"Magic" nitromethane... (1 Viewer)

Probably to the angst of those who think I am the devil himself, I pretty well I agree with the comments made already.

I never believed that the fuel in storage was being used, that is why they were in storage. I also believed when DSR came out and said the fuel was never used.

I am not going to bring up my previous concerns, they already have been misconstrued enough, but I do have one question.
All the Wego, Pro Nitro, VP discussion should be between DSR and the NHRA.
Why start another thread that brings it back up again?

After all the comments on the other threads, the answer to the "magic" nitro should be pretty well known.

Also, you can pretty well expect more verbal assaults against NHRA and I don't think that helps your case. I think this whole thing should have been handled by DSR by taking the high-road and deal directly with NHRA and not make statements that could hardens NHRA's stance.

It appears to me that all these statements and comments made by everyone is putting NHRA in a precarious position where they will be forced take a hard-line stance.

Let the name-calling and shaming of me begin, again.

It doesn't matter if the NHRA did or did not say DSR was "cheating". Perception is reality. The first words I heard from a friend of mine who follows NHRA but isn't into the behind the scenes action were "Did you hear that Schumacher got caught cheating?". This from an intelligent college graduate with an MBA. As I said above, perception is reality. NHRA has stepped in it again.

An interesting point about the way NHRA handled it is what they didn't say at the venue. I was at the race all day Saturday and all day Sunday. Not one word was spoken about it to the live audience. I didn't find out about it until I read it on the internet and saw it on my TiVo.

So the way it looks is that NHRA went directly and exclusively to the media to discuss this but didn't feel it necessary to tell the people who paid money to be there (or, as it turns out, DSR -- but that's another issue). If this was such a big deal that it warranted this huge fine, why not tell everyone?

It seems as if NHRA was really only out to make a big scene, to make some kind of example of, or worse, to publicly humiliate DSR. That's warped.

This inability for NHRA to admit they acted hastily, and blemished the reputation of a leading team and group of sponsors is inexcusable. This action should have been behind the scenes, and worked out quietly and professionally. This should not have been a media event.

The lack of a retraction reminds me of the finish line photo shot of Steve Johnson "not winning" Indy..... Sometimes you have to admit that things get messed up.

I was asked to post this by a friend and fellow racer. This seems like a good place to put it. I am for anything to keep the costs of Nitro down for all us racers who use it.

Rapid

Yellow_ribbon.png

show support of lower fuel costs: Wear a Yellow Ribbon to the Racetrack, take some spares and offer them out for the support of Lower Nitro Costs

Do you think IMG really knows what they are getting involved with?

sure they do. nothing unique to drag racing, that's for sure.
'tomorrow' there will be a banner headline praising DSR or NHRA or
both together - it will reciprocate - i am confident.

I was asked to post this by a friend and fellow racer. This seems like a good place to put it. I am for anything to keep the costs of Nitro down for all us racers who use it.

Rapid

Yellow_ribbon.png

show support of lower fuel costs: Wear a Yellow Ribbon to the Racetrack, take some spares and offer them out for the support of Lower Nitro Costs

Thats a Unique Idea Randy!
To show the support that makes this thing go BUZZ! ( No offence Miller, haha:))
Buy a roll of 3/4 or 1 inch yellow tape at HomeDepot and take it with ya to the track, Offer a strip or a wristband to all of those that you speak with that live in the word of yellow skies. What could it cost...........$ 3.00 or $4.00 a roll to save the Independant racers their programs, and all Nitro teams money to actually race with................

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back