What ever happened to fuel altereds? (1 Viewer)

Lyle Greenberg,
Thanks for the compliments. We really had a wonderfull time. Everyone we met were really nice and seemed to enjoy having us there. It was also nice to meet you and Rachel there that night also. Well good luck with the rest of your racing season and be safe. From, James A. Generalao Jr.

Lyle Greenberg,
Thanks for the compliments. We really had a wonderfull time. Everyone we met were really nice and seemed to enjoy having us there. It was also nice to meet you and Rachel there that night also. Well good luck with the rest of your racing season and be safe. From, James A. Generalao Jr.

James, I took some pics from last Saturday night, I'll try to get them posted ASAP..

Anybody have any new info on the Altered show at Bakersfield in September?
I went last year and the year before. I'd go again.

That is just super, Scott..way looking forward to that!!

Oh..and from the Altered page listed earlier..here's an old Nanook shot..and if you go there..there is a shot when he lands..and still clocked 200mph at the traps..hehe: Here's your history Randy..ask Dave about this one..

flyin_nanook.jpg

Man..that just rocks.

Thanks Scott for what you're doing in Eddyville & Cordova..I personally say Thanks.

The above is a Steve Reyes Photo..and don't ever forget he is the MAN!!

This has got to be a forgery.... THE BUTTERFLY'S ARE CLOSED!!!:D:D:D

Awesome Shot..and yes, Steve Reyes is the MAN!

I am Nominating this as the GREATEST THREAD OF THE DECADE on the MATER!!!

I always wonder why, everytime I see these cars in action, I get that...:rolleyes: "Special Feeling" down below.... I would give anything to be able to be the "SHOE" of one of these bad hot rods! When I made my runs this past summer in the Injected Alcohol Front motored dragster...(225" wb...I know...doesn't count) and ran solid 7.50's up on the hill, that was the funnest ride I had ever had....(I even got Baptised by OIL on my last pass!!)

It truly "TRANSFORMED" me into wanting to drive a front motored car. The Fuel Altered I grew up as my favorite was when Ray Higley would run his car w/o the body!!! OMG, for being as Blind as a Bat, that dude sure could drive!!! I remember standing on the starting line at Carlsbad Raceway, (ONE OF THE SHORTEST SHUT OFF'S ANYWHERE) and standing behind Ray's Altered and literally moving my head side to side about 5 times as he RAN IT THRU THE TRAPS!!!! I was in shock and awe and fell in LOVE with the AA/FA!!!

I think, if NHRA wants a SHOW FILLER...(or in my humble opinion..the best show) they need to bring in 4 AA/FA and 4 N/FC's and have a old fashioned match race!!!

As for the SEAN'S....Rapid....John.....Chris....and OMG WES ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME???? You guys freakin Rock! I couldn't hold your Jock Straps! But, if ya want to take a Sabatical... Just give ol Timmah a Ring a ding ding!!!:cool:

Put me in coach.... I'm ready to Play!!

Paul Flores

Thank you for supporting my event the last couple of years. This year the featured cars are Nanook, Rat Trap, Winged Express, Impatient Racing, Pure Heaven( the Bennett's), Vegas Heat, Fast N Forty, Sullivan and Haight and The MOB.
Plus we have a great group of alcohol guys. Austin Frye, George Johns, Kent Spect, Mike Halstead, Richard Phillips, Dale Dow, Dave Ward, Dale Bloomgaarden, Dave Gruzen and Gil Valencia.

John Keigley

Ah, thanx James G and John K!
The flyer looks great! I can't wait.
Is Impatient the red transformer car? I forget, sorry.
Last year Dale tuned it.

Paul

Impatient is red but it's a nostalgia car that the above James Generaloa drives. Your thinking of Rich Howell's Power Play car that was tuned by Pulde the last two years. He will not be making it this year.

John Keigley

Oh OKAY...

The other end of it..

And please remember Steve Reyes Photo:

fly-nanooknosedive.jpg

And the caption:

But, what come up, must come down. Note, behind the right front wheel, the drag link for the steering hanging on the ground. This would mean that there was no way to steer the Nanook any longer. The odd thing about this, is that on this run, Dave turned a 200 mph trap speed.

With no steering.

Take that, Willie!

And the link to this story..and more stories about all the alts I grew up with anyway.

Awful, Awful Fuel Altereds or Why be Normal? Nanook, First Page!

I saw the Nanook do that at Irwindale.

Jay

Joe, those are great shots! The only problem is I wish you had taken a ton more. As a die-hard altered fanatic, I can never see too many shots of the roadsters. The '27 T with the left-steer driver was cool.

Had I'd known I was going to post those here I would have! But I had NO idea how many cars were going to be there, sorry!

No need to apologize Joe, you take super pics, just remember next time you're around altereds, click away!! I really enjoy your, as well as many other Maters' pics. What I really like is when you guys get shots of everything outside the realm of the Pro cars. As much as I like seeing them, they are the cars that get the most coverage, so we see them quite a bit. But as you know, there are a TON of other, wild race cars out there.

Joe's been holding out on us.
toetap05.gif
We'll have no more of this Joe.
nono.gif

Thanks for coming clean, now get out there and find those Altereds.
yesnod.gif

Had I'd known I was going to post those here I would have! But I had NO idea how many cars were going to be there, sorry!

We screwed up by not getting a picture of you, me and Jenn Jaramillo together at our "mini 'Mater meeting".

It was a fun show .... beat the heck out of staying in my hotel room in Santa Fe ...

PS I am STILL in Santa Fe and they are talking about me staying til Wednesday of next week!!!!

Last edited:
No need to apologize Joe, you take super pics, just remember next time you're around altereds, click away!! I really enjoy your, as well as many other Maters' pics. What I really like is when you guys get shots of everything outside the realm of the Pro cars. As much as I like seeing them, they are the cars that get the most coverage, so we see them quite a bit. But as you know, there are a TON of other, wild race cars out there.

For all the altered lovers out there, be in Eddyville Iowa next weekend. There are going to be somewhere over 20-altereds there. Headlined by Nanook and Rat Trap. Be there with your cameras! ;)

Rapid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back