Larry Spiderman Mcbride Jaw Dropper... (1 Viewer)

According to Larry's website, his fastest 1/8 speed has been 218 at Virginia in 2003! I wonder what that would have legged out? 5.60?

Last edited:
does anyone remember Russ Collins and the Sorserer, 199mph at Ontario Motor speedway in 1980. I believe he had 2 engines

Larry's bike produces over 1200hp, my friends fuel bike has potential to produce around 1400hp.

Steve (McBride) was telling me last year that to run 240 mph they need approx 1250 hp to the rear wheel. Larry has gone 248+ (Valdosta '07) so they are putting more than 1250 to the ground I'm sure.

The 5.79 could have been quicker, possibly 76 or 7. Larry said it dropped the front wheel & nosed over just past 1000'. Speed was down to 232 I think. He had run 243 eariler.

Dave and Jay....Sure miss seeing you guys at our races.
Take care
TW

Tony,

I miss the bike races and everyone involved, but I gotta go where the money is and that's the "Big Show" these days. I did get to talk with Jay and Diane a little at the CHRR last October.

Jay,

Yeah, I know that they are slow by today's standards, but everything has to be judged by when it occurs and in their day, they were badass. Remember the sound of Bo's bike? or Elmer's just warming up in the pits?

Back when you were involved in TF, those cars couldn't handle most of today's fast bracket dragsters.

Tony,

I miss the bike races and everyone involved, but I gotta go where the money is and that's the "Big Show" these days. I did get to talk with Jay and Diane a little at the CHRR last October.

Jay,

Yeah, I know that they are slow by today's standards, but everything has to be judged by when it occurs and in their day, they were badass. Remember the sound of Bo's bike? or Elmer's just warming up in the pits?

Back when you were involved in TF, those cars couldn't handle most of today's fast bracket dragsters.

Right. Back when I was involved with top fuel cars, we never ran a six. That car couldn't qualify in Pro Stock today.

The TF Bike guys were and are the greatest bunch of Fuel freaks you can meet,
Back before Elmer died I met E.mer and the family and Larry in Atlanta at old PROSTAR
race. Just happen to be in Atlanta for some training and found out they were there.
I was wondering the pits and here comes Spiderman limping along.
I introduced myself and talked to him for 10 min and he said did you see me jump off at 200 MPH in Gainesville? I said no he then takes me over to his van and plops in the VHS of it. Explains that they changes rear tire for finals and did not get it straight.
Bike was drifting right so in lights he says I figured jumping off was better than hitting guard wall!
I told him that He, Elmer and Vance were Crazier than any AA/FA Driver I knew.
He then turns around and says follow me takes me right over to Trent's pit and introduces me to the entire family.

Great weekend!

Larry Congrats on the spectacular TF Bike History.

The First time I met Elmer was the day before he was killed! My first impression was "This guy doesn't look like a racer!" He had a White collar look about him, not a guy who went 230MPH on 2 wheels!:eek:

Wow! What I want to know is how can he run so quick carrying such a large set of cajones in his firesuit.

My oh my!

How in the hell can this NOT be a class at the big show. Fans would be all over that wouldn't they?

Years ago, when my brother worked for Kallitta.......my son and I were fortunate enough to be given passes to the Kallitta suites at Dallas. The fuel bikes were running and we watched a session from basically straight behind them. I guess I knew with the front wheel in the air that they had to guide with body english only.........but until I saw it from behind, I never truely appreciated how much they have to move......and how far!!!!! Also interesting was to notice who all came to watch them run. Most if not all the TF & FC guys were there and really loved it. :D

Years ago, when my brother worked for Kallitta.......my son and I were fortunate enough to be given passes to the Kallitta suites at Dallas. The fuel bikes were running and we watched a session from basically straight behind them. I guess I knew with the front wheel in the air that they had to guide with body english only.........but until I saw it from behind, I never truely appreciated how much they have to move......and how far!!!!! Also interesting was to notice who all came to watch them run. Most if not all the TF & FC guys were there and really loved it. :D

A little known fact was how many car guys consulted with and, or, ran versions of Elmers tune-up.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back