure. Must have been a warmer night

Here is a little update - nothing about her condition, but they had to add that she had pending speeding and driving with license revoked issues. I sure hope that the recovers soon!

Track owner's daughter was ejected in one-vehicle wreck
By Cleve R. Wootson Jr.
The Charlotte Observer
Thursday, Dec. 11, 2008
The daughter of racing mogul Bruton Smith was taken to the hospital after she was ejected from her car during a wreck in Huntersville, N.C., Wednesday morning.

Anna Lisa Smith, 26, who had plans to become a drag racer, was the only person involved in the 5:10 a.m. wreck, according to police. She was in serious condition at Carolinas Medical Center on Wednesday.

Huntersville police got a call about debris on Gilead Road just off Beatties Ford Road near Lake Norman early Wednesday. When officers got there, they found Smith's car about 200 feet off the road. She had been ejected, and was found about 40 feet away from where the car came to rest.

Huntersville police have not said anything about the cause of the crash, which is still under investigation.

Anna Smith's father is chairman of Speedway Motorsports, which operates racing facilities in several states, including Lowe's Motor Speedway in Concord.

According to dragracingonline.com, Anna Lisa Smith planned to drive for a NHRA Top Fuel team with veteran Roy Hill.

At the time of the wreck, she was pending trial on September charges of speeding and driving while her license was revoked. Cleve R. Wootson Jr.

Here is a little update - nothing about her condition, but they had to add that she had pending speeding and driving with license revoked issues. I sure hope that the recovers soon!

Number one, i hope she gets better.
Number two......uh, well, um, ok that last part in the article does not sound very good at all. Get ready for the big can of worms to open up. Some times i just hate NEWS.

Here's wishing only the best for Anna Lisa and the Smith family.

Kind of stops you in your tracks... When I first saw the thread subject I assumed it was a smart-ass spoof...

Are there any recent updates as to how she's doing this weekend? Never met her, but I certainly hope she's resting and recovering.

Let this be another reminder....Wear your seatbelt!

From YellowBullet.com......

Burnout box

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP
Yep, I heard that too. She'd be lying there 4 hours.
Any word on her condition?

I heard from a friend who was at the hospital that she finally responded yesterday and opened her eyes and wriggled her toes on command. This is a good sign.

Rumor has it she was text messaging when the accident happened. She's a great gal. It's just a terrible shame this happened to her. It looks like she's going to pull out of it, though. Lots of rehab ahead I think.

This is a shame and I do hope she recovers. As far as the texting while driving, this sh*t has got to stop. I am so sick of seeing what people do while they drive besides driving. I'm sorry but I don't know what the big deal is with this stupid texting. Maybe I'm just getting old, but what is the point? You have a cell phone and you want to talk to somebody; call them. A few months ago, I was talking to this guy and we were discussing this very subject. He asked me if I knew what was the leading cause of car accidents other than texting and drinking? I almost fell over when he told me. He said it was PAINTING YOUR TOE NAILS WHILE DRIVING!!! I couldn't believe it. Hopefully when she does recover, she can maybe help spread the word about what can happen when you text whle driving.

Dave

I certainly hope that BRAKES will help spread the word about texting while driving. I see people doing it all the time and I just can't believe it! They are all over the road worse than a drunk driver!

This is a shame and I do hope she recovers. As far as the texting while driving, this sh*t has got to stop. I am so sick of seeing what people do while they drive besides driving. I'm sorry but I don't know what the big deal is with this stupid texting. Maybe I'm just getting old, but what is the point? You have a cell phone and you want to talk to somebody; call them. A few months ago, I was talking to this guy and we were discussing this very subject. He asked me if I knew what was the leading cause of car accidents other than texting and drinking? I almost fell over when he told me. He said it was PAINTING YOUR TOE NAILS WHILE DRIVING!!! I couldn't believe it. Hopefully when she does recover, she can maybe help spread the word about what can happen when you text whle driving.

Dave

I blame Mr. Bean.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back