When your brain just can’t function - Larry Mcbride 5.507 at 264.95mph!!! (1 Viewer)

Does anyone know why they start the bike with Larry on it as opposed to how the NHRA guys start theirs with the rider off the bike?
Good question... I would think his bike is a grenade also but Larry's is an inline 4 not a Harley v twin. Also, A question, Do they hand crank these engines backwards like the big show fuelers to get the fuel out of the cylinders before starting them?

Top 5 nutcase mechanical/engineers that are complete badasses in last 150 years: (up for and welcome to discussion)

#5- nicolai tesla
#4-j robert oppenheimer
#3-theodore judah
#2-norm drazy/steve leach/ leahy
#1- the mcbride brothers

im biased clearly..but man spider man and his brother are crazy awesome...job well done to rider crew chief and crew

(side note...if you dont know 3-5...google them...amazing stories)

Dale Armstrong. Half the stuff he wanted to do was outlawed.

half the stuff armstong came up with was coils ideas that coil told armstrong in confidence when force was broke ...and bernstien had the money to throw at it to make it happen..ala the multi stage clutch cannon...armstrong was...well im not gonna disparage a deceased man but armstrongs actions at the 2000 test at firebird led me to shot put a brand new pos mac tool 24" torque wrench into firebird lake...over the entirety of chuck etchelles semi...so take it as you will

Does anyone know why they start the bike with Larry on it as opposed to how the NHRA guys start theirs with the rider off the bike?
its a rule for nhra.its incase the head blow off on startup,the rider also wear a kevlar vest.for the same reason.

Good question... I would think his bike is a grenade also but Larry's is an inline 4 not a Harley v twin. Also, A question, Do they hand crank these engines backwards like the big show fuelers to get the fuel out of the cylinders before starting them?

Last thing we do before going up to the line is run them over with fuel off to clear the fuel from the system.
We do not need to back them down like the Twins do.
We unlike the twin,s do not start the inlines on a stand, they are already on the ground.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back