Larry Spiderman Mcbride Jaw Dropper... (1 Viewer)

mike

Nitro Member
I know there are a few fans of the two wheel fullers on here. This is just simply "WOW"

From Jack Korpela's Cycle Drag Report

McBride Runs Quickest Ever Pass in Valdosta

Larry "Spiderman" McBride recorded the quickest dragbike run of all-time with a jaw-dropping 5.79 to defeat Tom Perry in the finals of the AMA Dragbike B&B Nationals from Valdosta, Ga.

It marks the first time any dragbike racer has reached the 5.70-zone, and surpasses McBride's teammate Jimmy Brantley's former record of 5.80 from the 2006 World Finals in Gainesville, Fla.

McBride's incremental on the record setting run were as follows - 60-foot 1.00, 330' 2.58, 1/8 3.80 at 196 mph and 235 mph at the finish line.

More to come soon.

Congrats to the Mcbrides, Larry, Kathy and Steve. 5.79 on two wheels... Mind Boggling

I have seen alot of passes down the drag strip in my life thru all kinds of different cars and classes but the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed in person was Larry "Spiderman" McBride back 5 years or so ago at Houston when he became the first in the fives.* He carried the wheels till about 1000 ft and had about a 3 ft flame shooting out from behind him.* I thought he was totally nuts (still do actually!).* Thats hauling it.

I have seen alot of passes down the drag strip in my life thru all kinds of different cars and classes but the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed in person was Larry "Spiderman" McBride back 5 years or so ago at Houston when he became the first in the fives.* He carried the wheels till about 1000 ft and had about a 3 ft flame shooting out from behind him.* I thought he was totally nuts (still do actually!).* Thats hauling it.
I was there too Justin, it was really amazing, and over 240 mph too. The front tire smoked at the traps when it finally touched down..............

Holy cow, that's amazing. That 60 ft time is just incredible, I had no idea he launched that hard! :eek: Congrats, Larry!

It's one thing to be in a seat for a 1.00 60' time, but hangin on to handlebars?

Dudes packing some really big brass right there!!!
Congrats on the 5.79!

"D"

I believe your referring to his 5.89@243 pass? That was voted run of the year!;)

From the first ever 5...

IMG_6271.jpg

Man, I cant believe that was 1999. It only seems like a few years ago. But, I remember that run like I just saw it. And I talked to Larry afterwards and he's a really nice guy. I'd love it if NHRA brought him back just as an exhibition. I rather watch him than jet cars or wheelstanders.

Other than a little nostalgia, NHRA really doesn't run exhibition vehicles very much at all any more. Larry was talking to Graham Light at the VA race in 2006 about bringing the TF bikes back to NHRA, but apparently nothing came of it.....Larry and Graham

The first 5 second pass at Houston

The 5.99 scoreboard

Hey Dave, you got me too but you cant tell. If you look at the end of the bleacher, 3rd row up you'll see a fat white blob sitting there with his hands crossed, that'd be me I do believe b/c I was sitting right around there.

Hey Dave, you got me too but you cant tell. If you look at the end of the bleacher, 3rd row up you'll see a fat white blob sitting there with his hands crossed, that'd be me I do believe b/c I was sitting right around there.

That must be you with your jaw dropping.... :D

Right about where I took that shot, the bike hiked the front end and made a charge to the 800' mark like I'd never seen a TF bike do before. I was not surprised when the 5.99 came up on the board. Larry told me he actually lifted a little early on that pass.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back