SMI/ mr smith/nhra (1 Viewer)

Rick Rzepka

Nitro Member
i was listening to sirius speedway today and lee spencer from foxsports.com mentioned the new charlotte dragway has a 34,000 sqf administative office? she said that seems kinda big for one dragway? she said she feels bruton will buy the nhra and move its headquarters to charlotte n.c.
heck i was just happy to hear a nascar channel talikn nhra..lolol:)

I just posted in the Lounge about Bruton's track in Fort Worth having a classic muscle car and Custom Hot Rod show in association with his fall Nascar Race.
It's OK he is stealing our thunder with our straight line heritage at a circle track! I Approve !
The music will be Blues and dedicated to Stevie Ray Vaughn!
That can't be bad.

Also, they may have outgrown the Speedway Club offices over the years at Lowe's Motor Speedway. Another option, Bruton may use if for some of his offices with his Sonic Automotive Corp.

I'm surprised Lee Spencer had anything else to speak of besides Jimmie Johnson. The usually her M.O.? :D:D

3-4-2008..bruton speaks again....suites sold out? 40! dude is serious.......

Q: Switching subjects for a minute, you're a big fan of drag racing and have said in the past you had an interest in possibly buying the NHRA [National Hot Rod Association, which runs the top professional drag-racing league]. Are you still interested in the NHRA? And have you made any sort of unsolicicted proposal to buy it?

Smith: I think that might come around again. I'm always interested in that. I'm always interested in an opportunity. ... But we certainly don't want to pay too much. I think your question is, 'Am I interested in buying it?' Yes, I am. But price is the key.

Q: How's the new drag strip you're building in Charlotte going?

Smith: Wide open and belly to the ground. It's going just great. Most of the suites are already sold. That surprised me, that they would go that quick. I think there are 40 of 'em

this track is gonna be awesome!:)

new race has already upstaged the nationals?.......
without a completed facility!

I'm glad to see the good old boys recognizing a good thing. NHRA is a great event!

All I can say is you have not been dragracin' until you go 1/8 mile good old boy style. Crazy .. Just plain Crazy.. Southern boys like small tire big BIG motor cars. I got family in GA around the Macon area. Got to be 4 tracks running "run what ya brung" three times a week. Warm weather and drag racing about 4 nights a week. Drag racing heaven. :)

All I can say is you have not been dragracin' until you go 1/8 mile good old boy style. Crazy .. Just plain Crazy.. Southern boys like small tire big BIG motor cars. I got family in GA around the Macon area. Got to be 4 tracks running "run what ya brung" three times a week. Warm weather and drag racing about 4 nights a week. Drag racing heaven. :)

im jealous! cold here now! nicest track 3 hours away (US 131)....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

Also, they may have outgrown the Speedway Club offices over the years at Lowe's Motor Speedway. Another option, Bruton may use if for some of his offices with his Sonic Automotive Corp.

Bruton runs Sonic from a small office in one of his 160+ dealerships :)eek:) in Charlotte. That 34,000 square feet will be perfect for NHRA after Bruton boots all of those overpaid suits! - :D

Bruton runs Sonic from a small office in one of his 160+ dealerships :)eek:) in Charlotte. That 34,000 square feet will be perfect for NHRA after Bruton boots all of those overpaid suits! - :D

Ding ding ding:D

S/F
D

In the interest of saving time............Let this post take care of:

1) The "be careful what you wish for" post
2) The "what makes you think Bruton would be better than what we have?" post
3) And finally, the "it will never happen" post

There......doesn' that feel better :D:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back