NAPA in NHRA (1 Viewer)

I believe that NAPA has been an associate on the DSR cars for a while now. Matter of fact, I'm sure of it.

Alan

I got a mangled con rod and piston out of the late Bruce Sarver's Napa Top Fuel dragster from the '98 or '99 World Finals. Sarver autographed the con rod in grease pencil ....

Didn't Capps (or someone else at DSR) run a one-off Napa body last year or the year before or am I just crazy? Wait ... don't answer the second part ...

I got a mangled con rod and piston out of the late Bruce Sarver's Napa Top Fuel dragster from the '98 or '99 World Finals. Sarver autographed the con rod in grease pencil ....

Didn't Capps (or someone else at DSR) run a one-off Napa body last year or the year before or am I just crazy? Wait ... don't answer the second part ...

I have to Chris... yes...
As far as a National Auto Parts Associates car... I remember someone running 1 in the last couple of years... but I couldn't tell you who... CRS has set in...

Epler it was...

photo23.jpg

Was this the same year that Jim ran many different schemes while driving for Etchells?

Toy's 'R' Us is one i remember...

EDIT...

Here it is...

photo15.jpg

Last edited:
That Napa car is nice. Sure would like to see a return and get the exposure that Mickey gets. I bet they would do a combination commercial which would benenfit everyone. Something like looking at each others cars and commenting or such.
jim

It's amazing how a sponsor dumps NHRA and takes the Nascar route. Than 10 years later somehow NHRA's marketable again! I bet a lot of influence on these decisions go to the marketing coordinator's for these companies. If Company A has a huge NHRA fan working in their marketing dept. NHRA's got their foot in the door, if that companies marketing dept.never has attended a Drag race than it's an obvious choice!

Sarver ran the Carquest dragster I know in 97, he drove the Atsco dragster in 98, and I believe he sat out most of 99 before going with Alan Johnson's Emola FC in 2000. I do not remember him driving a NAPA dragster, but I could be wrong.

Sarver ran the Carquest dragster I know in 97, he drove the Atsco dragster in 98, and I believe he sat out most of 99 before going with Alan Johnson's Emola FC in 2000. I do not remember him driving a NAPA dragster, but I could be wrong.

I thought Sarver ran Napa Colours in 1999?

It was a Carquest dragster, even if it was a Napa dragster, that's still almost 10 years ago. Remember when Miller ran with Lahaie/McCullough through the 80's? Then dropped out for 5-6 years then re-appeared on Prudhomme's car with Dixon?

Tim Wilkerson ran the Napa colors in 94 and 95 on his alky cars, then on his Nitro car for a short while, but was support from mostly his local distributors

It was a Carquest dragster, even if it was a Napa dragster, that's still almost 10 years ago. Remember when Miller ran with Lahaie/McCullough through the 80's? Then dropped out for 5-6 years then re-appeared on Prudhomme's car with Dixon?

I am sure it was a NAPA dragster but darned if I can find any pics online.

Brut could take Napa's place on Michael Waltrips pitifull Toyota Nascar entry.
I think Napa got tired of the mostly DNQ showing of MW 's cup car this year.

Apparently you have not been watching NASCAR over the last month. The performance of his car has turned around and is now qualifying and he even had a top 10 last week.

Apparently you have not been watching NASCAR over the last month. The performance of his car has turned around and is now qualifying and he even had a top 10 last week.

If it wasn't for their stupid "top 35" rule, Waltrip would have made a lot more races.

Congrats! Best team that money could have bought...

I for one closed my business account with NAPA....and they did'nt care

I'll stick with a name who has always backed NHRA and their customers.....Checker Schucks and Kragen

But CONGRATS Don and all at DSR!

KB

I closed mine also and several of my friends are too, i know i'm a nobody compared to the NHRA favorites but they flat lied to me just like i said it's a closed fraternity. Southern boys despise dis-honesty our word is gold

In Bama

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back