Mike Edwards..... (1 Viewer)

Sean D, shondoo

Nitro Member
Does anyone have any insight as to what's going on with his lights lately? He used to be about as dangerous on the starting line as Jeggie, but with this newly found performance advantage, that has seemed to disappear. Is the set-up required to deal with the new power the culprit, or is Mike just in a slump?

I should also point out that I believe there is no nicer guy out there, so to see him turn the performance around is great. I just want him to start sealing the deal on Sunday, so I hate to see this happen to him.

Sean D

mike used to cut some unbelievable lights, but often it was at the expense of many red lights. Perhaps with their newfound horsepower, they backed it down a bit, not feeling the need to 'tree' anyone anymore.

I've been watching P/S for a while and the thing I've noticed is,when a driver has a decided performance advantage two things happen. One is they seem to get a tad tardy in the RT dept. and the other driver will take a shot @ them. Since NHRA started the variable timing start in the tree,some of the counters have suffered. Edwards could have been one of the counters because this year his RT have been off a little and that could be why he's red lit some too. There must have been a lot of counters because it seems the P/S RT seem to be off this year. Then again,I could be entirely wrong. One driver who really turns it up when he's a little behind in the power dept. is Greg Stanfield. I could be mistaken but he has taken GA out 5 or 6 times this year and with a slower ET.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back