What kind of job do you have? (1 Viewer)

I work at a call center answering phones for one of the nation's most recognizable computer support companies as a tech support rep.

25 years as a WalMart greeter- :eek:

My profile tells you everything you need to know-
Sorry Q-Tipp, nice try though :D

:eek::eek:

Who ya tryin to fool RG- we all know that you are a professional paint particle generator!!!! :p

As for me, this is what I get to drive at work...

P1100964A.jpg

(No, not the transporter room of the Enterprise- this is WAY more fun..:D)

And this is what it does...

DavisCAJune07185.jpg

Last edited:
Run a tire and automotive shop. We sell and service all tires (except motorcycles). We also do all types of auto repair on all brands. I handed in my resignation though, so I will only be doing this until the end of the year. I've worked at the same place for over 13 years (since I was 19). The constant labor shortages have driven me out of the business. I consistently run my shop at about 1/2 to 2/3 staffing due to labor shortages, so we're going to try something different.

I've been in in the banking business for 28 years......but I'm not what you would consider a banker.LOL I'm a A.V.P. at Whitney National Bank which is based in New Orleans but we have locations in 5 states along the Gulf Coast(Texas,Louisiana,Mississippi,Alabama & Flordia). I am a Computer Programming Manager. My systems primarily are the Check processing(image based and Non Image),ACH(electronic transactions)and the Financial systems(General Ledger,Accounts Payable) for the bank. It's a good job, it pays the bills,LOL. Located where we are when Katrina hit it was a major ordeal! Although we regulalry practice for disaster recovery, when you truely have a diaster you find out quickly where your holes in your disaster plan are.As for racing, I did very little racing as a young man, got married had two boys and watched the races on T.V. I then discovered Jr. dragsters and somehow was able to talk my wife into letting me race with our boys! It has been a blast racing with my boys. If you have young kids and ever have comptemplated racing jr's with them. Don't hesitate, it's a kick in the pants. I am also a moderator at JRDrags.com, come by and visit us when you get a chance. My youngest(13) is still racing jr's and we are currently putting together a Super Pro(Super Comp) car for my oldest(20).

Our Familie's been in the Printing business since 1960. We owned Albuq. Printing until 1982 when my Father sold out, in 1985 they opened a much smaller place called the Sherwood Company. I've been in printing since 1977, I also worked in Radio part-time for 6 years and even announced some local Circletrack racing as well as some local Drag racing! About a year ago I took a Part-time job with Dominoes delivering and it has helped me feed this Beast Called NHRA!

I am a painiting Contractor and I have owned my own business for the last five years (Rollemup Painting) I have been painting for the last 27 years. You build it and I will paint it.

Our Familie's been in the Printing business since 1960. We owned Albuq. Printing until 1982 when my Father sold out, in 1985 they opened a much smaller place called the Sherwood Company. I've been in printing since 1977, I also worked in Radio part-time for 6 years and even announced some local Circletrack racing as well as some local Drag racing! About a year ago I took a Part-time job with Dominoes delivering and it has helped me feed this Beast Called NHRA!

Your new nick name is "Pizza Joe"!!!

I work with kids,

I'm a primary teaching assistant/sub teacher, and also do work in special ed schools. During the holidays I work as a play leader with the YMCA doing vacation care (Just finished up a two week program on Monday) I've been doing this since October 2003. Back at school in Feb to work towards my degree in primary education, then a masters in education.

The last school I worked at was in South London, which ended back in June, as my two year visa had expired and I worked with a reception class (That's Kindergarten in America) and a grade 5 class, where I supported some of the students one on one, and other times worked with the entire classroom. I miss the kids a lot (Teri, even CHARLIE haha) My friends daughters were ace...

P1010556-1.jpg

And here are some pics with a special ed class I had when I first arrived in London in 2005

DSC01458.jpg

DSC01455.jpg

Great thread idea Suzie :)

PS; Brian and Teri, you should check this book out, it's a fantastic read, very enjoyable, I left my copy with a fellow staff member and never got it back...

Amazon.com: On Subbing: The First Four Years: Books: Dave

Five bucks, cant go wrong.

Last edited:
I work with kids,

I'm a primary teaching assistant/sub teacher, and also do special ed assistant teaching sometimes. During the holidays I work as a playleader with the YMCA doing vacation care. Back at school in Feb to work towards my degree in primary education, then a masters in education.

The last school I worked at was in South London, and I worked with a reception class (That's Kindy in America) and a grade 5 class. I miss the kids a lot (Teri, even CHARLIE haha) My friends daughters were ace...

P1010556-1.jpg

And here are some pics with a special ed class I had when I first arrived in London in 2005

DSC01458.jpg

DSC01455.jpg

Great thread idea Suzzie :)

So MIke, do you use Drag racing analogys in Class? Do you have posters on the wall?

So MIke, do you use Drag racing analogys in Class? Do you have posters on the wall?

Haha, well when we use to go into the IT room, most of the boys would look at fast and the furious type cars, I was like "Would you like to see something cooler then that" They were all like "sure" Next minute their jaws were dropping at the site of a FC with flames over it's roofline and going "That's sick sir" One of the kids took a real liking to it and would bug me everyday, going "Did you check the results on the drag race central Mr. Veskovich" (just imagine hearing a London accent when you read that)

I'm busy over the weekend, with our first drag meet of the season, but I'll find some pics of drawings the kids did for me, you'll have a good laugh (in a good way)

Oh that just reminded me, my latest job, the YMCA job, would you believe, that two of the kids parents race, one kids mom and dad own a top doorslamer (PM) and a TAFC, they have parked the TD, and the mom is racing the TAFC tomorrow. His mom gave me a poster, signed 'look after my son' hehe. The other kid, his dad races in a super sedan class and is the Australian national champion. Fancy that.

Hope youre doing well Joe.

Mike

Now there's a damn good idea for a thread Suzie...

Well as a few will know I now run Motorsport Marketing Solutions where I handle most of consultancy work and along with Dan Bennett provide all our creative/design services.

Well, er, I'd like to point out that Chris is referring to the newer "Daniel Bennett" registered here and not myself. I'm not sure I've ever been a member of any group where another member had the same name.

Just to avoid confusion, etc.

I work for BP with whom I have been employed with since I was 17 (13 years). I have held numerous positions with the organization including Site Manager, Regional Manager, Change Coach, Recruiter/Trainer, Financial Analyst, and Marketing Manager. I currently work in the Commercial Team developing the strategy and short term plan of the business. During my 13 year career with BP I have traveled and lived in many states from New Jersey to California. BP has also been gracious enough to fund my education during my career.

Project Manager for one of the largest AEC firms in the world.

Our primary business classes are Health Care, Justice (Federal Courthouses and Prisons) Government (Pentagon Remodels, Pentagon Remote Delivery Facility etc) and Civic.

Chances are if you have visited a hospital in the past XX years, we were involved in the site or building either as Architects, Engineers, or Consultants.

We have also been involved at Johns Hopkins, scheduling moving critical experimental scientific projects from one site to the other, as not to invalidate the experiment results.

We also do high end scientific projects including NIST (National Institute of Science and Technology,) here in the states, and the UK's version in London.

We also have an Engineering side of the company (actually bigger than the Architecture company) that does high profile projects also.

Such as, the bridge over the Colorado river in front of the Hoover Dam, some work as consultants on the Big Dig in Boston, and a large percentage of roads and bridges you all traverse.

As of late, I have been working more on international work, recently working and traveling in London, Canada, and soon in Abu Dahbi, where one of the largest health care facilities in the world is currently in design.

Rewarding, interesting, hectic, fast paced, client driven work.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back