Concord reverses stance on drag strip (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

Concord City Council members voted unanimously Thursday night to ask staff to come up with tax incentives package for the $60 million drag strip project and for improvements speedway owner Bruton Smith has floated for the race track.

This is classic.

Bruton: I'm building a Drag Strip

Concord: No you're not

Bruton: Ok, I'm moving LMS to another town, and here is my lawyers business card.

Concord: How much tax incentive do you want to build the dragstrip and stay here?

Unless I am reading it wrong.. Bruton must have had the town's number with regards to a lawsuit. Not only are they "reconsidering" the dragstrip, but now they are going to give him a tax incentive to build it?

He's got "balls as big as church bells!"

This is classic.

Bruton: I'm building a Drag Strip

Concord: No you're not

Bruton: Ok, I'm moving LMS to another town, and here is my lawyers business card.

Concord: How much tax incentive do you want to build the dragstrip and stay here?

Unless I am reading it wrong.. Bruton must have had the town's number with regards to a lawsuit. Not only are they "reconsidering" the dragstrip, but now they are going to give him a tax incentive to build it?

He's got "balls as big as church bells!"

If by "had the town's number" you mean, they don't hae enough money to fight him, you'd be right. :D;)

too bad NASCAR failed in Staten Island. Not that I ever lived there. I never would. They would rather have the largest landfill on earth viewable from space. Now that its closed they have nothing but rows of depressing ticky tack attached housing. We need Bruton up here.

I'm gonna start going over there every couple of weeks to see the progress, I am gonna be 20 miles from the best state of the art track in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have been waiting on this for 15 years!

My buddy who works for MBE Cylinder Heads in N.C. has been out here this week. He told me that Bruton's crews never stopped working on site of the new dragstrip.

What's that tell about the determination of the man!

I mentioned this when it was first announced that NHRA was adding a 24th race. When I was in Vegas the Dec. before the First Vegas Natl. event 4 months later, I was skeptical as to "IF" the track would get done!

Not only was the place finished, it was awesome! Bruton will No doubt get this thing done! I'm curious as to how the design will look? Vegas, Sonoma or Bristol???

My buddy who works for MBE Cylinder Heads in N.C. has been out here this week. He told me that Bruton's crews never stopped working on site of the new dragstrip.

What's that tell about the determination of the man!

I ask Berserko about this and here was his answer.

"When the decision was made on Oct. 1st Bruton pulled every piece of construction equipment off the site. I was just up there and it's a ghost town. After the City Council meeting Oct. 24th look out. "

Bobby

Maybe the 60 million is a way to get some money on the tax books to write off before the new proposed tax laws kick in...

For those that don't know... in the past if any motorsports facility made up-grades or new additions or high priced maintance ...they were allowed to write off the exspences... not all at once but over a min of 7 years or more.... that is about to change to a 30 year min stretch.... which means no one will see the benifits of the tax write-offs... and could hurt their bottom line finances... and lead to some facilities closing...

Billy

Have you seen Bruton's bank account balance? Even God himself doesn't have enough money to pay the lawyers Bruton can.

Well David, your right about one thing. GOD has no money, none. He won't ask you how much money you have, he'll want to know how you helped out your fellow man. He places no value on money, as we all will see on judgement day! Money, the root of all evil, it creates greed, which in turn creates self-centeredness! Read it for yourself, it's in the good book.

Ok......everyone that still thinks he bluffing, hold up your hand!!

Ok.......everyone that held up their hand, how much would YOU be willing to bet, bluff, or banter :D:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back