DSR Magic??? (1 Viewer)

Bob

Nitro Member
I have been around this sport longer than most of you have been alive. To have ANY two NITRO cars come out of the box and run the same ET to a THOUSANDTH of a second is unusual. To have all THREE of "The Dons" run the exact same ET, 3.804, is amazing. After reading it on DRC, I printed it out to show to my friend that used to race fuel altereds against me at LIONS, OCIR etc. He thought that I had made a mistake. I don't think I ever remember anything like happening before. You can try to tune to for the conditions to a HUNDREDTH, but not to a THOUSANDTH. Congrats to DSR for an "out of the box" magic moment. Dixon and Worsham were only four thousandth apart on thier first pass. I hope the weather lets them all get in at least one more pass to get the tune-up right. Nitro junkies are in for one Hell of a season I think.

I have been around this sport longer than most of you have been alive. To have ANY two NITRO cars come out of the box and run the same ET to a THOUSANDTH of a second is unusual. To have all THREE of "The Dons" run the exact same ET, 3.804, is amazing. After reading it on DRC, I printed it out to show to my friend that used to race fuel altereds against me at LIONS, OCIR etc. He thought that I had made a mistake. I don't think I ever remember anything like happening before. You can try to tune to for the conditions to a HUNDREDTH, but not to a THOUSANDTH. Congrats to DSR for an "out of the box" magic moment. Dixon and Worsham were only four thousandth apart on thier first pass. I hope the weather lets them all get in at least one more pass to get the tune-up right. Nitro junkies are in for one Hell of a season I think.

Exactly Bob.... Amazing, Amazing, Amazing is all I can say.

Can you say Traction Control Device...Sorry I couldn't resist....Its bound to be brought up....lol

It is rather unusual, I am going to say it is one of those mathematical anomolies that the sport presents us every now and then. However, that doesn't make it any less impressive. Well Done DSR!

Hey Chris, It is UNUSUAL in sportsman or Prostock, but in the NITRO CLASSES to my knowledge, I don't remember anything like this before. If you do, please tell me when it happened. First pass, Right out of the box. Even after four passes I find it AMAZING.

Can you say Traction Control Device...Sorry I couldn't resist....Its bound to be brought up....lol

My sources have told me that these teams use traction control devices during testing to plot clutch curves. Seems one of the cars/teams "forgot" to take it off for a national event last year and was caught using it. Penalty was severe but kept very quiet.

But, no matter by what means, it is one heck of a job by the teams and drivers, and is a testament to the consistancy of the DSR equipment and crews from car to car.

My sources have told me that these teams use traction control devices during testing to plot clutch curves. Seems one of the cars/teams "forgot" to take it off for a national event last year and was caught using it. Penalty was severe but kept very quiet.

But, no matter by what means, it is one heck of a job by the teams and drivers, and is a testament to the consistancy of the DSR equipment and crews from car to car.

A certain FC driver was caught using one in the 90's, and yes it was kept very quiet!:rolleyes:

I cant' believe this. it's just magic exactly as stated. No funny business. pro-stocks run the same e.t's to the thousands all the time, so have tf/ps/psb, just because it all happens to be all from one team your quick to pull out the watergate of drag racing 2011. This has happend before even in the nitro classes and yesterday happend probably to exactly due to what virgil has said.
DSR has the best of eveything including the engine department talent and they share notes, basic tune up, i am sure each crew chief puts there own little tweak on it.

so figure they were all shooting for 79-81 and they all know how to get that number and i'm sure some under tuned and some over tuned and it just so happens that, golly, all the same. check the speeds. it's all different talent that let to the same bag of performance

this is gonna be a tough year for don shakin all the speculation when i'm sure there playing by the rules 100% not even a day into the season goes by.

That is a pretty cool tool ... but I am not sure how much the data from Wednesday will be usable. The track temps will vary quite a bit throughout the weekend, thusly changing the measured ascension. I guess they have a conversion table, if there is X amount of ascension at temperature Y ... then as temperature increases/decreases, the ascension increases/decreases proportionally.

With basically using all of the same chassis, equipment, tune ups and shared information. It's no wonder that today's top fuel dragsters are known as "cookie cutter cars"

It does good to mention/remind everyone to do a google search on traction control devises. After reading the information available, good luck finding it on a car!!!

Of special note also is the fact that Spencer and Tony ran the left lane and Antron was in the right. The runs by Del and Larry were also pretty good and they were in the right lane. I guess we should give NHRA some credit for creating fairly equal lanes to start the season.

Of special note also is the fact that Spencer and Tony ran the left lane and Antron was in the right. The runs by Del and Larry were also pretty good and they were in the right lane. I guess we should give NHRA some credit for creating fairly equal lanes to start the season.
A very good point Virgil. Both lanes looked good. The track was stout and cold enough, that it destroyed a new set of tires in 1 run.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back